Light-O-Rama Forums

For Us East Coast Folks - Irene

Guest Guest

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Arnoldc wrote:
Jim Hans wrote:
Guess I picked a bad weekend to set up and test my mega tree!

Naaaa if it holds up, you can give jim some pointers!

Yeah..cause Seattle gets Hurricanes ALLLL the time!!!!lol

We do get some gusts of winds between 60 and 70mph though...but that usually happens before Thanksgiving...
My thought is if it can handle hurricanes it can handle your engineering faults........:P

Why Arnold...that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me!!

You DO care!!!!
Im here for you buddy!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Arnoldc

• Surfing4Dough

• wmilkie

Dan Ancona wrote:

I set up my Beth star on the roof today to test if it will handle the winter winter wind.

Couldn't you just talk about Wiper Motors in front of it for a few minutes??? :shock:

Part of me wishes the giant tree in my front yard doesn't fall on my house. The other part of me thinks it's removal would improve the viewing experience of show visitors so I'm torn.

just got power back. heres a small part what hit my door, seconds while i was filming a video to show how strong the winds were. which in itself was stupid.

maybe william can show what i sent him seconds before it came down

Attached files 260562=14435-IMG_0482.JPG

Jeff Millard wrote:

Glad you're safe Evan. Things are coming in waves here. Blast of rain and wind then calm. We've got a ways to go though. I'm just waiting for the phone call cancelling the report to work order for tomorrow....:cool:

Jeff

Jeff, your boss told me to tell you, Don't go to work tomorrow,

Hope you guys are all ok: from the news and your descriptions/photos, looks pretty bad!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Was just watching the news coverage of a tornado warning for our county. There are tornados touching down all over the place and ABC is trying to keep up with the reports as they come in. Just as they started to talk about my sister-in-law's area an EBS alert came up. The audio is unreadable and lasts for about 3 minutes. Nothing but static and noise. Then it goes back to the news and they break for a commercial. Then they come back and start talking about touchdown reports in my area and the EBS comes up again. Just as it ends ABC breaks for another commercial. I tried to contact Comcast to see if they could try to pull their heads out, but I don't think they could hear me in their condition. So, I sent a breaking news alert to ABC and asked them if they could monitor the EBS and play the commercial during the crackling audio. Besides, it was for Geico... after they fired Gilbert Gottfried I changed to State Farm... and the other was for GMC trucks... I drive one of them at work... that's enough for me to know that as long as I'm on this earth I'll never, ever own a GM product. But, judging from the crackling static that just came up on the TV just as Mayor Nutter began talking about power outages... my emails and posts are falling on deaf ears (or ears that are in a dark smelly wet place)

Jeff

We'll be praying for you guys!

hope that everyone is ok.

better to be prepared and not need it, than to wait and see if the storm shows up, having seen what can happen in 2004, with the 4 storms thru florida.