• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Boros

• ItsMeBobO

• spindler88

• MikeH

The CCFund Newbie scholarship is now closed.
Thank you all for your interest and generosity.
Enough was collected to award one controller.
Next announcement in about a week.

midnightmagic.jpg

Regardless of the decision, I just want to thank all those involved in this scholarship. I think this is a really cool thing that you guys are doing, and I really appreciate it. You don't see stuff like this to often anymore, and its really nice and refreshing. Again, thanks to all, and God's blessings to all of you!

Wow, I wish I joined earlier and perused this thread. I am a day late! XD

I want to submit an application, but if it gets denied then I'm ok with that. Rules are rules but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

Anyway, I technically don't have any kids of my own, but I do work for an elementary school. So in a way, I've got about 400 kids :P Last year our school lost our arts and music program and the parents and staff got together to pull off a nice winter program where all the kids sang holiday songs in the auditorium. It was really cute and the kids were wonderful. This year, I wanted to make the program better by setting up holiday lights and synchronizing it to some of the music the kids were going to sing. I've barely started out on LOR so I don't have a complete idea of what I'm doing, but seeing videos of other people's work inspires me every day.

To be honest, half of the reason I want to do this is the geek inside me that wants to play with these fun toys. I've already purchased a 16-channel starter package with the LOR1602W and plan to buy a CCR and CCF when I can afford it. I'm doing this all out of my own pocket, but if the kids can enjoy it then it's all worth it.

If I make the cut for the application process then great! But if not, cheers to the winner and I hope your family enjoys it!

The scholarship winners have been notified.
Were able to cover a PC controller and also a second award of $75 toward a transmitter.

Thank you all.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

The CCFund Newbie scholarship is now closed.
Thank you all for your interest and generosity.
Enough was collected to award one controller.
Next announcement in about a week.

midnightmagic.jpg

I Would like to Thank BOBO and everyone that contributed to the DADA and Family scholarship fund. My family and I are very happy to receive this award. Now I have a lot of work ahead of me. My god a lot of work, But I am ready to do this. I will place a video of my show when i am done. Thanks again everyone. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

spindler88 wrote:

I Would like to Thank BOBO and everyone that contributed to the DADA and Family scholarship fund. My family and I are very happy to receive this award. Now I have a lot of work ahead of me. My god a lot of work, But I am ready to do this. I will place a video of my show when i am done. Thanks again everyone. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

congrats very well deserved. I to would like to thank all involved,no prize but I had a chance thats good for me and my display will go on. I hope this continues next season and so on:D

spindler88 wrote:

Congratulations. Even more so on quitting smoking. I know from experience that its no easy task, but the benefit of health and the cash you'll save are well worth it. Congrats.

Dave Boros wrote:

spindler88 wrote:

Congratulations. Even more so on quitting smoking. I know from experience that its no easy task, but the benefit of health and the cash you'll save are well worth it. Congrats.

Hey, Thanks Dave, Yep it was hard, The cash I am saving is well worth it. Plus I want to see my kids grow up. That is the most important thing.

spindler88 wrote:

Dave Boros wrote:
spindler88 wrote:

Hey, Thanks Dave, Yep it was hard, The cash I am saving is well worth it. Plus I want to see my kids grow up. That is the most important thing.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.

I would also like to thank the LOR and the donors for this wonderful gift. My girls gave me an excited giant hug tonight. I love this place! I also would like to thank all who have answered my dumb questions, and gave me a pass on them. Next year though...

Mark

Dave Boros wrote:

Since it looks like I won't be able to run a show this year, will I still qualify as a newbie next season?

I am curious to know why you would not run a show with the 16 channels you already have this year? Your girls would be just as excited with 16 as they would with 32.:?

Paul Roberson wrote:

Dave Boros wrote:
Since it looks like I won't be able to run a show this year, will I still qualify as a newbie next season?

I am curious to know why you would not run a show with the 16 channels you already have this year? Your girls would be just as excited with 16 as they would with 32.

I set up with 32 planning on getting another controller at the summer sale, but ran into unexpected issues. Also, trying to digress from 32 to 16, and the time to do it.

Dave Boros wrote:

spindler88 wrote:
Dave Boros wrote:
spindler88 wrote:

Congrats on the prize and on quitting smoking. I quit smoking too, it's only been 3 days but I'm glad I have strong will power. I quit cold turkey, no patches, no medications. This is really tough after 35+ years of smoking.

MikeH

MikeH wrote:

Dave Boros wrote:
spindler88 wrote:
Dave Boros wrote:
spindler88 wrote:

Congrats on the prize and on quitting smoking. I quit smoking too, it's only been 3 days but I'm glad I have strong will power. I quit cold turkey, no patches, no medications. This is really tough after 35+ years of smoking.

MikeH

Good job Mike. After the first few days, the addiction/withdrawls are pretty much done. The habit is whats tough. I'll be rootin for ya!

MikeH wrote:

Dave Boros wrote:
spindler88 wrote:
Dave Boros wrote:
spindler88 wrote:

MikeH

Thanks Mike,
Your not kidding it's tough. Every time I craved for a cigarette I would get a toothpick. So now I have a tooth pick in my mouth all the time. I would rather have an addiction sucking on a tooth pick than having a cigarette in my mouth. Good Luck Mike I know you could do it.