Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• evan.a

• JBullard

• Ron Amedee

Top Posters In This Topic

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

darrel schweissinger wrote:
I must not be doing things correctly as I had everything ready to go and hit pay-pal at 2 mins after and everything gone.So I opped for the CTB16kit,got the 3 that were need. See what the summer sale brings about? Where are the CCB's being listed? I have not seen them any where on the store pages. Am I looking in the wrong places? HELP!!!!

there messing with you. They are not for sale. Dan said it will not be preorderable until later in April or Mayish

thanks, that's good to know was thinking of looking into something like the CCB's

Jeff Millard wrote:

This time, I fouled up and missed the line for the email address and it complained...
Jeff

Funny, I had the same hiccup too!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Every year, I click refresh right up until the moment the sale goes active. I've used both PayPal and Visa and I see no difference in the amount of time it takes me to do either. Each time, I have the card number in the clipboard and type as fast as I can. Every time, I've gotten my order in just under the wire. This time, I fouled up and missed the line for the email address and it complained... but I typed as fast as my Arthritis would allow and still was lucky enough to get it through. Judging from the posts about timing... I was really close to missing out. Happy for those who got theirs in. Sad for those who have to wait until the summer sale. No need to get upset. Take the time to focus on programming sequences.

If I get the CCR's by June 10th, I'll have them at Andy's house for the meet and greet.

Thank you Dan and all the LOR Elves! Can't wait to hear about the CCB pre sales!

Jeff

The key is to capitalize off the Yahoo Cart ordering system. Get a Yahoo ID, pin a default cart to it and you do not have to enter your shipping information.

Open multiple windows and insert the items into the cart. Close all but one, refresh the cart and then click to the check out. This is one way to shave a few critical seconds off the yahoo store system.

Good news, Bad news. Spent all day at hospital with my wife, she had to have a cardiac cath, everything is all good with her. Thats the good news. Was waiting for the sale to start and fell asleep for about 20 minutes, woke up at 10:15 and my wife told me she tried to order 2 controllers for me, but, "I was just to slow, sorry". Told her thanks for trying , She is the best!!! Oh well, summer sale is coming. Thanks Dan and crew for the chance to get more stuff. Your company rocks!!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

redsea300 wrote:
At 7:02 100 ccr available. By the time I checked out none left. Missed out. Oh well Waiting for Summer sale. Need 11 of them.

With a $1500 cap, you would only be able to buy 7 than would would have to do another purchase. And there was no way that would ever happen! It all sells too fast!
I was only trying to get 3 right now and the rest later. Oh well, Will get all of them in the summer.

I didn't read through every post but here was my strategy which gained me 4 CCRs and 3 Controllers with no sweat.

Install Last Pass -which is AWESOME anyway (or another form filler) - this will help you get your credit card info in in one click

Minutes before the same, act like you are going to buy something (ie. go through the entire process until you get to the "confirm your order screen") - then back out and make sure to empty your cart

(if you want 2 products) - Have both product pages loaded in different tabs.
As 10:00pm approaches, F5, F5 (refresh)
Once it comes up, add to the cart (it will be slow)
Immediately go to the next tab (the other one will still be working), refresh, add to the cart (it will be slow)
Go back to first tab, you will be on the cart page, adjust qty number
Go back to second tab, you will be on the cart page, adjust qty number - stay on this page as it will then have both items with correct qty.

go through checkout process.

info should be filled in but lastpass can fill in cc info in one click.

done.

*** I would not use PayPal as it puts an entire extra step in the process.

Good luck next year ... I think I just cost myself some money next year ;-)

Hit refresh at 10:00 exactly. Cart is open, selected CCR, check out, entered credit cart number (had it out and ready before), shipping and billing address and confirm !!!! Shopping cart is now empty (none left) !!! less than 3 minutes after. Not a happy camper.

shfr26 wrote:

Good news, Bad news. Spent all day at hospital with my wife, she had to have a cardiac cath, everything is all good with her. Thats the good news. Was waiting for the sale to start and fell asleep for about 20 minutes, woke up at 10:15 and my wife told me she tried to order 2 controllers for me, but, "I was just to slow, sorry". Told her thanks for trying , She is the best!!! Oh well, summer sale is coming. Thanks Dan and crew for the chance to get more stuff. Your company rocks!!

Pete, that good new trumps the bad by far, in fact it trumps everyone else's good news of hey I saved some money on new toys. Give her our best!

PS you know if you switch to Geico you could save money there and afford to pay full price :)

Jim Saul wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

Pete, that good new trumps the bad by far, in fact it trumps everyone else's good news of hey I saved some money on new toys. Give her our best!

PS you know if you switch to Geico you could save money there and afford to pay full price :)

Already know the little lizard! Switched about 2 years ago. Your right, the good news does trump not getting anything at the sale, I was amazed that she got on the computer and tried to get it for me!!

jerrymac wrote:

Hit refresh at 10:00 exactly. Cart is open, selected CCR, check out, entered credit cart number (had it out and ready before), shipping and billing address and confirm !!!! Shopping cart is now empty (none left) !!! less than 3 minutes after. Not a happy camper.

Are you sure your computer time is correct?

I was in and out in 2:02:35 but I did use Paypal.

Last year I tried the CC route and I think it took longer.

I just went for 2 of the connect the cables DIY controllers. but my experience was:

I had my credit card number saved in the clipboard.
9:59 started refreshing until the add to cart showed up.
The cart said 600 available, used goggle tool bar to enter my info, pasted the cc info, and checked out at 10:01.
By 10:02 I had the email confirming my order, out of curiosity, I went back in to add the same controller to the cart and it was sold out. I then went through most of the controllers and CCR, the only things left involved soldering by 10:03-4

Kind of reminded me black Friday without the freezing outside for hours waiting for the doors to open :D

Things happened much faster this year than last year. There were a total of 731 orders with 603 of them within a 5 minute span. A total of 1948 items were sold to customers in the United States, Canada, Australia and Brazil. CCRs were the first item to sell out. We only had 100 of them available.

Would have been nice to have more CCRs out there for sale... Would have had more but someone ordered 100 CCRs at regular price just before the sale started.

Dan

Jeff Millard wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
Would have had more but someone ordered 100 CCRs at regular price just before the sale started.

Dan

I'd like to see the result of their investment!

Jeff

I would as well. Will see if we can get a video from them when they get their project put together.

Dan

Ron Amedee wrote:

$24,000 dollars on one order !!! I want to meet this person !!!

We do not share customer info but I will tell you that it was an organization not an individual.

Dan...