Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to find 1/4, fully insulated quick connects

miguel

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Big reason I make my dongles, if you use 6'/12' extension cord for the dongles (from HD, $1.88/ea) yes, you have to buy the spade lugs for them, but you get three plug taps instead of the one that comes with the LOR set, plus, LOR's dongles are only 18" long.. makes a differance if you are using it on a mega/mini-tree, fan or arches.. they actually reach most of the plugs.

I also make my own dongles for many of the same reasons. I use mostly 6' ext cords which I stock up on when they're on sale for 72 cents at Menards. (16GA spt 2 is more than enough to handle the 8 amp max load per channel.) Even including the cost of spade lugs it's still miles lower in price than buying the single-receptacle dongles from LOR. (Which means saving more money for more boards.) And the plug ends make a nice power cord for sections of rope light

Does anyone know where I can find a good sale on female quick plugs? I need a sale like HD had last year! They sold male or female's in 100ct boxes for $35 with shipping! I call the from phone number on the box. And the guy said he would sell me the same thing he sold to hd, if I buy 5000! I really don't need that many. So I talked him down to 1000. But I still don't have $350 for plugs! you know!