Light-O-Rama Forums

USB Extender and USB Hub experience

heystew

heystew wrote:

yes it works out to almost 7000 channels available. I have started using Tracks and Groups out of necessity.

One of the Enttec Pro's is a spare universe should i need it. Started out with a spare in each box, but then I used one of the spares for the pixels in the light sabers. Each light saber is 42 pixels so I am only using 1/2 of that universe.

Have not spent too much time on E1.31 yet, but from what i have seen.. if you have a device that can send E1.31 (S3 Show computer soon we hope) you can then connect any E1.31 controller to the Ethernet network. Basically those boxes would disappear for me as the DMX Pixel controller I have for each universe would be switched to a controller that could accept E1.31. Should be a simpler architecture.. but we shall see... plus i don't plan to get rid of these.. .will expand with E1.31 though.

Going to need to adopt some new color coding for wires as we'll soon have Ethernet lines running around our yards in addition to DMX and LOR network cables.

I just need to do more reading on 1.31 architecture as it seems hardware is still needed almost as you have it setup already. Like I said I need more reading on it.

As for cables in my planning I have already started a color program to keep myself on track. Some will be controller to controller, some will be the power and signal wires for Dumb strips and of course LOR to DMX cables as well. Found a website with about 10 different colors that I will be working into my schematic over the next few months.

Jack Stevens wrote:

Mike -

The rumors are that LOR has their implementation in alpha or beta test. I have no idea of the release date.

Jack, it is NOT in beta test.

JBullard wrote:

Jack Stevens wrote:
Mike -

The rumors are that LOR has their implementation in alpha or beta test. I have no idea of the release date.

Jack, it is NOT in beta test.

OK, then the rumors I've heard are incorrect. That's the problem with rumors.

I'm personally in no big rush. I WANT to do pixel nodes, but can't afford to do them in the way I'd like to become accustomed to.