Light-O-Rama Forums

this is for the newbies

james campbell

Nurples wrote:

David Rise wrote:
$548 for an 50amp RV outlet to run my portable panel and then 2 extra dedicated 15amp outlets.

But did your price include the panel and outlets? Mine includes the panel and 7 dedicated 20amp outlets... Guess it's a decent price... :)
yup or at least not too bad given that it is also portable.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Rise

• caniac

• james campbell

• jimswinder

Nurples wrote:

David Rise wrote:
$548 for an 50amp RV outlet to run my portable panel and then 2 extra dedicated 15amp outlets.

But did your price include the panel and outlets? Mine includes the panel and 7 dedicated 20amp outlets... Guess it's a decent price... :)

1 RV outlet and 2 15amp outlets + wiring and installation....$548. I thought it was kinda steep, but I'm not an electrician so I won't do any kind of permenant wiring.

The portable panel, I built myself. 100amp breaker box, 6 breakers. That's all posted in the coffee shop thread and myh FB page.

I'll only be using 4 controllers this year. I still have room to add 4 more controllers.

David Rise wrote:

Nurples wrote:
David Rise wrote:

But did your price include the panel and outlets? Mine includes the panel and 7 dedicated 20amp outlets... Guess it's a decent price... :P

1 RV outlet and 2 15amp outlets + wiring and installation....$548. I thought it was kinda steep, but I'm not an electrician so I won't do any kind of permenant wiring.

The portable panel, I built myself. 100amp breaker box, 6 breakers. That's all posted in the coffee shop thread and myh FB page.

I'll only be using 4 controllers this year. I still have room to add 4 more controllers.

I am blessed,my neighbor is an electrician by trade said he would install my for free. heck he said he could probably get all the materials I need.

james campbell wrote:

David Rise wrote:
Nurples wrote:
David Rise wrote:

But did your price include the panel and outlets? Mine includes the panel and 7 dedicated 20amp outlets... Guess it's a decent price... :P

I am blessed,my neighbor is an electrician by trade said he would install my for free. heck he said he could probably get all the materials I need.
does he need another friend? lol:dude:

caniac wrote:

james campbell wrote:
David Rise wrote:
Nurples wrote:
David Rise wrote:
does he need another friend? lol:dude:

it don't hurt to ask

Well being an electrician DOES have it's advantages ;) Got all the power I need, where I want it, and if I need more it's not that hard to do. But I degress...

Been working on a couple items for this season. Putting a five foot Santa on the roof, which was driving me a bit nuts. Finally think I got the frame set up, got him stabliized 1/2" all thread covered with 1/2" EMT thru the body and pole. Took a leaf blower to him, and he ain't going nowhere. Also got a snowman for out front next to my radio sign. He's mounted on a 2x12 and also ain't going nowhere once I set him in place.

Now for a few days rest til the next stupid (according to the Wife) thing I get in my head. B)

Give me some feedback. This is 3 strings, 4 colors. Was going to put 4 strings, but it's getting crowded at the top.

Attached files 250145=13582-IMG_0198.JPG

David Rise wrote:

Give me some feedback. This is 3 strings, 4 colors. Was going to put 4 strings, but it's getting crowded at the top.

I like the consept, I don't like the big empty space between each riser.
Thinking out loud here, have you thought about breaking each color up on its own vertical riser?

I didn't like the spaces either. Gonna have to look for a wider top so I can squeeze the fourth string in.

I'll try that out next weekend. If it still doesn't look right, then I'll split the strings. Thanks for the feedback.

David Rise wrote:

I didn't like the spaces either. Gonna have to look for a wider top so I can squeeze the fourth string in.

I'll try that out next weekend. If it still doesn't look right, then I'll split the strings. Thanks for the feedback.

What are you using for a top?

Arnoldc wrote:

David Rise wrote:

What are you using for a top?

The PVC pipe is something that is used for wells. I bought them because they have a pointed tip, thus making them easier to pound into the hard ground. I think they are 1-1/4" and then the top widens to 1-3/4. It was all they had at the time. So I'll keep searching or maybe find a different solution to widen it.

dit dit dit dah dit status update 6 songs sequenced 50 amp remote power socket installed house profile change almost complete all wall washers built start work on portable power panel friday.add these items to the one i already posted :]post 5 in this thread still not bad for a guy with m/s and little vision

getting very close to finished,all lights in hand . 12 more strobes are on the way,just need one controller summer sale get here soon please:) wiring the garage next month,and lastly make my fm sign. I'm very happy with the progress I have made.I think i planned each step out well for my first year.

wire for 50 amp socket 60.00 socket w box 24.00 50 amp dual breaker 75.00 install labor0 diy pricless

• 2 weeks later...

Dumped the PVC pipes and went with the tomatoe cages.....DUH!
I thought the PVC pipe was a good idea. Even with a 4th string, it didn't look right.

The tomatoe cages that I bought were too big. So I'm saving them to add next year. Bought some smaller ones and already had to redo the first one, due to spacing and having either too much left over or not enough to cover the top....ARGH!!!!!!!!

On top of that, one of my red strings is bad, so I'll be unwinding it again tonight and starting my 3rd attempt.

I think I'd rather be sequencing.....LOL

David Rise wrote:

Dumped the PVC pipes and went with the tomatoe cages.....DUH!
I thought the PVC pipe was a good idea. Even with a 4th string, it didn't look right.

The tomatoe cages that I bought were too big. So I'm saving them to add next year. Bought some smaller ones and already had to redo the first one, due to spacing and having either too much left over or not enough to cover the top....ARGH!!!!!!!!

On top of that, one of my red strings is bad, so I'll be unwinding it again tonight and starting my 3rd attempt.

I think I'd rather be sequencing.....LOL
I feel you pain, cut my tomato cages down until I got the height I wanted and it still took version 4.0 before I was happy but once I got that one done then the other 9 were a breeze.

David Rise wrote:

Ok finally! Tree #1 complete. 315 lights total

:shock: wow is that 315 of each color, no looks nice bet they are bright at night