Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to find 1/4, fully insulated quick connects

miguel

They might be pricier than most places but Ace Hardware has every kind of terminal I know of.

I would try places like Grainger or check out some of your local electrical supply houses that the local electric contractors use to get their supplies. Let your fingers do the walking.

I just purchased some off eBay yesterday. They are on in route to me now. I'll let everyone know how they work. I miss calculated the #10 terminal rings and have 400 coming. I think this will last me 3 lifetimes. :)

I'll let everyone know what they look like when I get them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220629731759&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320558687015&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The seller : http://myworld.ebay.com/terminalcitizen/

I have also used Ace Hardware but they were $12 for 100 .25 female disconnects.

Been looking all over there web site but you can't find any thing there, but I bought a package of 100 from Home Depot for a decent price last year.

I purchased both 1/4 female and #10 14-16 rings off eBay at the links above on 7/22. They arrived 7/26 via priority mail. I just used both to make a cord for my ctb16pc and they work exactly as expected.

The price is hard be beat and the quality is good.

Now why would I want to make my own cords? Ah, so I can by more channels of course.

2.5 hours later and I have 32 cords ready to go. The ends work great but I have to questions what I was thinking when you can purchase the cords completely done for about $.55 more each.

jeffl wrote:

Now why would I want to make my own cords? Ah, so I can by more channels of course.

Why would I make my own cords? Because the sets you can buy are very bulky and are overkill for LEDs. I made some cords with Molex connectors so I can run one 4-conductor cord from the controller to an RGB set.

Big reason I make my dongles, if you use 6'/12' extension cord for the dongles (from HD, $1.88/ea) yes, you have to buy the spade lugs for them, but you get three plug taps instead of the one that comes with the LOR set, plus, LOR's dongles are only 18" long.. makes a differance if you are using it on a mega/mini-tree, fan or arches.. they actually reach most of the plugs.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Big reason I make my dongles, if you use 6'/12' extension cord for the dongles (from HD, $1.88/ea) yes, you have to buy the spade lugs for them, but you get three plug taps instead of the one that comes with the LOR set, plus, LOR's dongles are only 18" long.. makes a differance if you are using it on a mega/mini-tree, fan or arches.. they actually reach most of the plugs.

Just the other day you were concerned that 11" wasn't enough?
Now 18" is to short? there's just no pleasing some guy's:P

Say hello to Bob, Bob is living large, he's enjoying life with a generous swel... um, no, not gonna go there..

I wasnt complaining abt the 11", the wife doesn't see to either :P

the longer dongles, (I also have 2 controllers with 12' dongles) does make it easier to reach..