Light-O-Rama Forums

Epic Contest Challege

cenote

Wanted to let you know, that contest submissions will now be accepted till this Saturday night, June 4th, till 10:00 pm EST. Please email me your sequences to: charlesnote@comcast.net
If any problems, please let me know. I will not be able to accept any after Saturday night, being I need time to compile onto a central laptop and make sure they all work with the channels given.

There also should be a link on http://www.epicchristmasgathering.com/ soon

Good Luck.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan Ancona

• jimswinder

• cenote

• Frank Picozzi

cenote wrote:

Wanted to let you know, that contest submissions will now be accepted till this Saturday night, June 4th, till 10:00 pm EST. Please email me your sequences to: charlesnote@comcast.net
If any problems, please let me know. I will not be able to accept any after Saturday night, being I need time to compile onto a central laptop and make sure they all work with the channels given.

There also should be a link on http://www.epicchristmasgathering.com/ soon

Good Luck.

June 4th???

In another post you stated June 5th!!! ;)

Just a reminder, going to be shutting off the sequence contest at the end of next weekend, June 5th. All entries are excepted to be emailed to us by than. The email address will be posted this weekend. Thanks, and good luck.

jimswinder wrote:

June 4th???

Well as a professional as your self, the one less day should not be a factor.

Also, please include in the email, the following info:

Contest Level (Beginner or everybody else)?

Weather or not you want us to announce your name before running sequence, or keep it private?

All the sequences will have a number assigned to it, and we will announce the number. I will be the only person who knows what number goes to which person. I will be able to give you your number before hand. Also, please drop me an PM here after you email, to make sure it went threw. Thanks.

cenote wrote:

Weather or not you want us to announce your name before running sequence, or keep it private?

Will the "judging" be complete by then?

Who are the "judges" (for some reason I thought it would be the "attendees")...

cenote wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
June 4th???

Well as a professional as your self, the one less day should not be a factor.

it won't...but only because "bad" can't get "badder"... :shock:

jimswinder wrote:

cenote wrote:

Judging is done LIVE during Saturday night, probably starting around 8:30-9:00

The judges will be attendees, probably have one child, one female, and one male ;)

cenote wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
cenote wrote:

Judging is done LIVE during Saturday night, probably starting around 8:30-9:00

The judges will be attendees, probably have one child, one female, and one male ;)

Then to be impartial...do you really want the persons name to be known?

Why not let our peers be the judge? Everyone gets one vote...

jimswinder wrote:

Then to be impartial...do you really want the persons name to be known?

Why not let our peers be the judge? Everyone gets one vote...
We haven't worked out all the details yet on judging, and yes, that has been a consideration to allow everybody to vote. Going to see how many people turn in a sequence.

As of now, nobody has emailed me :shock: so yours could be the big winner!

cenote wrote:

As of now, nobody has emailed me :shock: so yours could be the big winner!

They are all probably just doing some last second tweaking...

or thought (like me) they could just bring it with them!!! :shock:

No matter who does the judging NO ONE except the organizers (and even those need to be kept to a bare minimum) should know who's sequence is whose.

Maybe those of us who've already done the final tweaking have just been waiting for an address to which the sequence could be mailed.

George Simmons wrote:

No matter who does the judging NO ONE except the organizers (and even those need to be kept to a bare minimum) should know who's sequence is whose.

Maybe those of us who've already done the final tweaking have just been waiting for an address to which the sequence could be mailed.

OK, point taken :) Kind of the feed back I have mostly gotten by talking with others.

My email is here and also on the Epic Gathering now too. Hurry up and send me your George, William calls me every night waiting for me to forward to him ...:D

cenote wrote:

Hurry up and send me yours George, William calls me every night waiting for me to forward to him ...:D

Yeah George...hurry up and send yours in so it can be "leaked" and we can all copy your masterpiece!!!! :)

jimswinder wrote:

and we can all copy your masterpiece!!!!

Ha, ha, ha... the joke's on you... I downloaded mine from a free sequence site.

George Simmons wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
and we can all copy your masterpiece!!!!

Ha, ha, ha... the joke's on you... I downloaded mine from a free sequence site.

Great response!!

Don't much care what Chuck says - contest deadline is now extended to next week (mid-week). Chuck said he's recieved a few so far and we're looking for MORE!

It's only like 45 seconds long, so while drinking your favorite adult beverage this weekend put together a sequence!!

I would REALLY like to see some more from the newer members. They typically bring in some new fresh ideas. Be nice to see a new user kick the butts of the vets!!!

Dan Ancona wrote:

...so while drinking your favorite adult beverage this weekend put together a sequence!!

That's how I did mine :D

I guess if nobody else enters, I'll win by default :D

Dan Ancona wrote:

Don't much care what Chuck says - contest deadline is now extended to next week (mid-week). Chuck said he's recieved a few so far

Wait...WHAT?!?!?!? :shock:

I want my sequence back then so I can continue to work on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D