Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jwilling

Ok... Since no one else has asked yet... (recently)

So is LOR still shipping the CCR or are they finished. Any one ordered one that has not received any confirmation. Just wondering. I'm still waiting. :?

I received 3 of them last week but 2 of the 3 ribbons had "issues".

On another thread, Dan mentioned that they were now going to be unrolling each ribbon prior to shipping to ensure that it doesn't have any defects. (Prior to this, they were checking them in the coiled/zip-tied state.)

I'm sure this isn't a fast thing to do.

Does the fact that some of the CCRs "had issues" imply that storing will be a problem for us? I mean, are these things this "delicate"?

Mine are on the truck out for delivery today ... hopefully no "issues".

Hey, thank you for your replies, if feel better. I think :P

I don't think they are that delicate. These appear to be manufactruing defects.

As long as you don't stress them they will be fine. They would probably do best mounted to something that doesn't move and then left there. You DO NOT want to drape them in trees or anything, though. That would almost certainly cause a failure eventually.

I wonder if they are like rope light? Where you have to leave them on for a bit before unrolling/moving them. I always found with Rope light if you left it on for about 20 minutes it was always much easier to work with.

I doubt it's the same with the CCR's as they are LEDs but, the current going down the traces could heat them up a bit...

Just some food for thought anyways...

_Evan

NWSanta wrote:

I wonder if they are like rope light? Where you have to leave them on for a bit before unrolling/moving them. I always found with Rope light if you left it on for about 20 minutes it was always much easier to work with.

I doubt it's the same with the CCR's as they are LEDs but, the current going down the traces could heat them up a bit...

Just some food for thought anyways...

_Evan

My failure on one of mine was at a "cut point" between the elements. Nothing at all like rope light. Just a bad trace it looked like, that lost contact when unrolled. Rolling it back up and it made contact and worked. Received a shipping notice today that a replacemnet ribbon will arrive Thursday.

Joe2000 wrote:

So is LOR still shipping the CCR or are they finished. Any one ordered one that has not received any confirmation. Just wondering. I'm still waiting. :?

Last Wednesday 10/7 I noticed that my CC was charged. Package on the porch Friday evening. Never did receive a shipping notice. Yours might already be on the way!

can't recall the order date, but it was mid way through the sale i think. Mary send me an email that my order is in line to go out very soon. I get the feeling it will leave within a week. Two ccr's.

Has anyone heard about the update to the sequencing software, is it out, and what it looks like?

Still waiting to hear about mine...Orcder date was 7/15

I assume I will hear something soon....

Mine arrived today -- If you send Dan at LOR an email --- he'll send a beta copy of LOR 2.5 --- its due to be released very soon. It could be me, but, having to change intensities for Macro Effects seems time consuming unless anybody knows a faster way to change this on the fly. And, I'm a bit challenged with the manual -- it doesn't seem real clear on how to use all of the Macro Options -- we need a matrix of some type. But, I did manage to get simple effects to work.

i didnt get my order until 7/19, so looking forward to hearing when you get yours :)

WHooHOOO... Shipping notice arrived today...!!!

Should Arrive on the 15th!!!

Clock is ticking now.

WooHooo...wooo.. oh man Im feeling dizzy... ok,ok, breathe... sorry forgot to keep breathing, so excited.

Got my shipping notice also!!!

:):D:D

I ordered 7/15 too and mine are on the way now. Looking forward to a test on Monday.

I finally got my CCR on Friday. How frustrating?

Why? Because I fired up my Halloween display this weekend and my USB to LOR controller cable is tied up and in use. So I cannot play with the CCR yet.

I believe it is a LOR conspiracy to get me to buy another USB cable, which I realized would actually be a good thing to have in case I broke my current one.

Oh well the CCR is real pretty in the box, I wonder if it works?

Time will tell.

I have the same problem. I was able to play with it this weekend during the day since the halloween display is at night. It does make it tough if I want to work through my CCR issues during the week though.

It may be worth having an extra I guess. I originally had the old serial adapter and it went bad a year or two ago so I had then express ship me the USB adapter as it was when I was trying to get my Christmas light display up and running.

After 6 years of using LOR with the original serial 485 interface, I finally bought a new USB one this year. I wanted flexibility to use newer machines that might not have serial ports (actually 2 serial ports, since I also need the X-10 interface), plus having some redundancy in an essential "critical point of failure" component didn't seem like a bad thing :P

-Tim