• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• JBullard

• Max-Paul

• rgardner518

aaron wrote:

How do you like your boxes? Thinking about do mine like those. Is it waterproof?

I wish they were hinged...but that is a lot more money...but hopefully I should not have to open it.

They have a gasket, but I guess I won't know how truly waterproof they are until they are sitting outside.

jimswinder wrote:

jimswinder.....i am loving your ideas with the enclosure, got any more pics of your boxes and how you run your wires?

thanks for the info. i am really new to this.

Duke did a much neater job than I did, though he only had 3 controllers.

See them here:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum84/16378.html

I only have a picture of my first one but hopefully the next 8 will be a LOT neater!!

Go to the first page of this post and you will see the enclosure with the wires.

If there is something specific you need to know, feel free to ask.

Did you ever think about adding a 80mm computer fan? they are 12v and you can install them on the bottom, blowing cool air in, or sucking hot air out. Or two two, one on the left bottom and one on the right bottom. one blowing cold in in and one blowing hot air out. Just a though. the boxes you are using are so water and air tight. it may be bad when it comes to heat.

Did you ever think about adding a 80mm computer fan? they are 12v and you can install them on the bottom, blowing cool air in, or sucking hot air out. Or two two, one on the left bottom and one on the right bottom. one blowing cold in in and one blowing hot air out. Just a though. the boxes you are using are so water and air tight. it may be bad when it comes to heat.

There is a picture of winders box on the first page of this thread. I think the only place you could even fit a fan is on the lid!
I think if you have not, you should close it up and run a test sequence over and over with load, and then unplug it and feel the inside to see if it even heats up?
I don't think there is a problem with such a small load you're using?
but what do i know, I'm from Hollywood.:)

rstately wrote:
I think if you have not, you should close it up and run a test sequence over and over with load, and then unplug it and feel the inside to see if it even heats up?

** I was never too worried about heat since I run all LED's. I have run my Weber tree quite extensively (96 channels) with no problems.**

I don't think there is a problem with such a small load you're using?

**None Yet**

but what do i know, I'm from Hollywood.:)

**LOL..You're stealing my lines!!**