Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Picozzi

• Dan Ancona

• George Simmons

• jimswinder

Jeff Millard wrote:

Frank Picozzi wrote:
Ferris borrowed his friend's father's Ferrarri

Hey, sue me, right actor, wrong movie...

Jeff

Cripes Jeff, don't have a heart attack

Jeff Millard wrote:

Frank Picozzi wrote:
I give up, what in the blazes does that have to do with anything?

It's quite obvious he's blaming his parents for the computer skills that have placed him in the predicament he's in. By claiming he wanted the car, and if he'd gotten the car he might not have set off a chain reaction software program that is about to end the world with a nuclear holocost... he shifts blame to his parents. Was the writer trying to say the subject felt the need to meet his maker with little or no guilt? Sorry, I think I just answered Frank's question... with an answer and a question.

Thank God for TicTacToe huh?

Jeff

Wow, was that insightful, or what???

Jeff, you da' man!

Orville wrote:

This is all I'm going to post and go back to lurk mode.

Mitral valve prolapse is a common condition seen in a significant proportion of the pediatric and adult populations. Most folks who have it have no clue, as they have no symptoms, or if they do get occasional sympotms they attribute these symptoms (dizziness, palpitations, or atypical chest pain) due to other things (ie the coffeee they just drank).

It is not associated with heart attacks, nor is it associated with a reduced lifespan.

Endocarditis prophylaxis recommendations have been cut back over the years, and now only include a single dose of antibitotics just prior to a procedure. Given the frequency of PMV, and infrequency of endocarditis, even this single dose recommendation is being disputed by some.

For folks interested in learning more: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mitral-valve-prolapse/DS00504

Orville wrote:

OMG Really?????

now bck to our regularly scheduled posting...

Greg Young wrote:

Orville wrote:

Mitral valve prolapse is a common condition seen in a significant proportion of the pediatric and adult populations. Most folks who have it have no clue, as they have no symptoms, or if they do get occasional sympotms they attribute these symptoms (dizziness, palpitations, or atypical chest pain) due to other things (ie the coffeee they just drank).

It is not associated with heart attacks, nor is it associated with a reduced lifespan.

Endocarditis prophylaxis recommendations have been cut back over the years, and now only include a single dose of antibitotics just prior to a procedure. Given the frequency of PMV, and infrequency of endocarditis, even this single dose recommendation is being disputed by some.

For folks interested in learning more: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mitral-valve-prolapse/DS00504

I'm getting my popcorn ready...beating the rush...:D

To your point, my 80 year old mom has MVP, and while it has its own set of concerns, her caridologist has told her similar..it won't directly cause heart attacks...the 3 stents, due to clogged arteries, on the other hand, those she needs to worry about...

So since none of us are doctors here, (far as I know...), I'm sure this debate will go nowhere fast..

But..it should still be entertaining..both for lurkers, and non-lurkers...:D:D

Attached files 250088=13572-popcorn.jpg

Hey Don,

Make the popcorn and come on over! We'll watch this thread on the big screen with a beverage! My daughter works for a doctor, lets invite them too!!

Disclaimer: Don't listen to me, I play with Christmas lights ALL YEAR LONG.!

Greg Young wrote:

Orville wrote:

LURK MODE OFF:

I DO HAVE OTHER ISSUES WITH THE HEART. That was only to show one aspect of it. Heart attacks and heart problems DO run in my family and I don't find them one damn bit funny. Not after having many relatives die of them. They ARE NOT a laughing matter PERIOD!

LURK MODE ON!

Orville wrote:

Greg Young wrote:
Orville wrote:

LURK MODE OFF:

I DO HAVE OTHER ISSUES WITH THE HEART. That was only to show one aspect of it. Heart attacks and heart problems DO run in my family and I don't find them one damn bit funny. Not after having many relatives die of them. They ARE NOT a laughing matter PERIOD!

LURK MODE ON!

I sometimes get constipated for days after eating pork and I do not find that one bit funny either!!

Frank Picozzi wrote:

I sometimes get constipated for days after eating pork and I do not find that one bit funny either!!

I had a dozen quick replies flash through my head but so far I've been able to resist... please - someone come along and take the pressure off...

George Simmons wrote:

Frank Picozzi wrote:

I had a dozen quick replies flash through my head but so far I've been able to resist... please - someone come along and take the pressure off...

Now you're constipating yourself voluntarily, just let it out, the pressure will be off and you'll feel better.

Jeff Millard wrote:

I have that same problem when I take Doctor prescribed pain killers. Sorry, it's pretty funny while I'm taking them...

Jeff

OK. So what happens when you take non-prescribed pain killers? :shock:

Orville wrote:

Heart attacks and heart problems DO run in my family and I don't find them one damn bit funny. Not after having many relatives die of them. They ARE NOT a laughing matter PERIOD!

I'm not much into the poor-me routine, but if you wanna talk credentials, my dad and six of his sibs along with my mom and her 2 sibs all died of heart disease. I've survived three MCIs - one of which was a widow-maker, I've been to the cardiac cath lab three times, and am currently being treated for moderate-to-severe heart failure. I think that pretty much covers my ante at this table.

Funny is funny. Period. Sometimes the joke is on me, other times it's on someone else. I don't see much difference between constipation, cancer, heart disease or auto sequencers. The central crux of the matter, Orv, comes down to whether or not a person can laugh at themselves. You apparently cannot and that's too bad. Unfortunately for you, there's a whole lot of other people here, including me, who CAN laugh at themselves, and that in and of itself allows us to laugh at others also. You should try it sometime. It might change your entire outlook on life.