Light-O-Rama Forums

The New Guys LEDs for 2011

Ryan Gardner

Kind of Impressed by the whole amusement park industry thing, My dream would be to work for parks designing things someday. Been wanting to design rides and parks since I was like 10 years old.

If the quality of light is high and the customer service is good, you should definitely be able to draw up a following.

Best of luck to you!

If I had the money to spend with those prices I may just final replace allot of my traditional incandescents to LED lights.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryan Gardner

• garyfunk

• Tim Fischer

• George Simmons

Ryan:

I can tell you right now in looking at your prices the past couple weeks as I got a link from Tim Fischer, I'm headed your way. I'm hoping to get a corporate sponsor on line to help with the costs of growing my show but can't support the 20-30% increases we've seen from the usual source. Last year I bought about 20 cases and it may be more this year as several people I know that wanted lights last year couldn't justify full case qty. With being able to buy by the string several have said they could see getting a few strings for their small displays and want to add on my order. Hoping you eventually get the full gamet as far as icicles etc down the road.

Lenny

Thanks to Gary our website is more user friendly. Of course I want it to be all really nice now. I am thinking once we go full commercial that maybe I pay to make it all fancy and go with Flash or something. I am sure I will be using Gary to make a REAL SITE!

Also as a heads up our other side of MITS is shooting a rather large NYE show. So I will be out of pocket for the next 24hours and probly sleep all day on New Years day. However all emails go straight to my phone so if I get a momment I will try and reply. AND if you are in the SA area come by Six Flags Fiesta Texas and check the show out. It will be a short display, but pack on heck of a punch hehehe! If you don't feel like paying to get in the park (hey all the lights are up some MITS a huge 60ft rides and shows so you may wanna check it out) you can park in the La Cantera Mall parking lot and get a really really good view of the show!

Happy New Years!
Ryan handle on our site.

I've been one of the testers of these lights and so far give them my full endorsement. They seem every bit as good, if not better, quality than the lights I've ordered from the two major LED vendors on PC in the past (the one that's considered 'good' and the one that screwed over many of us).

Ryan regarding your website - I know you like the Black background look but I think that's what's causing problems for many people. I suspect if you went to a light background it would work for everyone.

-Tim

I have been comparing prices listed on Ryan's website with those of who a lot of people purchase from.

Ryan's prices are almost 45% less.

How can that be !?

Dave

P.S. All I am saying is that I want to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges before I spend $1,000 for 2011.

Tim Fischer wrote:

Ryan regarding your website - I know you like the Black background look but I think that's what's causing problems for many people. I suspect if you went to a light background it would work for everyone.

Tim,

If you would be so kind, please look at http://rk7.com/pc.htm and let me lnow if that page gives your browser any problem.

RaceMedic wrote:

I have been comparing prices listed on Ryan's website with those of who a lot of people purchase from. Ryan's prices are almost 45% less. How can that be !?

Could be the same reason why I sell the exact same model of hearing aids at prices up to half off what my competitors charge. My overhead is lower and my principles are higher. I look at their prices and ask myself how they can sleep at night? Maybe Ryan's the same kind of guy I am.

George Simmons wrote:

RaceMedic wrote:
I have been comparing prices listed on Ryan's website with those of who a lot of people purchase from. Ryan's prices are almost 45% less. How can that be !?

Could be the same reason why I sell the exact same model of hearing aids at prices up to half off what my competitors charge. My overhead is lower and my principles are higher. I look at their prices and ask myself how they can sleep at night? Maybe Ryan's the same kind of guy I am.

I agree George, overhead is the main problem for new business. I had my windshield replaced yesterday by a guy that works out of a van, cost $184.00 (by the way this was the result of my 28 foot mega tree failing in 50 MPH winds). Same glass in a window shop was $374.

I am also going to put my trust in Ryan. At least he is answering emails.

Ryan Gardner wrote:

Shipping will be added at the time of shipping and if you want to drive to SA to pick it up for free you may.

Are you thinking you'll have the lights in stock by Fiesta? It's been a few years since I've been to NIOSA and had some shypoke eggs and would love an excuse to do it again.

bdeditch wrote:

I agree George, overhead is the main problem for new business. I had my windshield replaced yesterday by a guy that works out of a van, cost $184.00 (by the way this was the result of my 28 foot mega tree failing in 50 MPH winds). Same glass in a window shop was $374.

Now if you were living back here again like before that new window of yours would have a crack in it before the day ended.

I cannot see putting in new glass here for a car (unless you sell it) or it is really bad, because $300.00 will seem a waist once the 1st crack comes.....& like I said it can come in less than 1 day.

I am looking into ordering a couple of cases and don't feel safe entering my Credit Card info before I know the shipping price. I would hate my order total to double due to taxes and shipping. This will be my first online vendor purchase so I can't even imagine the shipping price on these. Is there a way to get an estimate on shipping. Thanks! I live in Hartselle, AL 35640.

garyfunk wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:

Tim,

If you would be so kind, please look at http://rk7.com/pc.htm and let me lnow if that page gives your browser any problem.

Gary, a quick glance appears to look fine. The black background is gone on the pages that had been problematic before.

timmy wrote:

I am looking into ordering a couple of cases and don't feel safe entering my Credit Card info before I know the shipping price. I would hate my order total to double due to taxes and shipping. This will be my first online vendor purchase so I can't even imagine the shipping price on these. Is there a way to get an estimate on shipping. Thanks! I live in Hartselle, AL 35640.

For what it's worth, the other major LED vendor does it this way as well. Actual shipping will be charged...

I'll probably be buying some lights myself in this sale...

One thing that took me awhile to tumble to or figure out...The prices on Ryan's site (when you click on the 60% pay link) are 60% of the total price. You'll still need to pay the other 40% later.

Click on the 100% payment link to see what the total prices are for the lights.....

Thanks, Randy

lightzilla wrote:

bdeditch wrote:

Now if you were living back here again like before that new window of yours would have a crack in it before the day ended.

I cannot see putting in new glass here for a car (unless you sell it) or it is really bad, because $300.00 will seem a waist once the 1st crack comes.....& like I said it can come in less than 1 day.

No Kidding, I had that happen so many times. Good cold morning, defrost on high, scrap window and CRACK. Here the heat can actually blow them right out as well.

Hey yall. For anyone who has shipping concerns just email me what you think you will be ordering and I can get a CURRENT estimate of shipping via fed ex or freight. Keep in mind though that many are saying gas prices will go upto $4 a gallon in places by Summer. This will likely mean an increase in shipping cost. We will find the cheapest cost and allow you to pick up for free of course.

As far as Fiesta...hmmm. We have been told if we order by Feb 1 that we could expect a late April delivery. This of course was with only one container. So it maybe to us on the Battle of Flowers day hahaha. That being said Fiesta itself is a reason to come you need no other hahaha. We should have a better idea on exact dates by Feb and I will let you know then if Fiesta is in the forcast range!

Ryan (who is probly one of the few people in the world who always feels hung over on new years day, NOT because of drinking, but because I spent 40 hours straight up working on pyro whew and back to bed)

Randy wrote:

One thing that took me awhile to tumble to or figure out...The prices on Ryan's site (when you click on the 60% pay link) are 60% of the total price. You'll still need to pay the other 40% later.

Click on the 100% payment link to see what the total prices are for the lights.....

Thanks, Randy

Well .... I completely missed that part of it.

Can I suggest that the 60% link shows the TOTAL price and then the deposit. I am not saying it was intentional but I, as I am sure others also, I quickly looked for the pricing and miss the top of the page about not being the total price.

I will have to reevaluate if it is worth a couple of dollars saving with going with a new vendor vs one with a track record.

Dave

That is a good point Dave. I hadn't though that a lot of people did not get to see our pre order page that just listed the prices on it. We will be adding some verbage to the link that people will hopefully see so they don't get suckered or feel that way at least.

Thanks for the heads up,

Ryan

Ryan, Good luck with things. This was a business model I have looked into, to add to my existing companies, however I haven't gone any further then the research stage at this point.

I would place an order with you, however I prefer the 5mm bulbs. If you have the ability to import those, let me know.

Brent