Light-O-Rama Forums

Show locks up - S3 - 3.1.2

jseaton

It has been happening with both Windows 7 and XP. After three crashes last night I tried a couple of things and as of this morning I was still on line.

Changes Made:

1) Disabled the check box in Control panel that said Use the LOR Visualizer

2) Disable the display dim after 10 minutes in power settings ( I use Windows 7). The other power settings for hibernate, sleep, all else were already disabled. I have 8 meg of RAM running if that matters, and this is still on 3.12.

3) Made a new show file using the Simple Show maker. All my sequence files were in the main Lightorama folder, no sub folder.

4) The only checkbox that is checked is "use compressed sequences"

5) I am using 3 networks, and have to use 3,6,7 COM ports to get things to work. My Regular network is COM 7 with 14 controllers, and two CCR ribbons. Aux A is COM 3 and Aux B is COM6 with each of those having just three CCR's each. I have an ELL on COM 3 that is transmitting to 4 other ELL's on my street to other controllers at neighbors. The furthest is about 150 yards away with no issues there.

6) I tried to switch back to another PC that I loaded with 3.02 and never could get it to recognize all my COMS using a USB Hub. I could get two to work but never the third network. Tried hardware utility also and never could get it to see all three either. Songs were programmed in 3.12. Gave up on that and went back to laptop and routine above.

Hopefully this evening things will still be running????????

wbottomley wrote:

Don... I rolled back to 3.0.2 tonight. I don't know what the heck was going on with 3.1.2

I'm running Win XP.

Attached is the error log which is doing some weird stuff. Bob has a copy and I'll let everyone know the results.
hmmm, have seen that six times now!

Sorry, I'm very much in catchup mode with respect to the forums since last Wednesday, and have not seen this thread until now.

We have today found a slow resource leak in the LOR Control Panel, which eventually could cause strange issues (such as lockups). We will be releasing a new version (3.1.4) to fix this sometime today. It is possible that the issues mentioned in this thread are related to this resource leak.