Light-O-Rama Forums

20 Days til Enable Schedule are you ready?

Tom Clapper

I was doing just fine until I was setting up my mega tree for testing this weekend and it fell over. Every string (64 of them) were damaged in some way.
I spent the rest of the weekend fixing them and then building a tree lifting system.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miaskiewicz christian

• Tom Clapper

• TJ Hvasta

• wallleyes

Tested all the lights before putting them up. Got the gable and eve strings up and apparantly a wire got pulled and resistors in LED failed. Now have to get some "cheap" blue strings to replace. Love setting up multiple times!!

MikeA wrote:

I was doing just fine until I was setting up my mega tree for testing this weekend and it fell over. Every string (64 of them) were damaged in some way.
I spent the rest of the weekend fixing them and then building a tree lifting system.

Sound familiar anyone??

MikeA wrote:

Take the plans Jim Winder gave you for a mega-tree and burn them... :P

Seriously..sorry to hear it. Was it a home-brew design...or a kit type of thing, or..?

What did you do to avoid a repeat of the same issue?

Ok, had a productive day. Eveything except my arches has been installed and tested. I need to run cords to my first arch and plug them into the cords already made for my second arch(they are doubled). Then I still need to wire up two outlets for power and hook up my fm transmitter. Other than that I'm ready to go. Oh yeah and I also gotta get my voiceovers sent to and back from the demented elf. I hope he has time to get them to me. Not counting that it is currently monday there is less than 5 days til the show starts(night after Thanksgiving) and I will probably run it once Thanksgiving night as we are having family over that day. Good luck everyone, and Happy Lighting.

• The topic was locked