Light-O-Rama Forums

Anybody know how this was achieved?

marsh28

Here is the show I saw in person ,with the "roof bounce". Watch Amazing Grace for it. They also have a mega tree built with sleeves (I think) , VERY cool. Enjoy. www.kevinkolak.com

Jerry

Cool, I didn't know he had a website. I discovered him last year accidentally while driving from my veterinarian in Loysville, over to Newport to visit my ex step-dad before I went back home to Gettysburg. I didn't stay long because I didn't want to pull into his yard and there wasn't enough room that I felt comfortable with on the shoulder. Growing up in Perry County, I know how they drive up there, lol. They don't stop after they clip you. The driver's ed teach said stopping was optional.

I did the bounce my second year (2010) purely by accident. I used C9 and had a string of red, a string of white, and a string of green.

My first year (2009) getting all three color strands across my roof took a million clips and was incredibly time consuming as I had to run all three colors at once. Taking them down was like an avalanche... once the weight built up... off they came. Lost a lot of bulbs, but oh well.

In 2010 I decided to experiment with different clips. So one color was mounted a few inches above roof line with some clips I found at Lowes (haven't seen those kind of clips since - they were sort of "L" shaped with the foot of the "L" sliding under shingles clipping on gutter) The second color I ran with regular clips right at roof line. The third color I hung off the roof line color using zip ties.

The bounce effect was an unexpected kinda cool factor. I don't thang them that way anymore, but still cool.