Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule Editor

sweible

Unfortunately the answer to your question is NO on the first part and YES on the second question.

You have to delete each one independently,.  There is no way to select all blocks and delete them at once.   Now if you want to delete everything and start over, you can delete the files it creates, weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc, these are the two files the Schedule Editor creates or updates every time you make a change to your weekly or yearly{Calendar option} or start a new schedule if they've been deleted.  The files are found in your working LOR directory where your audio, sequences, etc. are all found, they should be in the root of this directory.

It's the only way to wipe the slate without having to do it for each block within the Schedule Editor.   Would be nice if the schedule could be deleted within the program for every block or dates you may want to clear, but this is the only way I've been able to clear the entire schedule block and start over.   Just make sure the Schedule Editor is CLOSED when you delete the files, as I've had it rewrite the old .llsc files when I tried it with it open!

When I have a schedule I want to keep but use a different one temporarily I will rename the file and save it as a different name like weeksched4thjuly.lsc. Then I can build a new schedule to use and when I want to go back, I just change the name of the file back.

If there a way to Clear the Schedule Editor? Do you really have to right click and delete each and ever instance?

My question would be, why would you want to clear it? What's the reason?

My question would be, why would you want to clear it? What's the reason?

Switching from Halloween to Christmas might be a reason.

Then just change the show file in the schedule editor. No need deleting just to go back and add a new one.

Just my thoughts in saving from the horrible task of deleting each and every single day.  ;)

Then just change the show file in the schedule editor. No need deleting just to go back and add a new one.

Just my thoughts in saving from the horrible task of deleting each and every single day.  ;)

Not as simple as that.   The time changes after Halloween{at least in my area}, so you'd have to DELETE 6 days on each block utilized, then edit the last one remaining and select all the days you want the show to play at the new times as well as select the new show file{s} you want to change.   It would still require you to delete all blocks, delete the entire file from outside the Schedule Editor or "Edit" each and every block to make the change.

Therefore a way to CLEAR/DELETE ALL BLOCKS within the Schedule Editor would be a HUGE PLUS, as it is now, when times change from DST to EST in my area, this is more work than it need be, if I could just clear all the blocks that I'm going to have to edit for each section for every day and week/calendar event, then ADD in a block that covers that entire section and just select the days I want from the check off boxes, that would really make things so much easier to do in the Schedule Editor.     It's the first program I ever came across that doesn't allow multiple selection to delete areas with the Control Key and Mouse to clear everything at once.   No, it has to be deleted one block at a time and that, in my honest opinion takes more time than it should.

But we don't delete every single day, if only one day is affected, I just edit that days times and adjust all the blocks in that day, however, because you will probably get an error, you {I have too} will always have to delete any block that may overlap before you can adjust the block you want to change.   But I run multiple events in multiple blocks each and every day, so when I make a time update, I still have to delete blocks, locate new files, if a new file is warranted and change/update the time, then add in the other block with the new time changes AFTER it had been deleted.

You can't always just add in a show, you have to either edit an existing one, which may still require deleting a lot of blocks, or delete each and every block to add in the next seasons transition from Halloween to Christmas.   Just no really simple or easy way to do it.

Edited by Orville

I agree, just trying to come up with a reason. While not efficient, it doesn't take long to change scheduler. It's just so dated.

Not as simple as that.   The time changes after Halloween{at least in my area}, so you'd have to DELETE 6 days on each block utilized, then edit the last one remaining and select all the days you want the show to play at the new times as well as select the new show file{s} you want to change.   It would still require you to delete all blocks, delete the entire file from outside the Schedule Editor or "Edit" each and every block to make the change.

Therefore a way to CLEAR/DELETE ALL BLOCKS within the Schedule Editor would be a HUGE PLUS, as it is now, when times change from DST to EST in my area, this is more work than it need be, if I could just clear all the blocks that I'm going to have to edit for each section for every day and week/calendar event, then ADD in a block that covers that entire section and just select the days I want from the check off boxes, that would really make things so much easier to do in the Schedule Editor.     It's the first program I ever came across that doesn't allow multiple selection to delete areas with the Control Key and Mouse to clear everything at once.   No, it has to be deleted one block at a time and that, in my honest opinion takes more time than it should.

But we don't delete every single day, if only one day is affected, I just edit that days times and adjust all the blocks in that day, however, because you will probably get an error, you {I have too} will always have to delete any block that may overlap before you can adjust the block you want to change.   But I run multiple events in multiple blocks each and every day, so when I make a time update, I still have to delete blocks, locate new files, if a new file is warranted and change/update the time, then add in the other block with the new time changes AFTER it had been deleted.

You can't always just add in a show, you have to either edit an existing one, which may still require deleting a lot of blocks, or delete each and every block to add in the next seasons transition from Halloween to Christmas.   Just no really simple or easy way to do it.

I still don't understand that whole paragraph you wrote. You mentioned change and delete, add all over the place. You don't HAVE to delete anything.

Just change the show name and IF the time changed, just adjust it for each day. No need to delete and add this and that. If a show is already in place, just make the changes. No deleting, no adding, no overlapping of shows.

Yes, It is as simple as that.

Or go through the lengthy process of what ever was said above.

I have to go through it every year when I change over from Halloween to Christmas and the time changes, it's actually easier to DELETE the block{s}. then add in the new show schedule, otherwise I would have to edit 50+ blocks for each and every name{show file} change and 100+ time changes, therefore DELETING the block{s} are faster and more efficient for me to do.   I have a complex system set up and it's not that simple just to make changes for every single block manually, and that is the only way I could do it is by deleting the blocks and doing the new show for Christmas.   I have found no easier way to do it, changing/editing the blocks takes more time than just deleting the outside files and re-writing {adding} the entire new show in.

Edited by Orville

Orville,

Might I suggest this... 

There are 2 files in your c:\lor folder (or wherever you have lor running). The names are WEEKSCHED.LSC and YEARSCHED.LSC.

These are the 2 files used by the scheduler. My suggestion is you make one for your 1st schedule, save it and rename the files to something like WEEKSCHED.LSC.FIRST & YEARSCHED.LCS.FIRST.

Then create a 2nd schedule and save it. Also, rename those two files to something like WEEKSCHED.LSC.SEC & YEARSCHED.LCS.SEC.

When October comes around, copy WEEKSCHED.LSC.FIRST & YEARSCHED.LCS.FIRST. to WEEKSCHED.LSC & YEARSCHED.LCS and when you do your timechange, copy WEEKSCHED.LSC.SEC & YEARSCHED.LCS.SEC to WEEKSCHED.LSC & YEARSCHED.LCS  and your done. no more editing required.

Regards,

Howard

Orville,

Might I suggest this... 

There are 2 files in your c:\lor folder (or wherever you have lor running). The names are WEEKSCHED.LSC and YEARSCHED.LSC.

These are the 2 files used by the scheduler. My suggestion is you make one for your 1st schedule, save it and rename the files to something like WEEKSCHED.LSC.FIRST & YEARSCHED.LCS.FIRST.

Then create a 2nd schedule and save it. Also, rename those two files to something like WEEKSCHED.LSC.SEC & YEARSCHED.LCS.SEC.

When October comes around, copy WEEKSCHED.LSC.FIRST & YEARSCHED.LCS.FIRST. to WEEKSCHED.LSC & YEARSCHED.LCS and when you do your timechange, copy WEEKSCHED.LSC.SEC & YEARSCHED.LCS.SEC to WEEKSCHED.LSC & YEARSCHED.LCS  and your done. no more editing required.

Regards,

Howard

Now that's a great suggestion Howard, but I'd still have to do it the "hard way" because each year my show name files change to reflect the year they're for, so 2014 Halloween that would be saved in all those blocks would still require editing to change, along with other new show files I'd create when my display changes.  Hence why I stated that they way I do it is what works out the easiest for me by deleting and recreating the new show files.    If I used the same exact show every year, yes, that would work out great, but for me, I'll just have to keep doing it the way I do it.

Now that's a great suggestion Howard, but I'd still have to do it the "hard way" because each year my show name files change to reflect the year they're for, so 2014 Halloween that would be saved in all those blocks would still require editing to change, along with other new show files I'd create when my display changes.  Hence why I stated that they way I do it is what works out the easiest for me by deleting and recreating the new show files.    If I used the same exact show every year, yes, that would work out great, but for me, I'll just have to keep doing it the way I do it.

So, my solution for that would be... make the scheduled showname generic for both shows and then copy the appropriate show into the showname file like PRECHANGETIME.LSS and POSTCHANGETIME.LSS.... Copy your 2015HALLOWEEN.LSS to PRECHANGETIME.LSS and copy your 2015CHRISTMAS.LSS to POSTCHANGETIME.LSS.. In 2016, use your 2016 files and just let your scheduler use the generic filenames...

~Santas Helper

I have been helping a friend get set up for the first time. He only wanted his show to run once on the top and half of every hour. A whole 4 min each time.....I recommended he let it play longer, but I didn't win. Like a Cotton headed Ninny Muggins I completed the whole schedule before I showed him. Opps... next I had to right click and edit EVERYTHING, it sucked! Lessoned Learned.

Edited by sweible

~Santas Helper

I have been helping a friend get set up for the first time. He only wanted his show to run once on the top and half of every hour. A whole 4 min each time.....I recommended he let it play longer, but I didn't win. Like a Cotton headed Ninny Muggins I completed the whole schedule before I showed him. Opps... next I had to right click and edit EVERYTHING, it sucked! Lessoned Learned.

Yep, there is more than one way to skin a fish.

So that persons display will be dark for 26 minutes every half hour.. Not a productive use of all the money & time spent on the display. I don't see the logic in going dark for 26 minutes out of every 30, but oh well. Their loss.

The display sits with ALL LIGHT ON between show run times.

To each their own. But 4 minutes of activity and 26 minutes of static every half hour doesn't give much of a time for people to see the activity. But that's just me. Everybody has their own way.