Light-O-Rama Forums

sale??

bryan wilson

JBullard wrote:

rabeebe wrote:

Another advantage of using LED lights. Don't have to pay $$ for electrical upgrades.

I use two 15 amp outlets for 480 channels and over 40,000 LED lights

That is one of the main & best reasons to buy LEDs.

I was going to say that the Lor Reduction Sale (February) is the best sale.......lowest prices, but also the lowest stock. Where as the July sale is a tiny bit more $ but no limits.

I need to be ready when the sale start in Feb.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• garyfunk

• rabeebe

• JBullard

• Surfing4Dough

Top Posters In This Topic

rabeebe wrote:

I think I can replace the 70 AMP breaker with a 100, and run it to a 100 Amp sub-panel, then run the pool sub-panel off it. I never pull more than 20 Amps off the pool sub-panel during the winter. It's too cold to run the Heat pump which draws the most.

Any thoughts of running a Sub panel off another?

FYI: Breakers are sized for the wire NOT the load. You should NEVER replace a breaker with a larger one unless the wire is sized accordingly.

roknjohn wrote:

rabeebe wrote:
I think I can replace the 70 AMP breaker with a 100, and run it to a 100 Amp sub-panel, then run the pool sub-panel off it. I never pull more than 20 Amps off the pool sub-panel during the winter. It's too cold to run the Heat pump which draws the most.

Any thoughts of running a Sub panel off another?

FYI: Breakers are sized for the wire NOT the load. You should NEVER replace a breaker with a larger one unless the wire is sized accordingly.

Thanks. I did know that and would have to pull in new wire anyways. Was going to back out the wire and run it off the sub-panel. Run new wire from the main to the sub.

maine_fungi wrote:

Hey everyone! I am also researching for next year. I am so happy to see that not all threads are a messed up as this one. I have been able to get most of my answers by browsing the topics, but I agree the search function of this forum is all but broken.

I do have a few questions, but I will start a new thread so that the topic will make it easier for other newbies to browse for answers.

Have a Happy New Year,

Ryan

Welcome to the LOR forums! I hope you two feel comfortable to ask lots of questions, and contribute anything you can here. This is one of the best forums we have and there are tons of great people here that that have a ridiculous amount of knowledge to share. I think you will learn or have already witnessed that we all mean well, even when things do get a little crazy around here. Join right in.