• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Roberson

• caniac

• shfr26

• LORi P

Guest wbottomley

rwertz wrote:

The resourcefulness of people really amazes me at time (when they are not too busy playing dumb). Don't worry about the forum. If we find any trolls we'll just feed them to Jeff and William :)

Go try to enjoy the chaos.

YUMMY! :)

Enjoy the moment cracker. Great job!

Aparantly I am the only one who has not seen Cracker's video. Will someone please post it, so I don't have to ask him for his address to see it in person? :(

Now Kevin you only need to be contacted by LMFAO for them to play live at your house ...

Don't shout ! I was just kidding.... lol

You made our local news. I think it's awesome that you're an internet superstar!
I can't imagine how I would handle overnight success like that.

I'm on your side, I'd be blocking and deleting anything that comes my way.

miaskiewicz christian wrote:

Now Kevin you only need to be contacted by LMFAO for them to play live at your house ...

I was thinking having three people dress up like dancing hamsters!!

caniac wrote:

miaskiewicz christian wrote:

I was thinking having three people dress up like dancing hamsters!!

Yes, the hamster dancers!!

No worries Kevin,

Any of us that have been here for a while have all gotten requests for various items. I all ways check out who the request is coming from if I do not know them. Often it is from someone who has just signed up and has not been a part of the community.

I am always happy to help those that are a part of the community. If they stick around and actually become part of the group that is great. If it is someone just looking for free stuff I just ignore the request.

When I first came on board I asked some of the most prominent members for copies of their programming not really understanding what I was actually asking for.

George Simmons has some of the coolest stuff around and when I asked him for a copy of his programming I was not aware that he "sells" his genius for those that enjoy his work and that is part of the way he pays for his display. George has offered me many great comments and input and I appreciate his genius works of creative programming.

We all do what we have to do to make things work.

Kevin, there are no apologies needed.. I've recieved a lot of links on FB and email saying to me "You need to do this!!", or "Can you do this too?"

I have been replying "This guy started the rest of the country making pumpkin faces for their houses, he is the best".

You've heard everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame? This is your 15 minutes, tho it might be more like 17, or 18.. maybe even 20! :P Just remember, it takes a certain genius to think up projects like these.. I'm just happy to know one finally!

I am going to take this a different direction. Its because of the awesomest thing Ive ever seen (Kevins videos) that I have picked up this bug/virus that seems to consume people once they get into it.

Since about three weeks ago when a post of his Thriller video made its way over my Facebook page I have been hooked and needless to say to this group have spent a dollar or two buying my introductory set of gear.

It has been a long time since I have been "kid on Christmas morning" excited about a project/hobby. So for that I thank Kevin, and really this community because since I started looking into this and asking question everyone has been very helpful and willing to give advice, this is a great group of people and once I get a little more educated will do the same.

Thanks Kevin.

Pete

P.S. Sorry about the 47 messages to your hotmail, yahoo, youtube, LOR, and Facebook page! jk

petek157 wrote:

I am going to take this a different direction. Its because of the awesomest thing Ive ever seen (Kevins videos) that I have picked up this bug/virus that seems to consume people once they get into it.

Since about three weeks ago when a post of his Thriller video made its way over my Facebook page I have been hooked and needless to say to this group have spent a dollar or two buying my introductory set of gear.

It has been a long time since I have been "kid on Christmas morning" excited about a project/hobby. So for that I thank Kevin, and really this community because since I started looking into this and asking question everyone has been very helpful and willing to give advice, this is a great group of people and once I get a little more educated will do the same.

Thanks Kevin.

Pete

P.S. Sorry about the 47 messages to your hotmail, yahoo, youtube, LOR, and Facebook page! jk
My feeling exactly, had started this as a replace to the sucky Mr. Christmas gizmo I bought at Lowe's that only half a$$ worked. In January someone mention the Halloween Thriller video on youtube and that was when I got the bug to do Halloween, peppered Kevin with all sorts of question with regard to frame construction, materials, etc. So thanks again Kevin for everything.

Well I DON'T envy you your fame right now...

I have a local radio station already talking up my Christmas display and what's going into it...All be it is a friend of mine who works on the voice overs....

I did have to sit him down and let him see your news clip and what it could possibly do to your display. Had to ask that he cool it with the PR. People will find the display just fine with word of mouth. Heck, last year (first year with LOR) I had them stacked 10 deep to either direction every night all night. Pretty good for first year and NO PR.

I'm confused do I have to post something here first before I can get your address? Here goes!

Kevin that is a good idea for a new forum I heard being discussed. One that limits on sending PM's. No PM's until you have been a member x # of days, number of posts, total time on the forum.

I really hope this whole fame thing doesn't ruin next years display because I am really curious how you are going to one up this years. You say you are just going to do programming but I am sure people say that all the time and then you get ideas.

jstorms wrote:

It's all fun and games until the neighbors show up with pitchforks.

Pitch forks I can handle....wire cutters, thats scary!!!

Doug