Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Update?

Robert Burton

T110431 wrote:

does anybody know how much the upgrade will cost for the addition of the superstar software to advanced licence of lor

I don't think any of us (common folk) know what the upgrade with superstar will be.

I am hoping that those of us who had already purchased superstar did not throw our money away.

Edit. Reading that last part again. It did not sound like I wanted it. Not sure what I am trying to say.

How bout this. I wonder if the S3 upgrade will cost $200 if you want Superstar to work with 12 CCRs?

btw. Superstar will also work with Firefli programming. Its a very good program by itself. I can't wait to see it combined with S3

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• caniac

• TitusCarnathan

• Denise Brunner

Guest wbottomley

George Simmons wrote:

caniac wrote:
... there is a good bit of time before we need to get to work on our next shows...

You're joking, right? It's fricking May already and you haven't started sequencing yet? Must be nice...

Oh... it is.

I start in September. :P

I am just about at the time of year that I must have my full christmas display fully planned and redoing all my song sequences. I guess I will have to do without S3;the new visualizer, the CCR's and the Superstar software. Its ashame that I can't plan on anything. We were promised many times for a time schedule but it has not be forthcoming. So here it is May 15th and will have to do without the (12) CCR's. I can't buy more of them without knowing when and if I will have the software to program them easily. The money I put aside for the CCR's and software will be going elsewhere, probably a computer controled animated figure. I will spend the $89.00 with LOR for the servo controller. Oh well !

Yep, I'm in the same boat here. It's time to lock in the hardware and software design so I can start on sequencing and the build for it.

RGB stuff takes a LOT longer to sequence for so it can't wait until Fall!

• 3 weeks later...

You could use LSP as an RGB effects generator, like Superstar ... export to LOR format, open in LOR ... then copy and paste into your main sequence. Clunky.

The problem were all having, esp. with regard to RGB ... is a software to handle it. Waiting on LOR S3, Waiting on LSP 2.x ... stable and capable software needed.

Mountainwxman wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
caniac wrote:
... there is a good bit of time before we need to get to work on our next shows...

You're joking, right? It's fricking May already and you haven't started sequencing yet? Must be nice...

Oh... it is.

I start in September. :)

Ya William, but you forgot to mention you have a total of 8 channels! :shock::)

See ya' Friday!

Greg

Did I miss Dan's follow-up on this?

I will talk with the programmers next week and come up with a schedule.

Dan

Bob Musil wrote:

Did I miss Dan's follow-up on this?

I will talk with the programmers next week and come up with a schedule.

Dan

I don't think Dan ever got back to us...I never saw anything...

I think after this weekends NJ meeting, we will at least get some second hand information.
At the end of the month with the Christmas Expo, I expect we will get some real Info.

Being in NJ I was hoping to go to the NJ Mini, but I have a christening to go to. I really wanted to meet all you local people.