Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Msg: Expected Equal Sign

Denise Nelson

I just downloaded a free LOR sequence, The 12 Pains of Christmas" from Ultrashows.com. Saved to LOR Sequence, and have Auido of song in "Audio" file. When I attempted to open the sequence in LOR Sequence prog, got the following popup error msg: "Expected equal sign". :shock: What the heck does this mean? And can it be fixed?
On the download page, it stated it was "LORSequences.com Legacy" What does "Legacy" mean? :shock:
Please Haaaaaaaaaaaalp!

DeniseN wrote:

I just downloaded a free LOR sequence, The 12 Pains of Christmas" from Ultrashows.com. Saved to LOR Sequence, and have Auido of song in "Audio" file. When I attempted to open the sequence in LOR Sequence prog, got the following popup error msg: "Expected equal sign". :shock: What the heck does this mean? And can it be fixed?
On the download page, it stated it was "LORSequences.com Legacy" What does "Legacy" mean? :shock:
Please Haaaaaaaaaaaalp!

Just means it was imported from the the old LOR Sequences page...to the new Ultrashows site

Sounds to me like the sequence file is corrupt. I would suggest downloading it again - maybe something went wrong when you downloaded it the first time.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest contacting whoever made it and letting them know about the problem.

If that also doesn't work, you could send me (bob@lightorama.com) a copy of the sequence file, and I'll see if I can salvage anything from it (I cannot promise that I will be able to).

bob wrote:

Sounds to me like the sequence file is corrupt. I would suggest downloading it again - maybe something went wrong when you downloaded it the first time.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest contacting whoever made it and letting them know about the problem.

If that also doesn't work, you could send me (bob@lightorama.com) a copy of the sequence file, and I'll see if I can salvage anything from it (I cannot promise that I will be able to).

Bob, I will download it again, if it does not work, I will send you a copy. Thank you for help!:)

DeniseN wrote:

bob wrote:

Bob, I will download it again, if it does not work, I will send you a copy. Thank you for help!:)

Just deleted and re-downloaded the file - same issue, different error msg: "unterminated start tag, 'effect'". I have attached a copy of the file. It can be found at ultrashows.com in their forum {ultrashows -> shows & sequences -> Light-o-Rama -> Christmas (LOR) ->Legacy (retired) -> 12 pains of Christmas.

Hope you can use your magic voodoo on it and make it work. Thank you so much. Good luck!:)

Attached files 12 pains of christmas32.lms

I think your computer is just having trouble downloading it. The fact that you've gotten two different error messages upon downloading it twice indicates the download probably got cut off prematurely both times, but at different places.

In any case, I've downloaded it from their forums, and it worked fine for me. I don't think I should be publishing someone else's work on these forums without their permission, so send me (bob@lightorama.com) your email address, and I'll send you a copy of it.

bob wrote:

I think your computer is just having trouble downloading it. The fact that you've gotten two different error messages upon downloading it twice indicates the download probably got cut off prematurely both times, but at different places.

In any case, I've downloaded it from their forums, and it worked fine for me. I don't think I should be publishing someone else's work on these forums without their permission, so send me (bob@lightorama.com) your email address, and I'll send you a copy of it.

Just sent it to you. Thanks

cmoore60 wrote:

IF it matters I tried to download the file and get the same error.

For whatever reason, my PC didn't download it correctly. I have posted on the website and waiting for an answer.:)

If more than one person is getting the error, I'd think there is something wrong with the file, not the download to one persons computer.

If memory serves there is a "sequence broken" type button/link/whatever on the UltraShows.com site. Hit that so someone (I have no idea who) will know. (And if someone wants to PM me the link, I'll see that someone looks at it.)

I doubt it's anything wrong with the file, as I have successfully downloaded it.

It may certainly be a problem with the machine (or network connection thereof) being downloaded from, rather than with the machine being downloaded to, but I don't think it's a problem with the file itself.

Don wrote:

If more than one person is getting the error, I'd think there is something wrong with the file, not the download to one persons computer.

If memory serves there is a "sequence broken" type button/link/whatever on the UltraShows.com site. Hit that so someone (I have no idea who) will know. (And if someone wants to PM me the link, I'll see that someone looks at it.)

Don, I have gone back to the site and left a message on UltraShows.com site's "corrupted?" link and am waiting for a response. I will post their response here when that happens.

It won't even let me download it! That's one of the songs planned for this year in my display as well. Started working on the sequence, but figured if one had been done already I'd download and do some modifications to fit it to my display.

Even though I'm logged in, I can't download anything!

Orville wrote:

It won't even let me download it! That's one of the songs planned for this year in my display as well. Started working on the sequence, but figured if one had been done already I'd download and do some modifications to fit it to my display.

You must have something wrong with your computer. I was able to login and download it just fine.

(And, it even opened on my computer.)

Orville wrote:

I was able to get the download through a friend, but he emailed it to me and it worked. I could send you a copy but don't know how. I don't know if I was to attach the file via this forum "reply" method if you could download it to your PC. If you know a way, answer this reply and I will try it.

Love to share the fun!

DeniseN wrote:

Don, I have gone back to the site and left a message on UltraShows.com site's "corrupted?" link and am waiting for a response. I will post their response here when that happens.

Well, I didn't know this, when you leave a message that a file is bad, it's posted for people to see.

DeniseN wrote:

Orville wrote:

I was able to get the download through a friend, but he emailed it to me and it worked. I could send you a copy but don't know how. I don't know if I was to attach the file via this forum "reply" method if you could download it to your PC. If you know a way, answer this reply and I will try it.

Love to share the fun!

I've attached the file, hope you can save it to your pc.:)

Attached files 12 pains of christmas32.lms

Don wrote:

Orville wrote:

You must have something wrong with your computer. I was able to login and download it just fine.

(And, it even opened on my computer.)

This is what I get every time I try to download it:

[#10849] Sorry, but you do not have access to any of the functions in our Download Manager

And even though I log in, it keeps telling me I'm NOT logged in now, before it showed me as logged in, now it keeps saying I'm not!

DeniseN wrote:

DeniseN wrote:
Orville wrote:

Love to share the fun!

I've attached the file, hope you can save it to your pc.:)

Thanks Denise! Got it!