Light-O-Rama Forums

s3 control panel causing windows xp to lock up?

mbettez

I did an uninstall of the software that was installed. then did a clean install (I didnt delete any folders or anything though).

mbettez wrote:

What does the light-o-rama status window say when the show freezes?

It just happened about 5 mins into my show again... music kept playing, lights went out. I checked the status screen and there was nothing to indicate any problem had occurred.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caniac

• mbettez

• CK57

• WhitePlainsNY

ace_master wrote:

I did an uninstall of the software that was installed. then did a clean install (I didnt delete any folders or anything though).

mbettez wrote:

It just happened about 5 mins into my show again... music kept playing, lights went out. I checked the status screen and there was nothing to indicate any problem had occurred.
did you do lor reg wipe?

ace_master wrote:

mbettez wrote:

I had the same thing happen last night. Weird part was the music was playing, but lights were not working. I could not get the LOR icon in my tray to open at all. I had to hard reboot and then when it came back on the icon was red, meaning shows were disabled, enable shows and it started up again.

I didn't do a reg wipe... if the following doesn't help, I'll uninstall LOR and do so.
-----
I just changed my show settings to 'load the sequences before they are needed'. Made sure all my sequences are loading MP3 audio files instead of the larger WAV files. I then transferred all of my LOR sequences and music onto my SSD C: drive.

It could have been a file access issue in my case (I use network storage so I can access everything from every computer in the house... Although I can play MKV movies from the same NAS fine).

ace_master wrote:

I didn't do a reg wipe... if the following doesn't help, I'll uninstall LOR and do so.
-----
I just changed my show settings to 'load the sequences before they are needed'. Made sure all my sequences are loading MP3 audio files instead of the larger WAV files. I then transferred all of my LOR sequences and music onto my SSD C: drive.

It could have been a file access issue in my case (I use network storage so I can access everything from every computer in the house... Although I can play MKV movies from the same NAS fine).
I could be wrong by saying this but I don't think LOR plays fine from network drives. In my personal and professional experience NAS is best at data backups and with the right software as a media server. No matter the network connection (unless your house is wire with fiber), access times are gonna be slower than a HD or SSD in the computer that LOR is loaded on. I have also had issues when the network connection would "hiccup" at the worst possible time corrupting a file. Just my opinion.

I haven't seen the lights skip at all tonight after transferring all the files over, but after every song, my radio sign and inflatable motors are still turning off for anywhere from 3-60 seconds.

I have a background sequence with JUST those two channels turned on that I have tried running this animation as a 'background sequence' as well as an 'animation sequence' in my shows with the "turn used lights off" boxes unchecked. It seems no matter what I do, these channels turn off between every sequence... and don't always come back on when the next sequence starts.

I have run the verify utility to make sure I don't have background channels in sequences and I still have this problem. Have had for the last two years for sure and maybe three. I think I'm overloading the single network I have causing it to stick (stop).

I'm looking at getting these channels on another network (with little activity), either LOR or DMX to see if it goes away.