• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryan Gardner

• garyfunk

• Tim Fischer

• George Simmons

Ryan Gardner wrote:

so they don't get suckered or feel that way at least.

Thanks for the heads up,

Ryan

Ryan;

I wasn't implying that anything was done on purpose ... if it came across that way please accept my sincere apology !

Dave

Count me as one of the people that just looked at the 60% link, and thinking those prices were the total price last week. I just glanced quickly, so I'll take the blame if I didn't read things before. However your new note on the site is very clear now.

yeah sorry again. We were not thinking clearly. Actually the biggest issuse was with google check out not giving us a way to do a discount option. So we have to list the 60% page as just that. Hope the new note clears it up and hope no one purchased with thinking that was the full price. If there is anyone here who did please contact me via email.

ryan

Ryan

I know there are not that many users in Canada but when we order items from the US it is very important not to send the items through any of the couriers because the charges to have them clear them through customs is excessive.........so

1) Will you ship via the USPS?

2) Will you ship to a 3rd party? (Some guys are using an address in the US that is close to where we live and then driving over to get them)

I had some problem strings from LED HL and although they were responsive to my e-mail they tried to courier 4 - 70ct strings to me but I refused the shipment because UPS wanted $29.00 to clear the package at customs.

UPS is such a rip off when it comes to its Brokerage fees

Mike Manzara wrote:

Ryan

I know there are not that many users in Canada but when we order items from the US it is very important not to send the items through any of the couriers because the charges to have them clear them through customs is excessive.........so

1) Will you ship via the USPS?

2) Will you ship to a 3rd party? (Some guys are using an address in the US that is close to where we live and then driving over to get them)

I had some problem strings from LED HL and although they were responsive to my e-mail they tried to courier 4 - 70ct strings to me but I refused the shipment because UPS wanted $29.00 to clear the package at customs.

Yes. We will ship where and how you want. Well on the up in up hehehe. Once we recieve each persons final payment and we are ready to ship we will contact them and let them know the final shipping price we will be charging and then ask where they would like to ship too.

Also for the Canada orders these are simply being listed as LEDs. From what I hear there is no taxes on those. And we will ship USPS there. We won't in the states because the vaule for that is not much more and Fed Ex gives you so much more security. We for a time looked at all orders for the pre paid boxes from the USPS, but after doing the math the dollar or two savings was not worth the not being able to track and such with ease.

Yes UPS seems to be screwy. I sent samples out to a few people over the Holidays. I went to a local UPS store that was open on 12-26. They said it would go out first thing monday morning. Well yesterday I get a call from someone asking where the samples were. UPS tracking number said. "Pick up at UPS store" odd so I called the store and asked what was up.... "Oh yes Mr. Gardner we have your packages here ready for pick up."... Some how the address input when wrong and they were all shipped back to me.... I am baffled as to how this happened. It does not make much sense. FED EX is now going to be our only small courier(USPS to Canada) and of course we will use a frieght line for large ones.

Ryan

Ryan,

About the 5% if you pay in full wouldn't be easier to just give a 5% discount?

I am currently looking for halloween but the lights that look amberorange are labeled yellow. Are they really yellow or more of an amber color?

Guest Don Gillespie

PaulXmas wrote:

Ryan,

I agree with Paul if the payment is made in full how are you going to discount the 5% after it has been pais in full?

Don Gillespie wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:
Ryan,

I agree with Paul if the payment is made in full how are you going to discount the 5% after it has been pais in full?
The way it is stated, they send you an additional 5% of of product. IE if you order 100 strands, they will send you 105 strands. Seems like a bit of a hassle to keep straight. But I think they are doing this, because their shopping cart software doesn't allow for a discount.

to answer the questions....

color: the yellow are an amber yellow. They will havea warm golden looke to them not oragne... At this time weare not adding orange but may in the next order.

discount: we are not offering a discount, but rather 5% value added. Around Jan 25th all those who paid 100% will be contacted via email with the value added amount and a price list of the lights. You will email us back your extra 5% order based on that.

cases: you can of course order any amount of lights you want. We will split cases. The prices are by string. If you are wanting a case the 50ct and 70ct are packed 24 to a case and the 100ct are 12 to a case.

thanks yall,
Ryan
case count:

Ryan,

Will you be selling other than the pre-order? I probably won't have the money in time for pre-order, but would definitely be interested later in the year.

Thanks

Hey y'all I am back. I forgot to post here that I would be gone for a few days with my Dad having sudden open heart surgery, I am happy to report he is doing well. While I was gone my business partner with the help of some members here hashed out that sales tax problem. So there is more good news. Anyone who had already ordered should have been contacted by him if not contact him at jacob@magicinthesky.com and he will get you up to speed on what we are doing.

IN LIGHTING NEWS:

I hope by friday we will have the icicle lights up on the order page.

I am still hunting for a GREAT DIMMABLE c7 and c9 retrofit. I have found now 7 that will indeed dim, but all of them step rather than ramp. Some a better than others but none are perfect. Again as I have said before I recommend ordering those from another reliable vendor. I will one day find my PERFECT C SERIES RETRO FITS!

We are looking to expand to many applications for LED lights. I am activly on the search for everyday house hold LED retro fits. I know not quite Christmas, but I went to replace some of my stuff inside and was shocked at what the box stores were charching. Then I went online and found that the prices were much better, but still a we bit high for me. SOOOO I am begining to search for places that will sell color floods(hey we can use those in our displays) and then many standard styles for inside the house. This will probly be something that comes full circle in late summer, but just wanted to let everyone know we are looking to get bigger. ON THAT NOTE: we are going to be looking at strobes, wall washes, and basically anything that is LED and can be either used in a common home or s display/theater setting. So hold on to your pants because by late summer MITS LIGHTING may be like a one stop shop for LEDs.... Of course we are waiting to pull the trigger on expansion AFTER we get all your LED christmas lights in and shipped and people are happy and we are still alive after what we figure will be a 5-7day packing and shipping marathon hehehe.

Ryan

Icicle lights are up. They are 70ct strings

NOTES:We are offering C6, M5, and 5mm lens on these in limited colors. All are on white wire. The total light to light length on the main cord is about 7ft. The tails are 6in. The drops are spaced 6in apart and are 3lights, 5lights, and 6lights in that order. The spacing on the drops is about 2in. These are sealed molded husk like all our other lights. Full wave, rectified, dimmable lights. Made by the same factory as the other strands although they call them curtain lights. I am sure there are other things you want to know so ask away.

Ryan