Light-O-Rama Forums

I need a Zara Radio Guru to consult

Bowshock

friskybri wrote:

started watching it. SO excited. Made my friday night. Got the beer and my pc. yes....

I'm glad people are enjoying the tutorial. I just changed the page to add a voting module to be consistent with the other tutorials on LORsequences.com. The page hit counter is already at 53!

Tutorial is wonderful !! I still have one problem, I can't get my events to play, TTH will play when I click on the symbols. but they will not play when scheduled as Events. Any Ideal on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Tim

Did you check immediate in the events options. file play and high priority and immediate then i had no problems. The issue I have is when I use the dtmf for disconnect 88 it starts zara radio music but it mute's the wav on my main audio panel. Whats with that. i tried different tones but they all do the same thing mute the wave in my main audio panel. Found issue in tools under satellite wave was was highlighted and moved it to pc speaker and it now does not mute it.

If you want it to play between songs you can also insert it into a playlist, i am sure you done this but do you have the event type selected/and the all the days hilighted. Also make sure you have the events enabled, it is a yellow checkmark above the upcoming events box.

greg

All days are selected,Event type is checked, yellow checkmark is clicked whick turns event window white instead of gray.they are on maximum wait of 10 minutes with high priority. If I turn them to Immediate they play on top of the song that is playing at the exact time they are scheduled. I thought if you selected the maximum wait button they would play at the first break after their scheduled time. Am I wrong on that Point?

Tim

yes you are correct, maximum wait will wait till the current song at event time ends then it should play the time file pending your maximum wait time is not up, if it goes beyond the max wait time the event is simply skipped. if you set an event up using the same settings except have it play a file does that work?

your tone detection may depend on your soundcard, if you soundcard will allow loop backs it is should work without any other patches, you may need to unmute your line in channel. Also in zara make sure in options/satellite you have the input selected. if the soundcard doesn't have loop back options you may need a 1/8" to 1/8" cable from an output to an input.

as far as the event settings, in options/general make sure you have disable the events in secondary instances checked,

Greg, Thanks for All the help! The way I added the playlist Zara was looking at it as 1 big song so it could't find a stoping point. I reloaded the songs and now it WORKS!!

I don't think my soundcard will let me use DTMF tones if I loop it from output to input I get feedback through the speakers and transmitter. I tried to use the Front mic for the DTMF input but that doesn't seem to work either Scheduling a start and stop will work for Me.

Tim

Tim Dill wrote:

Greg, Thanks for All the help! The way I added the playlist Zara was looking at it as 1 big song so it could't find a stoping point. I reloaded the songs and now it WORKS!!

I don't think my soundcard will let me use DTMF tones if I loop it from output to input I get feedback through the speakers and transmitter. I tried to use the Front mic for the DTMF input but that doesn't seem to work either Scheduling a start and stop will work for Me.

Tim

I sent you a PM

WOW michael you are the man, what a fantastic selection of Zara radio tutorials, you have done a great job just as you have done in the past with your lor tutorials, a big Thanks to you and all of your helpers for the long hours you put in to this project, i really appreciate it,

Hi all,

Yesterday, I enjoyed a nice one day get away to Michigan for some R&R. Looks like we have several questions and issues, and I see a few more points of clarification that can be added to the tutorial. I will try to take time to respond to everyone today.

Tim Dill wrote:

Tutorial is wonderful !! I still have one problem, I can't get my events to play, TTH will play when I click on the symbols. but they will not play when scheduled as Events. Any Ideal on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Tim

Tim,

I have added a brief text explanation of the scheduler to the tutorial. Let us know what schedule you are trying to use for the announcements and see if any of the additional information in the tutorial is helpful.

friskybri wrote:

Did you check immediate in the events options. file play and high priority and immediate then i had no problems. The issue I have is when I use the dtmf for disconnect 88 it starts zara radio music but it mute's the wav on my main audio panel. Whats with that. i tried different tones but they all do the same thing mute the wave in my main audio panel. Found issue in tools under satellite wave was was highlighted and moved it to pc speaker and it now does not mute it.

Yes, this is the expected behavior. :shock: You identifed a behavior Zara Radio has that was completely left out of the tutorial. I have added text to the tutorial better explain the implications using DTMF.

Basically, DTMF is toggling Zara Radio between playing audio and using the satellite connection. That is the purpose of DTMF. We do not actually use a satellite connection for our computer displays unless we are using two sound cards in the computer. Since you are not actually using a different connection (sound card) for your LOR audio, this behavior seems bizarre. However, the DTMF feature is intended to connect to a different audio port on your computer, thus, it makes sense to mute that port when it is not in use to prevent accidental audio from coming through. (Ex. I use two sound cards in my system. If I play LOR and Zara at the same time, you will not hear LOR because Zara Radio has muted that input.)

Your workaround solution is correct. By changing the satellite audio in the options to PC Speaker, Zara Radio is now muting and unmuting the PC Speaker. Since you do not use the PC speaker for anything, you just don't notice it anymore.

Tim Dill wrote:

Nothing will play on maxium wait,they will only play on immediate. Also, how does the computer hear the DTMF Tones?

Zara Radio will "hear" any tone it can distiguish as long as it is on an audio line that is not muted. So, DTMF tones can come in on any line such as aux, input, mic, output, etc (does not have to be the satellite connection.)

Hey Micheal, quick question i can't seem to get the weather watcher to up date the temp and humidity i have got the exporter on and the tth files the same as the exporter file any ideas, thanks in advance and great training aid.