Light-O-Rama Forums

Interestng idea.

garyfunk

• 2 months later...

I'm still looking for the video with the girl. All I found was some punk that lost the security deposit on his apartment.

garyfunk wrote:

Caleb Linburg wrote:
There should be something where you could vote and the one with the most votes would be the next song to play. Otherwise the show would battle against itself for which person to listen to.

I see it as a queue, where each song selected goes to the end of the current queue, unless the song has been played in the past X songs.

Sounds kinda like MIIP

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about this a while back - I agree with the que - but the que should probably dump after each song. (you dont want some kid texting the same song 100 times in a row) dumping the que on each song finish would help keep things fair. If the device gets no votes, it should continu working at random or following some sort of playlist.

I suppose you could pair it with mp3director, but I'd use a basic stamp and a pc. I would love to see it written to interface with S2.

There needs to be some feedack from S2 to the device.

At some point during operation, the device needs to tell the voting component to stop and tally votes. In a perfect setup, x seconds before track 1 stops, votes are tallied, and commands are sent to pick the "next up track" as track 2 starts to play, votes begin to tally again.... process repeats.

You COULD have 1 channel setup to be your "next up timer" 10 seconds before the end of each song, you turn this channel on - the device would read this as its cue to end the pole. I can write BS2 code O.K., and make any needed hardware interfaces, but couldnt do much with the text-web gateway.

IF you wrote it as an app, (asuming S2 could report start of track) it could be a software only solution.

I guess you could also have pauses within your play list (every song is linked to a 10 second track of voiceover or dead air) and that could be used as time to tally votes. Now im just thinking way to much...