Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale

timmy

Bob Hall wrote:

Am I correct in assuming that even though you opt for the promotion, the software download will still be 'instantaneous'?

I ordered this morning and within 30 minutes or so had my key in my email.

A nice surprise was it is a 5 seat license..always thought it was one machine/user..

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• crabtreechristmas

• Don

• bwaldrep

Darryl Lambert wrote:

TJ Hvasta wrote:
There is a kit transmitter from a company in China

Isn't everything from China? ;)

Here's a link to a 500mw transmitter from HLLY. I have the 5W version way to powerful but it does work great.

Mine may have Chinese parts but I know it was assembled in the US, thanks to ChristmasInCruces :)

Honestly I bought the whole house xmtr last year and had reception, good reception all around my yard and the street and didnt lose signal until a full block away. I guess I am just lucky

DonFL wrote:

Bob Hall wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that even though you opt for the promotion, the software download will still be 'instantaneous'?

I ordered this morning and within 30 minutes or so had my key in my email.

A nice surprise was it is a 5 seat license..always thought it was one machine/user..
Don,

Thanks for that info. The 5 seat license is good to know also. I'm currently using a laptop for now temporarily until I get my other PC finished. Once that is finished, I would like to do the sequencing on that instead of this laptop.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

I just checked the Mobile Black Box 4000 website (<--) ...the transmitter is now $99.95.. I may just grab one while the price is down..

Be cautious. It is their 6000 on sale for $99.95, NOT the 4000 (now $134.95). The 6000 does not broadcast in stereo, something you may want. It does have adjustable output, something I wish my 4000 had.
Richard

Darryl Lambert wrote:

Isn't everything from China? :P

Here's a link to a 500mw transmitter from HLLY. I have the 5W version way to powerful but it does work great.

Except Alberta Oil, Alberta Moose, Alberta Trophy Deer, and other such things.

Thank God no HST here yet.

lightzilla wrote:

Thats because you guys out west got all the oil. :P

Darryl Lambert wrote:

lightzilla wrote:

Thats because you guys out west got all the oil. :P

...........yes and $1,500,000.00 plus houses with floor hockey rinks built right into the home here in Edmonton.

Did you buy any new controllers during the spring or summer sale?

I may live in Oil country up here but I do not work in that field so no controller during any sale for me this year. I did however get two controllers from a fellow Canadian so I am happy.........may not use them but I am happy.

This years lights are more important to me, but no money for them either.

lightzilla wrote:

...........yes and $1,500,000.00 plus houses with floor hockey rinks built right into the home here in Edmonton.

Same here, minus the rink, I'm just outside Toronto and you can't buy a doghouse in the city for under $350,000

3 CTB16PC's and 1 CMB16D @ the summer sale. Just don't tell the wife! :)

I may live in Oil country up here but I do not work in that field so no controller during any sale for me this year. I did however get two controllers from a fellow Canadian so I am happy.........may not use them but I am happy.
One can never have too many. If your not using them I'd be happy to give them a good home. The controllers not the Canadian!

I know what you mean. Hence the reason not to tell the wife. :D

Darryl Lambert wrote:

lightzilla wrote:

Same here, minus the rink, I'm just outside Toronto and you can't buy a doghouse in the city for under $350,000

3 CTB16PC's and 1 CMB16D @ the summer sale. Just don't tell the wife! :)

One can never have too many. If your not using them I'd be happy to give them a good home. The controllers not the Canadian!

I know what you mean. Hence the reason not to tell the wife. :D

Actually, 1 controller is a spare just in case of a malfunction at the junction.

Otherwise all controllers are to be in the display...................they're just waiting for lights.

I put myself on a spot. I have 5 or so people spread across Canada (I don't no any of them personally) making videos for me for the display.

I have singer/writers in England & North America needing me to take videos of their songs in the display..........so I need to pull this off.........to many people helping out to not go through with my special project.

It will all work out.

Canadian Tire had a sale on LEDs here in Leduc, AB and the lights were not sold out when they packed them away................so they should still be on sale when the stock comes back out in late October. $6.00 a string.........they usually are and I buy a whack of them then..............or Costco..............I need white LEDs for the two fans, and red. I have the arch/fan lights for the arch itself, I just need fan lights.

I bought the Whole House Transmitter and am satisfied with the results.
If I can see my lights then I can hear the music!
Might have to change to something else because I noticed a couple months ago someone close by is using my frequency to broadcast music!

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Change transmitters or just freqs?

I may have to get a new transmitter because the Whole House only has a few channels.

I think I will be ok for now because I don't pick-up his music until I am out of range of my house (I had my channel preset on my car radio and noticed when I was changing stations)

Terry Hurrle wrote:

Whole House 2.0 has full range of frequencys

I got one of those pieces of GARBAGE. I do not like it and I am planning on sending it back as it does not even reace across the street from my house. I even tried to placing the unit and antenna outside to no good luck.

Well, it was a tough choice. I had $600 to spend, but the catch was I had to chose between rebuilding the engine in my '72 LeMans or buying stuff from here. It looks like the LeMans will be sitting for awhile longer. I bought 2 PC card assembled controllers, Standard software and the mini mp3 director. Adding this to the PC card assembled controller I bought during the winter sale, I will be starting off with 48 channels.

So I got my delivery today.... Didn't want to wait the possible 10 weeks for delivery. This is my first purchase. Anyways I was wondering if the starter kit does not come with the software cd. I thought it was just download, but in instructions it mentions the software disc. Thanks