• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• crabtreechristmas

• Don

• bwaldrep

Has anyone's else orders been canceled? I just say my cc statement and it says lor charged my cc. and than refund it back 5 days later? Why? Any ideas? I never canceled anything! I don't know if I should reorder my order.

Sorry to hear that. I hope they figure something out for you. I was even kinda upset that UPS doesn't deliver out my way until 6:30ish. I hope all turns out well!!!!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Has anyone's else orders been canceled? I just say my cc statement and it says lor charged my cc. and than refund it back 5 days later? Why? Any ideas? I never canceled anything! I don't know if I should reorder my order.

Did you use the TryForFree promo? They usually don't charge your card until the order is about to ship, so they may have refunded the charge on your card until your order is ready to ship.

In the past , when I used my Paypal account at check out, and the authorization for payment expires in 30 days, so when they were ready to ship, I had to authorize payment again.

I did do the try it free. See now that they refunded it, there authorization will not got through next time. I did not use PayPal. I was trying to hide the purchase from my wife! I was hoping if i bought it at the beginning of the sale, they will ship it out faster! Does anyone here from LOR know if you offer local pickup? I really don't want to wait another day, let alone another week for the order.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I did do the try it free. See now that they refunded it, there authorization will not got through next time. I did not use PayPal. I was trying to hide the purchase from my wife! I was hoping if i bought it at the beginning of the sale, they will ship it out faster! Does anyone here from LOR know if you offer local pickup? I really don't want to wait another day, let alone another week for the order.

I would send an e-mail to them here,
Orders@lightorama.com

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

:D Yea, same here...

Tim Herberger wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

:D Yea, same here...

My wife knows I'm "doing something wacky" with the Christmas lights this year, but I don't sense she understand the magnitude. She does she the "robot room" filling up with boxes, which always worries her.

My stuff arrived yesterday (I swear, the box had a glow...a very inviting peaceful look to it saying..'open me...now..'...:D...)...

I was driving home from Ft. Lauderdale, and when i talked to her on the phone she said "there's a box here for you...tell me its not more christmas light stuff..it's from something like light ram, or something like that..."...I explained it was related to that, and heard her ay to my 8 year old daughter "yea, its more christmas light stuff.."...

When I was unpacking stuff (those staticy green peanuts HAVE to go..), the kiddo came by the room singing jingle bells...

I think i work on her first in the conversion process..

So the weekend's "work" consists of:

1. 2 controllers to build

2. one rainbow flood to build

3. DC controller to set up and test with the RF

4. do some testing with the wirekat spots, compared to RFs

5. add lights to coro tree and evaluate.

6. build tomato cage tree and compare.

that should get me to noon saturday..:D

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

I did do the try it free. ... Does anyone here from LOR know if you offer local pickup? I really don't want to wait another day, let alone another week for the order.

I can't speak for LOR but the whole Try for Free promotion is based on the fact that your order does not ship immediately. They hold those orders and ship when they have the time. The non- Try for Free have the priority.

If you wanted your shipment right away you should have NOT done the Try for Free.

You can not have it both ways.

In 2 prior year attempts at try for Free my orders always shipped after the Sale period. Also I tend to order at end of sale.

Don,

LOL! Light Ram... loved that explanation!! =) Now you need to get her involved by wrapping the mini trees.. I got my wife and both kids to either wrap the lights or garlands around them to get them involved.. Their eyes lit up when they plugged them in to test..

I did the TryForFree for the four 16PC's and one DC-QC LOR boards, and four Rainbow Flood kits from Greg.. havent heard anything about the LOR shipping yet, and I told Greg I'm not in any hurry either.. so i'm sure they'll be along in a buncha weeks, which is fine with me as I have 4 more arches, 8 more minitrees to build, and a mega tree to redesign, so I have enough projects to last for a while yet..

I dont think I am looking at ordering anything else from LOR before the sale ends.. I'm buying a motorcycle also and dont want to overextend myself toooooo much...

teege

I was thinking that your order was cancelled because Dan was going to give it to you - and deliver it personally. He does lurk around in your neck of the woods...

OK, now I am pissed. I have 3 songs programmed for 3 controllers. The transmission went out in my wife's car and now I will not be able to buy the 2 more controllers as the money I have saved has to go to the car.

Is there going to be a sale in October?

Mike Arnott wrote:

OK, now I am pissed. I have 3 songs programmed for 3 controllers. The transmission went out in my wife's car and now I will not be able to buy the 2 more controllers as the money I have saved has to go to the car.

Isn't the more important question "can't your wife take the bus for a couple months?.."...(sorry, just trying to add a little levity to the situation..:P..)...

Mike Arnott wrote:

According to the email that went out today, (and prior years trends) this is the last sale of the year.

Don wrote:

Mike Arnott wrote:

According to the email that went out today, (and prior years trends) this is the last sale of the year.

Another email from LOR I never got...:P

DonFL wrote:

Another email from LOR I never got...:(

You know, if you are on the LOR lists, and these are not ending up in your spam folder, I would be calling your email provider and asking them to fix the problem. No reason you shouldn't be getting them.

Don wrote:

DonFL wrote:
Another email from LOR I never got...:(

You know, if you are on the LOR lists, and these are not ending up in your spam folder, I would be calling your email provider and asking them to fix the problem. No reason you shouldn't be getting them.
Yea, I need to do that, but their support is non-existent. Other emails from LOR make it thru..thinking maybe the auto/sale-emails look like spam?..not sure what address they originate from.

My email provider is one starting with A, ending in L, 3 letters. They are as bad as ever...