Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween 2010 Videos

CLD Kevin

Fake ? maybe they wouldn't buy the idea that these were REAL faces on the front of house . You know those real floating faces that attach themselves to inatimate objects since they have no real body of their own. Or maybe the persons sending the comment were actually fake people maskerading as isane idiots !

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLD Kevin

• Austen

• boborino

• Thejones

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin:

Congrats, As of today (11/16) Thriller went over 1 million views. Between the 5 videos posted 1,320,850 views.

A reflection of your great work.

jerrymac wrote:

Kevin:

Congrats, As of today (11/16) Thriller went over 1 million views. Between the 5 videos posted 1,320,850 views.

A reflection of your great work.

Thanks so much. It is kinda unbelievable that I’m still getting 15,000+ views a day...3 weeks after Halloween. From my previous post I said that I may not do this next year...but after some more discussions with the wife and some friends and family offer to help…it will be back next year. :D

I'm not doing anything for Christmas....maybe a few lights and some trees. I hurt my back again and need to take it easy. The back takes FOR-EV-ER to heal!! Besides, it give me more time to spend with the family.

• 1 month later...

djohnson1810 wrote:

Any tutorials on how you made the faces? It looks like you used rope light?

No sorry, I didnt make any. This year I will try to do a little "behind the sceens" video although making the faces really isnt that hard. Just need a frame (I used PVC...others used metal), mesh wire to strap to the frame, rope light and lots of small tie-wraps. I have pictures in the post of the faces which should guide you. If you all feel that you need more, let me know and I will see what I can do.

I guess my Thriller video was on UK Channel 4 "Rube Tube" episode last night. They contacted me and I told them it was okay to use it, but then I never hear back from them. I just figured they were going to pass. I found the link to watch it, but it's blocked from the US. Apparently my video came in 44th place out of 100. I would like to see the episode. Any other way I can watch this video?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/rude-tube/4od#3152461

Kevin,

I first stumbled across your video on YouTube when I was putting up my Christmas lights. I instantly feel in love with your display. I told my wife that’s what I want my house to look like next year. Granted I am sure mine won’t be anywhere near as cool but I figure yours is several years in the making. I am glad you are carrying on with it next year. I can’t wait to see the 2011 videos.

1.2 thriller

Cracker wrote:

djohnson1810 wrote:
Any tutorials on how you made the faces? It looks like you used rope light?

No sorry, I didnt make any. This year I will try to do a little "behind the sceens" video although making the faces really isnt that hard. Just need a frame (I used PVC...others used metal), mesh wire to strap to the frame, rope light and lots of small tie-wraps. I have pictures in the post of the faces which should guide you. If you all feel that you need more, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Where can I find these pics of the faces? You have done an incredible job!

MikeH