Light-O-Rama Forums

Orange Extension Cords use Electricity?

EmmienLightFan

At least one cup of coffee (or tea) is required in the morning before becoming functional.

I never said anything about becoming functional, in fact, i may be told to be functional anymore.

Vodka makes every cord the same color.....

Yo mean you can see the cords after drinking Vodka?

Persoanlly i think you all are living in the past. I switched to these this year and I have had no power loss issues at all.

Perhaps I should have said Dysfunctional.

You have to be dysfunctional to do this hobby. No sane person would ever try to pull off what we do.

You have to be dysfunctional to do this hobby. No sane person would ever try to pull off what we do.

ladders lights high voltage Griswold mentality. What could possibly go wrong

ladders lights high voltage Griswold mentality. What could possibly go wrong

If i dont shock myself at least twice while testing my boards, i get worried.

I never said anything about becoming functional, in fact, i may be told to be functional anymore.

Yo mean you can see the cords after drinking Vodka?

Persoanlly i think you all are living in the past. I switched to these this year and I have had no power loss issues at all.

LOL.  I remember when that got started a few years back, would be nice if we could do that.  Perhaps one day it may actually be possible, I wouldn't doubt it with the way technology keeps changing.   But many folks still believe those things are available and usable and ask about them. ROFL

Was looking at some of their other stuff they've pulled, and my wife saw I was looking at this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/iljr/?pfm=42_iljr and she thought that'd be so cool for our cats {she's a Voltron fan}.  Told he I'd never pay the price for it, not being cardboard tubes instead of wood or hardened plastic!  She thought it really existed and was ready to buy one! LOL  She thought it has to be real, because they have a video with live cats playing in one.  Had to explain it to her.  ROFLMAO

it also doubles the number of cords you have

So thats what happen to all my cords, I quite drinking 4 years ago. I would have swore the green cords were orange. :blink:  :blink:

Maybe you should check another thread. LED's effect WI-Fi power.

Yes, they do, but WiFi signals and wire gauge/power draw are two entirely different animals.  

Where one can be affected by something, another differing item will not. 

But the WiFi thread would not have nothing to do with the power draw/current or amperage drawn from a power cord unless the WiFi router/modem would be plugged into that particular cord, right alongside your controllers and Christmas lights.     And I don't believe anyone here has done that, but then again.....one never knows what someone may plug into the same circuit{s}/outlet{s} controlling their displays.   Just know *I* wouldn't do it.

But if you cut the female ends off and then plug it in - well you are gonna have a huge electric bill. Wouldn't be anything there to stop the electrons from free-flowing out that end. So if you cut and just tape the end off, be sure to point it up. That will at least slow the leakage down when it's not powered up.

I'm still trying to figure out this theory, Maybe blue cords won't pull as much as orange.

Edited by TitusCarnathan

I'm still trying to figure out this theory, Maybe blue cords won't pull as much as orange.

the problem with blue cords is when you plug in red lights the blue electrons turn them purple. And you have to set Smurf traps so they don't chew on the cords Edited by Ebuechner
  • Like 1

Im scared to check to see how much my red cords are using then.... or my bright glow in the dark yellow ones..  maybe he will give a report about how much the wireless extension cords pull also.

Im scared to check to see how much my red cords are using then.... or my bright glow in the dark yellow ones..  maybe he will give a report about how much the wireless extension cords pull also.

Haven't you heard? 

They recalled those last year in 2014 and are no longer available.    Seems folks forgot to post "Warning Signs" to NOT WALK between those wireless extension cords, quite a few folks got zapped and burned from all those electrons bouncing back and forth between them that keep them energized.   

Fortunately no deaths were reported as of yet from any of those purchased, just a lot of injuries from mild to moderate burns and electrical shock, so they were all recalled,and discontinued in 2014, also full refunds were given because they were deemed just too dangerous for use where someone may accidentally, or on purpose, get between the wireless electrical power signal and get electrocuted or burned..

So if anyone still has any, they need to return them immediately and get a full refund!

Just thought's you'd want to know since you asked about them.    As for power consumption, they were power hogs, as soon as they were plugged in, old style meters spun so fast the disc burst out and flew across the yard, rendering the old meter useless and your home powerless.  The newer digital meters ran so fast your power bill jumped $25,000+ per day.    So they weren't all that popular either.

So I'll keep the orange power cords, and all the other colors I have and use.   But no more wireless extension cords for me, just not worth the risk or power costs!

Edited by Orville

Here's one for all of you... we here in Canada (Manitoba) have been told by the local TV station that light shows cause you wi-fi to get weaker.... go figure !

( sorry not trying to hi-jack the original thread, just having my morning coffee now...)

Edited by a31ford