Light-O-Rama Forums

Auto Sequence in S3

LightORamaDan

Hi,

There were a few topics about a S3 demo of auto sequencing. They were a joke and have been removed as to prevent confusion and cut down on the number of emails and PM we are receiving on the topic.

Truth is that there will be auto sequencing in S3. It will be part of the Super Star Editor that is part of that release. Although that editor is primarly focused on CCRs at this time it will be expanded to include all types of display items.

We have 4 programmers working on it full time and look to have it release soon.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Greg Young

• vipzach

• LightsonBeasley

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Hi,

There were a few topics about a S3 demo of auto sequencing. They were a joke and have been removed as to prevent confusion and cut down on the number of emails and PM we are receiving on the topic.

Dan, even though it has made your last couple of days hectic, in the end, mission accomplished.

Just another example of creating buzz about something that's projected to be released in the near future.

If you were to pay me on PR, I would be a millionaire. If it's based on truthfulness, then I would be unemployed. :P

Next year, let me a fly on the wall before logging on to read all comments, pm's, and emails.

Now... it's time to drum up something else.:(

Keith Adams wrote:

Now if only I could beg/bribe Dan into including pixelnet protocol.

Are you planning to host a gathering in your area sometime?

think most folks realize by now that's how certain features might just get added(hint, hint) :P:(

Mountainwxman wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
Hi,

Dan, even though it has made your last couple of days hectic, in the end, mission accomplished.

Just another example of creating buzz about something that's projected to be released in the near future.

If you were to pay me on PR, I would be a millionaire. If it's based on truthfulness, then I would be unemployed. :P

Next year, let me a fly on the wall before logging on to read all comments, pm's, and emails.

Now... it's time to drum up something else.:P

As a very positive result of your prank William, just take a look at the bottom of the general forum screen to see all of the folks that have logged in since yesterday, even with all of the threads now gone. That's not even mentioning the huge # of views that the original thread engendered.

I would say you really stirred up renewed interest in S3! The vast majority of folks took it the way it was intended, as having some fun that was not directed to any individual or group, but rather directed to everyone in general (except of course those at EPIC who were involved in your deception).

BTW folks, there really was a Christmas flood demonstrated, using STAR LEDs. It was not the same one that the LOR model has evolved into (this one had the original 3 STARS, not 5), but it was Craig's design, and yes it was BRIGJHT!

That is no joke!

Guest wbottomley

Greg Young wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:
Hi,

As a very positive result of your prank William, just take a look at the bottom of the general forum screen to see all of the folks that have logged in since yesterday, even with all of the threads now gone. That's not even mentioning the huge # of views that the original thread engendered.

I would say you really stirred up renewed interest in S3! The vast majority of folks took it the way it was intended, as having some fun that was not directed to any individual or group, but rather directed to everyone in general (except of course those at EPIC who were involved in your deception).

BTW folks, there really was a Christmas flood demonstrated, using STAR LEDs. It was not the same one that the LOR model has evolved into (this one had the original 3 STARS, not 5), but it was Craig's design, and yes it was BRIGJHT!

That is no joke!

Mission Accomplished. :D

Did I hear S3-HD was being debut at ICE? Time to book another flight. Can't wait to see that one.:P

Mountainwxman wrote:

Greg Young wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:
Hi,

If you were to pay me on PR, I would be a millionaire. If it's based on truthfulness, then I would be unemployed. :)

I would say you really stirred up renewed interest in S3! The vast majority of folks took it the way it was intended, as having some fun that was not directed to any individual or group, but rather directed to everyone in general (except of course those at EPIC who were involved in your deception).

That is no joke!

Mission Accomplished. :D

Did I hear S3-HD was being debut at ICE? Time to book another flight. Can't wait to see that one.:P

Since you are not offering help here William, let me read between the lines :P

Judging by the log ins this day I would say that a lot of people seem to want this auto sequencing and/ or at least a renewed interest in S3.

That gag did cause Dan some on needed thrash though.

Nevertheless the joke turn into a blessing and even though it was a joke it has become true......there will be auto sequencing coming in the near future.

Dan keeps us all locked up in our respective areas. We thank him every time he remembers to slide a crust of bread and some water under the door. Dan is good.

One day a few months ago he opened the steel shutters over the windows to let us see outside for 5 minutes. We partied just like the Ewoks at the end of Jedi! Mary must have heard us celebrating and got mad, because she burst into the room and hit each of us with a 2x4 over the head. I woke up the next day chained to my chair. She's right, we deserved it - but it was SOOO worth it because we got to see the sun again.

We're pretty sure that someone on the outside knows about us. Every once-in-a-while I find an extra bread crust. I think I heard Bob scream that he found an apple core yesterday. I'm hoping that I'll find a banana skin on my desk soon! I asked Santa last year for a whole banana, but that's just being greedy.

Note to the humor impaired: This is obviously a joke - The Baldwins are not like this at all. Case in point; Mary didn't use 2x4 to calm us down, she used a Taser.

DevMike wrote:

Dan keeps us all locked up in our respective areas. We thank him every time he remembers to slide a crust of bread and some water under the door. Dan is good.

One day a few months ago he opened the steel shutters over the windows to let us see outside for 5 minutes. We partied just like the Ewoks at the end of Jedi! Mary must have heard us celebrating and got mad, because she burst into the room and hit each of us with a 2x4 over the head. I woke up the next day chained to my chair. She's right, we deserved it - but it was SOOO worth it because we got to see the sun again.

We're pretty sure that someone on the outside knows about us. Every once-in-a-while I find an extra bread crust. I think I heard Bob scream that he found an apple core yesterday. I'm hoping that I'll find a banana skin on my desk soon! I asked Santa last year for a whole banana, but that's just being greedy.

Note to the humor impaired: This is obviously a joke - The Baldwins are not like this at all. Case in point; Mary didn't use 2x4 to calm us down, she used a Taser.

Without humor, where would we be in life?? I really hate it for the humor impaired because there are a lot of funny people on this board lol :)

DevMike wrote:

I'm assuming every time the taser fires you hear a voice that says 'finish the damned auto-sequencer NOW!"...

LightORamaDan wrote:

Truth is that there will be auto sequencing in S3. It will be part of the Super Star Editor that is part of that release. Although that editor is primarly focused on CCRs at this time it will be expanded to include all types of display items. .

I hope even though you say "that editor is primarily focused on CCRs at this time", that it will also do CCB's just as well?!?!?!

And I hope S3 won't be held up for the Auto Sequencer part of it... :)

Guest wbottomley

DevMike wrote:

I almost had a heart attack before I read it was a joke. :P

jimswinder wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
Truth is that there will be auto sequencing in S3. It will be part of the Super Star Editor that is part of that release. Although that editor is primarly focused on CCRs at this time it will be expanded to include all types of display items. .

I hope even though you say "that editor is primarily focused on CCRs at this time", that it will also do CCB's just as well?!?!?!

And I hope S3 won't be held up for the Auto Sequencer part of it... :P

It probably won't, as long as Mike gets off the forums and gets back to work! :shock: :P

LightsonBeasley wrote:

DevMike wrote:

Without humor, where would we be in life?? I really hate it for the humor impaired because there are a lot of funny people on this board lol :P

Ask any professional - humor is the best form of medicine!

Mountainwxman wrote:

I almost had a heart attack before I read it was a joke. :D

Wait...let me figure this one out, you are not helping anybody here that ask a question, so you must be making another joke... :D Must be slow down south, no tornado's this week for you to chase.

Guest wbottomley

Jeff Millard wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
I almost had a heart attack before I read it was a joke. :D

Well played William! You are the master!:cool:

Jeff

No problem.

I'm glad I can provide a great quality service at no cost to viewers. :D