Light-O-Rama Forums

Mid-Season Blues

Guest Guest

George Simmons wrote:

Orville wrote:
Heart attacks and heart problems DO run in my family and I don't find them one damn bit funny. Not after having many relatives die of them. They ARE NOT a laughing matter PERIOD!

I'm not much into the poor-me routine, but if you wanna talk credentials, my dad and six sibs along with my mom and her 2 sibs all died of heart disease. I've survived three MCIs - one of which was a widow-maker, I've been to the cardiac cath lab three times, and am currently being treated for moderate-to-severe heart failure. I think that pretty much covers my ante at this table.

Funny is funny. Period. Sometimes the joke is on me, other times it's on someone else. I don't see much difference between constipation, cancer, heart disease or auto sequencers. The central crux of the matter, Orv, comes down to whether or not a person can laugh at themselves. You apparently cannot and that's too bad. Unfortunately for you, there's a whole lot of other people here, including me, who CAN laugh at themselves. You should try it sometime. It might change your entire outlook on life.

Very well said George

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Picozzi

• Dan Ancona

• George Simmons

• jimswinder

Jeff Millard wrote:

Frank Picozzi wrote:
Very well said George

It's just sad he has to say it...

Jeff

Yes it is. And we normally frown upon eloquence around here too.

t purser wrote:

id respond to that if i knew what it ment

Don't be shy - Frank probably doesn't know either.

George Simmons wrote:

Orville wrote:
Heart attacks and heart problems DO run in my family and I don't find them one damn bit funny.  Not after having many relatives die of them.  They ARE NOT a laughing matter PERIOD!

I'm not much into the poor-me routine, but if you wanna talk credentials, my dad and six sibs along with my mom and her 2 sibs all died of heart disease.  I've survived three MCIs - one of which was a widow-maker, I've been to the cardiac cath lab three times, and am currently being treated for moderate-to-severe heart failure. I think that pretty much covers my ante at this table. 

Funny is funny.  Period.  Sometimes the joke is on me, other times it's on someone else.  I don't see much difference between constipation, cancer, heart disease or auto sequencers.  The central crux of the matter, Orv, comes down to whether or not a person can laugh at themselves.  You apparently cannot and that's too bad.  Unfortunately for you, there's a whole lot of other people here, including me, who CAN laugh at themselves, and that in and of itself allows us to laugh at others also.   You should try it sometime.  It might change your entire outlook on life.

good thing this blinkin Christmas light hobby thing and sequencing are so relaxing!

That is a useful DOOM Cheat Code. Smashing Pumpkins Into Small Piles Of Putrid Debris. I used to spend hours a day wasting time playing DOOM. Now I spend hours a day being productive with LOR :P:)

George Simmons wrote:

Orville wrote:
Heart attacks and heart problems DO run in my family and I don't find them one damn bit funny. Not after having many relatives die of them. They ARE NOT a laughing matter PERIOD!

I'm not much into the poor-me routine, but if you wanna talk credentials, my dad and six of his sibs along with my mom and her 2 sibs all died of heart disease. I've survived three MCIs - one of which was a widow-maker, I've been to the cardiac cath lab three times, and am currently being treated for moderate-to-severe heart failure. I think that pretty much covers my ante at this table.

Funny is funny. Period. Sometimes the joke is on me, other times it's on someone else. I don't see much difference between constipation, cancer, heart disease or auto sequencers. The central crux of the matter, Orv, comes down to whether or not a person can laugh at themselves. You apparently cannot and that's too bad. Unfortunately for you, there's a whole lot of other people here, including me, who CAN laugh at themselves, and that in and of itself allows us to laugh at others also. You should try it sometime. It might change your entire outlook on life.

If one cannot laugh at themselves, or stand to be laughed at once in awhile, then this forum may not be the best place to be, whether in lurk mode, or full-blown participate mode.

When one keeps coming back, and then cries foul, its tough to have any sympathy...

(off topic)
I didn't realize one could claim they we're "lurking" by simply turning off the "lurk mode" every time they feel they want to post. Fascinating!
(/off topic)

For the record, Clay, I'm not saying you should go away. I'm just saying that if you say you're going to go away, but keep posting, it makes you look rather silly.

Tim Fischer wrote:

(off topic)
I didn't realize one could claim they we're "lurking" by simply turning off the "lurk mode" every time they feel they want to post. Fascinating!
(/off topic)

And I didn't realize there WAS enough of a topic here for you to be concerned with being "off"...

George Simmons wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:
(off topic)
(/off topic)

And I didn't realize there WAS enough of a topic here for you to be concerned with being "off"...

Good point. But it wouldn't be the first time I was considered "a little off" :P

George Simmons wrote:

Orville wrote:
I'm not much into the poor-me routine, but if you wanna talk credentials, my dad and six of his sibs along with my mom and her 2 sibs all died of heart disease.  I've survived three MCIs - one of which was a widow-maker, I've been to the cardiac cath lab three times, and am currently being treated for moderate-to-severe heart failure. I think that pretty much covers my ante at this table. 

I survived flying through MCI a few times myself.

ChuckHutchings wrote:

By "flying through MCI" I presume you're referring to the microwave transmission beams from the towers of the telephone company formerly known by that name. Yeah, those were a real b*tch back in the day. You fly through one of those or fly too close to a tower and it would really pop your kernals. In some of the western states it was so bad that birds would basically get cooked in flight and drop right out of the sky. (Although when you think about it, where else would they drop from.) Glad you survived the experience and lived to author the first auto sequence effort.

George Simmons wrote:

ChuckHutchings wrote:

By "flying through MCI" I presume you're referring to the microwave transmission beams from the towers of the telephone company formerly known by that name. Yeah, those were a real b*tch back in the day. You fly through one of those or fly too close to a tower and it would really pop your kernals. In some of the western states it was so bad that birds would basically get cooked in flight and drop right out of the sky. (Although when you think about it, where else would they drop from.) Glad you survived the experience and lived to author the first auto sequence effort.

George you think that's bad, try standing in the beam between these puppies:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/wec.shtml

George Simmons wrote:

By "flying through MCI" I presume you're referring to the microwave transmission beams from the towers of the telephone company formerly known by that name.

Uh...no.

MCI is Kansas City.

Can I be Frank with you guy's? :)

If you can't make fun of yourself, make fun of other people:)

Jeff Millard wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Disclaimer: Don't listen to me, I play with Christmas lights ALL YEAR LONG.!

Pete, I would like to borrow this line to use as my new signature. Do you mind?

Jeff

According to my wife I do not mind, and I'm sometimes out of my mind, and even don't have one every now and then, but anyway, yes you can or were you being your sig??

Cray Augsburg wrote:

OK. So what happens when you take non-prescribed pain killers? :shock:

Everything I take is by doctor's prescription. Finding the right doctor can be difficult.

(OK everybody, name the TV show)