• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Picozzi

• Brian Mitchell

• Greg Young

• George Simmons

Well Dang,

When I woke up Friday AM I was in New Jersey.

Was still there Sat and Sun mornings also.

Well this morning I woke up back in Tennessee, whew!

Was this past weekend just a nightmare?

JBullard wrote:

It was if you were looking for a REAL auto sequencer...

George Simmons wrote:

JBullard wrote:

It was if you were looking for a REAL auto sequencer...

Apparently there IS going to be a real auto sequencer. And when it's released, I think it will be a very sad day for this hobby.

Frank, I couldn't agree more. Right now we're unique, each one of us. (Some, like Chuck H are even special.) But when the auto sequencer hits the market we'll all be reduced to just being ordinary. If that's what Dan B sees as LOR's future, then why doesn't he just purchase one of the Mr. Christmas manufacturers and be done with it?

George Simmons wrote:

Frank, I couldn't agree more. Right now we're unique, each one of us. (Some, like Chuck H are even special.) But when the auto sequencer hits the market we'll all be reduced to just being ordinary. If that's what Dan B sees as LOR's future, then why doesn't he just purchase one of the Mr. Christmas manufacturers and be done with it?

I have to agree with you. If the computer does all of the thinking then none of this will be original.

George Simmons wrote:

First George, I guess calling Chuck "special" is politically correct :). Second, we'll still be unique - those of us that care to put the time in and create. If there are 4 programers working on an auto sequencer, doesn't that mean that there is a very real possibility that those four people are essentially doing all the sequencing for possibly hundreds of displays?

Guest wbottomley

Frank Picozzi wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Frank, I couldn't agree more.  Right now we're unique, each one of us.  (Some, like Chuck H are even special.)  But when the auto sequencer hits the market we'll all be reduced to just being ordinary.  If that's what Dan B sees as LOR's future, then why doesn't he just purchase one of the Mr. Christmas manufacturers and be done with it?  

First George, I guess calling Chuck "special" is politically correct :). Second, we'll still be unique - those of us that care to put the time in and create. If there are 4 programers working on an auto sequencer, doesn't that mean that there is a very real possibility that those four people are essentially doing all the sequencing for possibly hundreds of displays?

hahahahahahha.

Now that's a way to think about it.

George/Frank,

Consider the tools that we have today. Think about some of the features that are in the LOR software that many people don't seem to know about. (Foreground and Background effects, just to name a few.)

Just because an "auto sequence" feature is there doesn't mean people will read all of the instructions, nor fully understand them heck. (Heck, there are times that I forget a feature is there.)

In my very limited exposure to the Super Star software, the auto-sequencing still required you to configure things. From what I saw, you still had to come up with the designs, and decide what you want to do.

No computer can auto-sequence to perfection. Human information will be required. A computer can't read your mind and know exactly what you want to do. You'll still have to tell it what to do.

All opinions are my own.

I somehow doubt the computer can capture the emotions and subtleties of a song the way a good sequencer can.

JBullard wrote:

Well Dang,

When I woke up Friday AM I was in New Jersey.

Was still there Sat and Sun mornings also.

Well this morning I woke up back in Tennessee, whew!

Well dang, I woke up Friday a met some wonderful people

Sat, there was even more wonderful people I was meeting

Sun, was sad, all those wacky wonderful people left :)

No way was it a nightmare...more like a ____ dream!

Brian and don make good points. I agree that a computer will never be able to create. What my fear is that any type of auto sequencer will be used by many as a shortcut. The worse thing about this is that any type of sequence made completely from a computer program is going to be horrible. I'm afraid that people will go and watch these type of displays and not be too immpressed, and then wouldn't bother to go and look at a display like George's - or many others- because they'd just figure that it's the same.

Frank Picozzi wrote:

Brian and don make good points. I agree that a computer will never be able to create. What my fear is that any type of auto sequencer will be used by many as a shortcut. The worse thing about this is that any type of sequence made completely from a computer program is going to be horrible. I'm afraid that people will go and watch these type of displays and not be too immpressed, and then wouldn't bother to go and look at a display like George's - or many others- because they'd just figure that it's the same.

That's why they need to buy a mr. christmas.

Mountainwxman wrote:

Here's an example of what it can do:

Who woulda thought that video would go viral! But that is a great example of auto sequencing!