Light-O-Rama Forums

Show locks up - S3 - 3.1.2

jseaton

My show ran perfect Friday and Saturday (first 2 days this year) .... On Sunday, I upgraded to S3 3.1.2 and installed new RS485 drivers in prep for my new CCRs (not currently installed) ... then on Sunday night my show locked up mid way through the show ... I was not at home, bummer! I rebooted this morning thinking this would take care of the problem ... the show ran for 3 hours tonight without a problem, then it started to get errors in the status log ... it goes to closing announcement then starts the show over, plays the first song then closing and loops ... i get the message in the status log "Cannot read show file: ...." Then next msg "Ending Musical .... "

I am also now getting a new error msg: " .... AVManagerUnified.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated ...

Thanks, Bert

Seems to be a growing trend with 3.1.2. Some have gone back to a previous version successfully, maybe try that until Bob is able to resolve this issue with a 3.1.3 update.

Bert Seaton wrote:

My .......I am also now getting a new error msg: " .... AVManagerUnified.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated ...

Thanks, Bert

Hi Bert;
If you do a (Google) search on "AVManagerUnified.dll" you will find some interesting reading, everthing from it being a VIRUS to ways to repair the DLL.

Good Luck

Update - PC #1 dead in water ... loaded LOR s/w on 2nd pc and using the hardware utility test - it cant find any comm port using auto config ... i maybe hurring too much to try and get the show running again and am probably forgetting something obvious

any help would be greatly apprecaited

thanks Bert

more update ... i am running virus scan on PC#1 to make sure no viruses ... on PC#2 I installed the LOR s/w then copied all of sequences from 1 to 2 ... all audio files from 1 to 2 ... then i seem to remember that i have to set the comm port ... trying that with no luck ... tried to install drivers ... not sure if that was successful ... when i plug in the USB connector it says installing device driver then fails and says to check with the manufacturer ... hmmm

Bert- PC1 - run hitman
http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro
then malwarebytes
http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

on pc2 - did you install the drivers for the usb?
http://www.ftdichip.com -> Drivers -> VCP ->
(select the driver version for your Windows operating
system.) Download and save the “setup executable”
from the rightmost column.

My gut tells me it's not a virus. I'm seeing some weird errors as well on an XP SP2 machine running 3.1.2. A client machine running 3.0 (Or 3.0.2, I forget) has not had any issues.

Guest wbottomley

Don... I rolled back to 3.0.2 tonight. I don't know what the heck was going on with 3.1.2

I'm running Win XP.

Attached is the error log which is doing some weird stuff. Bob has a copy and I'll let everyone know the results.

Attached files error.txt

Yeah, one of the messages I got was the "Windows Media Player Error" ... along with some others here in the thread.

Rolling back after the show tonight.

Guest wbottomley

I did everything to my pc before rolling back to 3.0.2. I defragmented, clean disk, check disk, restored to an earlier known working date, etc.

I hope that 3.0.2 will fix this problem. If not, I may load our version that's out right now.

I do run malware daily on the machine ... the signatures were updated 11/29/2011 ... i will kick off another run to make sure ... on pc #2 i tried the drivers with no luck ... I opened a ticket with LOR and it generated an automated respose (I think) and tried that set of drivers with no luck ... thanks for the response! Bert

update ... after i ran virus scanner on pc #1 earlier (no viruses), i rebooted just to try and limp through the rest of the night ... i restarted the show and it ran without a problem the rest of the night ... just came back to check on things and it had the dll error again on the screen .... i did get the media player error msg along the way too ... so, before reboot could not get the show to do anything to running fine after reboot .... my plan was to roll back after the show tonight, so i guess that is where I am headed ....

Are people having this problem with Windows 7 also? or just XP? my show computer is Win 7 but I need to have 3.1.2 to run my Enttec Pro adapters. I don't light up until this weekend and can't kick off the show yet to see how things work. I've had the LORComm Listener and control panel loaded for a week with no issues, but have only done test sequence runs.

Bert Seaton wrote:

Well, I have rolled back to 3.0.0. Everything seems to be fine ... I will update after the show on Wednesday night ... thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions ... Bert

I also had to roll back to 3.0.0 as 3.0.2 was not kicking off the show and I was getting weird errors that made no sense. Did it today and the show kicked off automatically as planned.

heystew wrote:

Are people having this problem with Windows 7 also? or just XP? my show computer is Win 7 but I need to have 3.1.2 to run my Enttec Pro adapters. I don't light up until this weekend and can't kick off the show yet to see how things work. I've had the LORComm Listener and control panel loaded for a week with no issues, but have only done test sequence runs.

I am running win xp pro sp3. Not sure about Win 7

I Thought I replied to this last night, but don't see the reply here.

I was getting these exact same errors. After much troubleshooting, I suspected a bad install.
I uninstalled LOR, deleted the LOR folder, and reinstalled.

Everything has been fine since then

I'm having some problems too. Thank goodness I haven't had a problem with the show freezing up and it has been running with no errors, but this morning when I clicked on my start menu I got an error (don't remember what it was) and when I tried to open the task manager I got another error and it wouldn't open. I had to do a manual shut down on the computer. I've had this problem a couple of time but really didn't think it was my LOR software until I read these posts last night. I'm using S3 version 3.0.2. I hate to waste my time uninstalling and reinstalling 2.94 if that's not going to fix the problem. Has anyone been able to fix this problem, and if so, what did you? I wasn't crazy about S2 2.9.4 for sequencing but at least I didn't have these kinds of problems last year.