Light-O-Rama Forums

I finally will have time to work on some stuff.

Dan C

This isn't really lighting related, but I figured I show off what I've been working on for the past 6 years. I started with bare concrete walls, no framing or furring, one electrical outlet and a bunch of pull chain lights. No insulation at all. I started this project before my son was born. One week ago, I had carpet installed to officially consider it done!

Come to think of it, I did install a 6 channel Lutron Grafik Eye. So in a way it is lighting control related...
(I must be a lighting control freak).

Now that I done spending money and time on my basement, I'll have more time for building/sequencing.

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• shfr26

• Surfing4Dough

• Dan C

This is in your basement?!?!?! AMAZING work!!! That is absolutely GORGEOUS! From the accent lighting to the arched recesses... TOP NOTCH!!! GREAT JOB you should be very proud!!!

You said you are done spending money? You forgot the huge flat panel TV and furniture!

Looks awesome Dan- I'm jealous.

Looks like a great place to store all your lights, controllers, extension cords, inflatables, wire frames, etc., though it probably wasn't necessary to make it that nice for just that--you must really love this hobby and prize your display items to provide such a nice storage area for them. If you are lucky, you might have a small corner left where you could put a computer desk where you could do some sequencing.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Looks like a great place to store all your lights, controllers, extension cords, inflatables, wire frames, etc., though it probably wasn't necessary to make it that nice for just that--you must really love this hobby and prize your display items to provide such a nice storage area for them. If you are lucky, you might have a small corner left where you could put a computer desk where you could do some sequencing.

I think maybe he was thinking along the lines of a display gallery. He can take pictures and proudly display them here, along with the controllers and a few items from the actual display.

He's probably got a secret button that flips those arches around to reveal the in home theater hiding behind them.....LOL

Guest Don Gillespie

Dan you did a great job the only thing I could see wrong with the whole project was the bar area, I didn't see a single bottle of Crown Royal on the counter and I didn't see the hours of operation. LOL :) very impresive work nice job now get sequencing

Wow, I wasn't expecting that big of a response. Thanks for all the really nice comments guys!

OH, by the way, Don, your more than welcome to send me a bottle of Crown to start stocking my bar!

Wow..you do have an eye for detail...and I bet that shows in your display and sequencing as well!!!!

Don Gillespie wrote:

Dan you did a great job the only thing I could see wrong with the whole project was the bar area, I didn't see a single bottle of Crown Royal on the counter and I didn't see the hours of operation. LOL :P very impresive work nice job now get sequencing

Hey Don, Did you miss the clock?? "It's five o'clock somewhere" and all 5's on the clock.

Guest Don Gillespie

Dan C wrote:

Wow, I wasn't expecting that big of a response. Thanks for all the really nice comments guys!

OH, by the way, Don, your more than welcome to send me a bottle of Crown to start stocking my bar!

Well with work like this you couldn't have asked for a better response thats what I do for a living so when I see a nice job I like to let the person who did the work know they did a great job oh I just picked a bottle of crown to send your way couldn't resist drank it on the way back to the post office sorry LOL :P

Very nice work. Hope my wife does not see your basement pictures. She will want someone to start working on ours.

Wow, wow, wow. That is probably the nicest basement I have every seen. I almost singlehandedly built and remodeled my whole house, so I know what it takes. You should be very pleased. Thanks for sharing!

Really nice-looking basement. Man, with all the arches, it kinda reminds me of what I envision from, say, Arabia. All you need is the alcohol and a harem . . .

Wait, that requires sheik-level access.

Seriously, though, nice work, Dan!

Very Nice!. Sorry I'm not showing my wife these pictures, I would never hear the end of it! and it only took 6 years? You should be a contractor, you just have to slow down a little...:D

Guest Don Gillespie

rstately wrote:

Very Nice!. Sorry I'm not showing my wife these pictures, I would never hear the end of it! and it only took 6 years? You should be a contractor, you just have to slow down a little...:P

ROFLMAO now thats funny I won't even show this to my guys at the office they would take me up on it litterally :P