• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• wallleyes

• Melvin Stoddard

• David Rise

CKSedg, when I talked to fedex they said Salt Lake was the place in the US where they send all thier mislabeled or unlabeled boxes. I was lucky because it was the only box that had christmas lights in it. I will bet in 3 or 4 months you can run down there and get a bunch.

Melvin Stoddard wrote:

CKSedg, when I talked to fedex they said Salt Lake was the place in the US where they send all thier mislabeled or unlabeled boxes. I was lucky because it was the only box that had christmas lights in it. I will bet in 3 or 4 months you can run down there and get a bunch.

Can't wait! I'll be looking, since I work right next to the Salt Lake FedEx facility!:cool:

I drove up to my house last night after work and what a wonderous sight I beheld.

3 Boxes from Magic in the Sky!!!!

My order finally arrived.

Last night I had a fun session cutting the bags open and do a quick plug in test. All my strings work, I had all the right numbers and colors. Very happy now.

Two more comments:

1. Over on PC some guys are thinking their warm white aren't right. I only ordered Pure White but I did notice a slight Quality Control issue with my Pure White lights. About 1 out of 5 strings had 1 to 3 warm white bulbs mixed in with the pure whites. Now this does not bother me in the least since I challenge any one out at the street to notice 1 bulb out of 70 is slightly off color.

2. I would likely order from MITS again but they really need some web page or other method of keeping the customers updated as to status. It was a long wait from when I heard orders were shipping to the time I got mine with no communication from MITS after their email asking for my final payment. I did the 60% order pay method. Thankfully walleyes had posted the PC forum thread which helped me stay patient the last month or so.

Ed P wrote:

1. About 1 out of 5 strings had 1 to 3 warm white bulbs mixed in with the pure whites. Now this does not bother me in the least since I challenge any one out at the street to notice 1 bulb out of 70 is slightly off color.

Did you let Ryan know??

As a vendor, I would want to know if the product I ordered did not arrive correctly, even if you are satisfied and have no intention of sending them back.

Ed P wrote:

I drove up to my house last night after work and what a wonderous sight I beheld.

3 Boxes from Magic in the Sky!!!!

My order finally arrived.

Last night I had a fun session cutting the bags open and do a quick plug in test. All my strings work, I had all the right numbers and colors. Very happy now.

Two more comments:

1. Over on PC some guys are thinking their warm white aren't right. I only ordered Pure White but I did notice a slight Quality Control issue with my Pure White lights. About 1 out of 5 strings had 1 to 3 warm white bulbs mixed in with the pure whites. Now this does not bother me in the least since I challenge any one out at the street to notice 1 bulb out of 70 is slightly off color.

2. I would likely order from MITS again but they really need some web page or other method of keeping the customers updated as to status. It was a long wait from when I heard orders were shipping to the time I got mine with no communication from MITS after their email asking for my final payment. I did the 60% order pay method. Thankfully walleyes had posted the PC forum thread which helped me stay patient the last month or so.

Agreed. My biggest frustration was no communication from them. I always had to keep asking about a status. But, they were always quick to respond to my emails.

After a few emails and even a phone call, they found my three boxes, sitting patiently in the San Antonio FedEx building.

Now, they are with me. FedEx moved them in the right direction. :P

I received my light three week on 7/21. I put my flag together last weekend and have two string that do not work. I emailed Ryan on Monday and have not received a response.

jimswinder wrote:

Ed P wrote:

1. About 1 out of 5 strings had 1 to 3 warm white bulbs mixed in with the pure whites. Now this does not bother me in the least since I challenge any one out at the street to notice 1 bulb out of 70 is slightly off color.

Did you let Ryan know??

As a vendor, I would want to know if the product I ordered did not arrive correctly, even if you are satisfied and have no intention of sending them back.

Jim I sent an email as per your suggestion but remember when I sent an email over a month ago I never received a response so I don't know if I will get a reply.

I tried to take a photo but I can figure out how to get my digital camer to focus on the bright lights, no manual focus ability.

Oh boy I just received a google check payment from mits for 50.79.I am not happy. They orginally sent me a estimate of $28. Well the label came off one of my two boxes and up in Salt Lake City when Fedx found it they shipped it to me. So they want me to pay for the trip to Utah and back, I think not!Plus that I pay 100% up front and was suppose to get 5% discount. Guess that is not going to happen. I did send mits a nice little e-mail. i am waiting for a answer.

There is some phone numbers on your box of lights.One of them is Ryans cell number.Just call him and he will straighten it out with you.But be prepaired to be on the phone awhile cause Ryan is a talker.I just talked to Ryan yesturday.Can you imagine how long it would take a person to haul to fedex 3,600 boxes of lights in a pickup truck.If you cant find his cell number on your box just pm me and i will give it to you there.

Would someone please post the phone number? On PC forums Ryan posted that all US orders have been shipped, but I haven't heard a word about my order. I have tried to email him at ryan@magicinthesky.com but have not gotten a response.

Thanks for your help

Melvin Stoddard wrote:

Oh boy I just received a google check payment from mits for 50.79.I am not happy. They orginally sent me a estimate of $28. Well the label came off one of my two boxes and up in Salt Lake City when Fedx found it they shipped it to me. So they want me to pay for the trip to Utah and back, I think not!Plus that I pay 100% up front and was suppose to get 5% discount. Guess that is not going to happen. I did send mits a nice little e-mail. i am waiting for a answer.

Same here. I got two e-mails from them about the tax error and discounting. The two e-mails from them on tax error and 5% discount came to more them my shipping. I have sent them an e-mail about this THREE TIMES! that my tax error and discount where to go to shipping, but I keep getting a request for payment of the shipping costs. Heck of a way to run a railroad!

Tom Straub

My problem with the shipping invoice I got from them was that they tried to add the extra shipping because they sent the wrong stuff TWICE, so had to send it separately.

But I have emailed Ryan, and have heard back from him and he has said they will correct the invoice...

But it had been been about a month...

Then got another invoice from MITS the other day and this invoice was for even MORE money...

Emailed Ryan again and heard back from him within the hour saying don't pay it, it was computer generated and they would get the correct invoice to me...

SO..I guess if he wants his money, he will send out a correct invoice.

Well I THINK everything is straighten out. I recevied another goolge check out payment from them. I am satifed with the amount they took off my discount and charge me just for the shipping to here, so I am not going to complain any more {maybe}.

wallleyes wrote:

Can you imagine how long it would take a person to haul to fedex 3,600 boxes of lights in a pickup truck.

Perhaps FedEx gives them a good shipping rate but UPS will come to them and pickup a huge load in their own trucks. Perhaps FedEx will also, but I know UPS will.

JonB256 wrote:

wallleyes wrote:
Can you imagine how long it would take a person to haul to fedex 3,600 boxes of lights in a pickup truck.

Perhaps FedEx gives them a good shipping rate but UPS will come to them and pickup a huge load in their own trucks. Perhaps FedEx will also, but I know UPS will.

That surprise me also. They spent alot of time and money hauling to FedEx.

wallleyes wrote:

TCan you imagine how long it would take a person to haul to fedex 3,600 boxes of lights in a pickup truck.

At least three months.

JonB256 wrote:

wallleyes wrote:
Can you imagine how long it would take a person to haul to fedex 3,600 boxes of lights in a pickup truck.

UPS will send a trailer or a brown truck but you'd have to have everything ready to go at one time. My guess based on Ryan's posts is they packaged up orders one at a time filled their truck and then went to Fedex.

I think they likely did the best they could based on their limited manpower.

This was their first time, we all learned lessons here. One is if you want faster service and delivery well you have to go with a bigger vendor.

I got my lights so at the moment I am happy, my order has worked out.