Light-O-Rama Forums

Ok... Since no one else has asked yet... (recently)

jwilling

I been enjoying the CCR for the past few hours, and trying to figure out where to install it in the display, and I decided to wrap my flag pole with the ribbon and use the macro-mode when the revision in the software is released.

Do I understand the manual that in legacy mode you can't assign the CCR to say ID 10 and up?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jcheslin

• ChuckHutchings

• joneslights

• stachows

I configured 2 of mine last night.

I made one 20 and the second 30 so they wouldn't conflict on the 16 unit id's.

I just configured mine to channel 10 (OA) now I can work on the sequences. also has anyone else with the CCR notice that there is a slight delay or latency from the controller end of the strand to the end of the strand especially when your grid is .3 seconds or less? it will miss some triggers on the far end of the strand this is what I am seeing. no big deal for me I'll work around it

So here I am on a Saturday the wife is decorating for Halloween (I don't sequence for this..next year I will) and I am working on my CCR and sequencing for Christmas. as I stated I created the CCR to be controller ID-10 through 19 and I am updating my sequences accordingly and I was having some major issues, here's the solution, do not sequence anything above the 150 channel as the manual states 151 through 157 is macro controlling. I guess I should RTFM in more detail. I posted this in case someone else may do this. If you do any triggering between 151 and 157 the CCR will just go haywire. this took me 25 min to learn this lesson.

just thought I had to share that

LMAO....

Sorry, just read this now.... and I can't stop laughing...

More because I can see myself doing the same thing.

Scott.

So is LOR still shipping the CCR or are they finished. Any one ordered one that has not received any confirmation. Just wondering. I'm still waiting. :?

I received 3 of them last week but 2 of the 3 ribbons had "issues".

On another thread, Dan mentioned that they were now going to be unrolling each ribbon prior to shipping to ensure that it doesn't have any defects. (Prior to this, they were checking them in the coiled/zip-tied state.)

I'm sure this isn't a fast thing to do.

Does the fact that some of the CCRs "had issues" imply that storing will be a problem for us? I mean, are these things this "delicate"?

Mine are on the truck out for delivery today ... hopefully no "issues".

I don't think they are that delicate. These appear to be manufactruing defects.

As long as you don't stress them they will be fine. They would probably do best mounted to something that doesn't move and then left there. You DO NOT want to drape them in trees or anything, though. That would almost certainly cause a failure eventually.

I wonder if they are like rope light? Where you have to leave them on for a bit before unrolling/moving them. I always found with Rope light if you left it on for about 20 minutes it was always much easier to work with.

I doubt it's the same with the CCR's as they are LEDs but, the current going down the traces could heat them up a bit...

Just some food for thought anyways...

_Evan

NWSanta wrote:

I wonder if they are like rope light? Where you have to leave them on for a bit before unrolling/moving them. I always found with Rope light if you left it on for about 20 minutes it was always much easier to work with.

I doubt it's the same with the CCR's as they are LEDs but, the current going down the traces could heat them up a bit...

Just some food for thought anyways...

_Evan

My failure on one of mine was at a "cut point" between the elements. Nothing at all like rope light. Just a bad trace it looked like, that lost contact when unrolled. Rolling it back up and it made contact and worked. Received a shipping notice today that a replacemnet ribbon will arrive Thursday.

Joe2000 wrote:

So is LOR still shipping the CCR or are they finished. Any one ordered one that has not received any confirmation. Just wondering. I'm still waiting. :?

Last Wednesday 10/7 I noticed that my CC was charged. Package on the porch Friday evening. Never did receive a shipping notice. Yours might already be on the way!

can't recall the order date, but it was mid way through the sale i think. Mary send me an email that my order is in line to go out very soon. I get the feeling it will leave within a week. Two ccr's.

Has anyone heard about the update to the sequencing software, is it out, and what it looks like?

Mine arrived today -- If you send Dan at LOR an email --- he'll send a beta copy of LOR 2.5 --- its due to be released very soon. It could be me, but, having to change intensities for Macro Effects seems time consuming unless anybody knows a faster way to change this on the fly. And, I'm a bit challenged with the manual -- it doesn't seem real clear on how to use all of the Macro Options -- we need a matrix of some type. But, I did manage to get simple effects to work.