Light-O-Rama Forums

New Visualizer

cenote

Donny M. Carter wrote:

jem5136 wrote:
I use Paint, which comes on every computer running windows, and just make a black picture to get a better grid. It works really well.

Will you please explain your process in a little more detail? Thanks!

Sure. I open pain, and I use the "Fill" tool with just plain black. I save it as a jpeg(you have to make sure it's a jpeg or it will not work with LOR). And then in the visualizer, under the Background Image box, click on "Select" find you black image and open it. There will be a box that comes up and you can press the "+" or "-" buttons for a higher resolution or a lower resolution.

The picture should looks small when you choose your resolution, if it looks zoomed in, the software will not let you get a very high resolution visualizer. If this happens, go back to pain and make the image a little smaller(by clicking on one of the corners and dragging them inward) and save it under the same name(I do this so I don't use more space on my hard drive). Then go back to LOR and click "remove" to get rid of the old image, and then put the new one in. Last time I did it, it took me about 3 tried to get a good image for the visualizer, and I have enough room to expand for next year.

Hope this clears things up a little.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taybrynn

• cenote

• ace_master

• jem5136

I started with a google street view (or google earth) view of my house and my neighbors. I think did a windows screen capture of that, then cropped in windows paint. Then loaded in to LOR visualizer like others have said ... make the grid as detailed as it will allow. Then drop display onto the homes and in the yard. Then hide the picture.

taybrynn wrote:

Isn't freedom of speech great?

Is great, as long as one does not abuse it in a way to cause harm to others. :D

taybrynn wrote:

I hope your ok. Were all waiting for some answers from Dan to your original question. I'm sure he will when he can.

Maybe the "jersey" gang has him locked up and torturing him for some products...:D:D:D