Light-O-Rama Forums

Pictures of NJ/PA 2010 Mini

cenote

Yeah, I really wished I would have spent some more time on sequencing it for everyone. But that's what happens when you build it on Thursday and start the mini on Friday. I think everyone was waiting to see the sequencing that Scott had done to his tree....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank Picozzi

• Aproct

• rwertz

• shfr26

shfr26 wrote:

I am sure that the pitcher's in rwertz pic 7 and 9 were lemonade, right?

How do you think we all got Dan to spill so much information!

Andy brought out the lemonade to quench Dan's thrist.

shfr26 wrote:

Since it was nice and warm you should have went with yukka's. Ever heard of them?

The Dutch indie rock band?

The urban clothing line?

Oh, I know, the vodka drink!

You win the first prize. You get to come to my house and make me some. If anybody really cares I will post the "recipe". Just get a waiver before you let them drink!!

Don't be shy. There are several variations but the basics are as follows:

Lemons and limes, cut into wedges. 7 or 8 total.

Cup of sugar. Couple pounds of ice. Vodka (1/5 - 1 gallon).

Combine all and shake for a long time (like 30 minutes!) You want the ice to pulverize the fruit.

The waiver is optional but advised.

I use 1 1/2 cups of sugar, the juice of 11 lemons, 2 lemons sliced, 1 quart of vodka, 1 gallon plastic jug, add all ingedents, fill with ice shake for 30 minutes while saying "yukka, yukka,yukka". Plastic jug for safety reasons. Southern way is to drink from jug, if you want to be proper get plastic cups. Taste just like lemonade, sorta, but has a VERY different effect . Enjoy.

Aproct wrote:

Hey guys this was for the Mini not to discuss mixed drinks....come on......

OK, I nominate Dave as the official bartender of the 2011 NJ Mini :P

But I will admit Andy's beverage was a great pick for a hot day. If I didn't have to take the wheel through Philly, I would have enjoyed several more.

Aproct wrote:

Yeah, I really wished I would have spent some more time on sequencing it for everyone. But that's what happens when you build it on Thursday and start the mini on Friday. I think everyone was waiting to see the sequencing that Scott had done to his tree....

Actually Andy, the way you ran it off the hardware utility, especially when you just did one color, gave me a much better understanding of the whole concept and what could be done with it. Well done!!

Well, it seems like I missed out yet again of another successful Mini. I will certainly get to one in the coming years...I promise.

Nevertheless, I want to thank Dan, Chuck and Andy for being so kind as to show off some of the stuff I have for sale. I heard there was a pretty intense comparison between all the floods lights. I wish I could have seen it!

Anyway, I have a little special offer to those who attended the NJ Mini. I will say again, this is ONLY for those that attended the Mini. For anyone who wants to purchase some of the stuff I have, I will pay for the shipping. Now when you create your cart in my store and go to check out, you will be charged shipping. Have no fear, I will refund you the shipping charges. To get the free shipping, when you are checking out, on the "Address" page there is a comment box. Just fill in, "I was at the NJ Mini." Andy is getting me a list of who was at the mini and I will make sure your name is on the list and refund the shipping costs. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me at greg@christmasonmanor.com.

Thanks again to the guys for showing off my stuff and hope everyone enjoyed the Mini!:cool:

I was asked by a few fellow lighting enthuasist to do a quick project.

There is now an "EPIC" video of the Mini....

now for those of you that don't know, it is a spoof of BRegals "EPIC display" video....this is what happens when a bunch of us get BORED!!!

WARNING this video is not suitable for kids. It is not hosted on LOR. If you are sensitive to foul language do not view this video:

Here is the NJ Mini link.

Feel free to add annotations! each image is 5 seconds each, please try to keep the annotations within the image.

Edit: Warning added by LOR.