Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Not Running--LED Codes?

Army Lights

Hi everyone,

The last two days have been beyond frustrating. First, we had a torrential downpour and my show started to throw GFCIs. Last night, I ran my Hardware Testing program and found which channels were tripping the GFCI. So, I unhooked those two channels, thinking I would just wait til everything dried out and I'd be good to go.

Unfortunately, when I popped my SD card back into the controller, the show did not run, and I still cannot get it to run. On top of that, I can no longer run my Hardware diagnostic because my son broke my USB -RJ45 converter (told you it's been frustrating).

The only other thing I can tell you is that the big red light is blinking twice/second and the "D" and "E" lights are lit on the controller whether the card is on or not.

By the way, I am using a LOR1602MP3. Please Help!!!!

Chris

From pages 11 and 12 of the DC-MP3 manual.

Status LEDs
There are four LEDs on the left side of the card above the Reset Button and Selector Switch. These LEDs are used as follows:

E Steady blink if there is no SD card inserted into the DC-MP3.

Steady ON if the Hardware Utility is attached to the DC-MP3 – no SD card may be inserted while communicating with the Hardware Utility.

Blink twice, pause, blink twice, pause, … ifthe show selected by the Selector Switch does not exist.

Fast blink if the selected show is not present on the SD card or the SD card is invalid

Random blink during a show (SD card inserted) if the DC-MP3 falls more than a tenth of second behind in getting lighting controller commands out on the RS485
network link.

R Steady blink if the DC-MP3 is waiting for a scheduled show to start.

Blink twice, pause, blink twice, pause, … if waiting for an input trigger to start a show and/or waiting for a scheduled show.

C Not currently used except during startup to indicate the firmware version present in DCMP3.

P This green LED is lit when the DC-MP3 is powered.

There is no "D" light, so I don't know what to tell you.

1st thing I would do is order TWO USB-to RJ 45 adapters from LOR! Then I would work on trying to figure out why the show won't run while I waited on the adapters.

This is one of those things I have 4 of (just in case);) I have 2 from LOR and 2 from other places that can run the show.

Don wrote:

From pages 11 and 12 of the DC-MP3 manual.

Status LEDs
There are four LEDs on the left side of the card above the Reset Button and Selector Switch. These LEDs are used as follows:

E Steady blink if there is no SD card inserted into the DC-MP3.

Steady ON if the Hardware Utility is attached to the DC-MP3 – no SD card may be inserted while communicating with the Hardware Utility.

Blink twice, pause, blink twice, pause, … ifthe show selected by the Selector Switch does not exist.

Fast blink if the selected show is not present on the SD card or the SD card is invalid

Random blink during a show (SD card inserted) if the DC-MP3 falls more than a tenth of second behind in getting lighting controller commands out on the RS485
network link.

R Steady blink if the DC-MP3 is waiting for a scheduled show to start.

Blink twice, pause, blink twice, pause, … if waiting for an input trigger to start a show and/or waiting for a scheduled show.

C Not currently used except during startup to indicate the firmware version present in DCMP3.

P This green LED is lit when the DC-MP3 is powered.

There is no "D" light, so I don't know what to tell you.
Sorry, it was a P Light, not a D light. So apparently that one is fine. The E light is what confuses me. It's not hooked to the hardware utility at all. Nothing is hooked to it. Do you have any ideas? Thanks for getting that info by the way...I've been looking through my LOR1602MP3 manual and it didn't have anything in there about that.

I know it's frustrating when things don't work the way they should as I too am having problems with my show. You really need to get the basics down by reading pages 9-10 of the manual which I've provided the link here
http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/DC-MP3_Man_Web.pdf
The particular device you have has the internal DC-MP3 mounted inside I assume. You may be confusing the red blinking light of the 1602W with the one on the DC-MP3.
The lights that you described as E,P has a little reset button just beneith them. I would also unblug the DC-MP3 from the 1602 for about 10 seconds to effectively remove power from it. Then reconnect and hit the reset button after another 10 seconds which will allow the DC-MP3 to reboot. Waiting to hear from you.

Dave Pursel wrote:

I know it's frustrating when things don't work the way they should as I too am having problems with my show. You really need to get the basics down by reading pages 9-10 of the manual which I've provided the link here
http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/DC-MP3_Man_Web.pdf
The particular device you have has the internal DC-MP3 mounted inside I assume. You may be confusing the red blinking light of the 1602W with the one on the DC-MP3.
The lights that you described as E,P has a little reset button just beneith them. I would also unblug the DC-MP3 from the 1602 for about 10 seconds to effectively remove power from it. Then reconnect and hit the reset button after another 10 seconds which will allow the DC-MP3 to reboot. Waiting to hear from you.

Dave,

I just tried what you recommended. No difference unfortunatey.

For what it's worth, now all 4 of my lights (ERCP) are lit. The R and the C may have been lit before, but being amber in color, they were harder to see.

Also, what I might not have mentioned before, was that my show worked for 2 weeks before these recent problems. Not sure what has changed!

Thanks again for the help. Please keep helping!

wbottomley wrote:

Army Lights wrote:
wbottomley,

How do I reset the director card?

Press the reset button on the front of the card.

OK, that's what I thought. I've done that. Nothing at all happens. No lights blink. No change whatsoever. Sorry. Any other suggestions?

Dave Pursel wrote:

I didn't mention it earlier (my fault) but did you pull the sd card out prior to the reset?

To be honest, I've done it so many times now, I'm sure I've done it both ways. I've FOR SURE hit the reset with the card out.

OK, so one more thing on the LEDs. The P LED is brightly lit, while the other 3 are just pin-dots (but are definitely emitting light). Thanks guys for sticking with this. I'm sure there is something idiotic I'm doing, but if someone could figure it out for me, that would be awesome. I'm doing a charity collection that's been well publicized in the papers. I have cars showing up left and right disappointed. I'm getting desperate.

When you remove the cable (which removes power, and I'm assuming you don't have a transformer plugged in) for 10 seconds and reattach it do you see the four lights sequence through from left to right 3 or 4 times?

Don wrote:

The "P" light is the power light.

If it's not brightly lit ... then you have no power.

Right...like I said, the P light is brightly lit. I'm curious about the other 3 though. When they are OFF, are they completely dim? Is it possible that they are in the off position, even though there is a pin-dot of light?

I have another question. Is the cable your using the cable you've been using all along. It's not a cross over cable and since you mentioned that your son broke the usb adapter did it occur with the cable plugged in such that maybe the cable was damaged or pins shorted or pulled out?

Dave Pursel wrote:

I have another question. Is the cable your using the cable you've been using all along. It's not a cross over cable and since you mentioned that your son broke the usb adapter did it occur with the cable plugged in such that maybe the cable was damaged or pins shorted or pulled out?

Dave,

Yes it's the same cable. It was not connected to the adapter when my son broke the adapter. Since I have the ShowTime Director, the only thing I use the adapter for is assigning unit IDs and running the hardware program. Other than that, the adapter goes back in the Christmas Box. That's where my 1 year old found it...

OK, the good (actually great) news is that my show is back up and running. The sorta bad news is:

I really have no idea WHY it's working. I went down to radio shack and bought a new RJ-45 adapter. I installed the driver on my computer. I plugged it into my computer. I opened the Hardware program. I get the same "Comm 15 Error" that I get when the adapter is not connected. Yet somehow, this sent some phantom fix to the controller, and voila, we're up and running.

So, I still have no idea how to access the controller if I should want to change the unit ID or run the diagnostic. Any ideas from anyone?