Light-O-Rama Forums

Getting Timings Fast and Easy

jstorms

Hi Joel -

Would like a copy too please.

Thank you to you guys for putting all this together!

Vince

Vinkdragon@sbcglobal.net 

PM Sent

Joel thank you very much.

You are very welcome and I hope you find it useful.

Yup sure will. Keep in mind that you will need to create the c:\music folder (this is not the same as the normal music folder), and you  will need to save the script to this folder along with saving all of your exported labels from audacity into this folder as well. You can save those files any where you like but the commands i'm sending you will not work as written. 

If you need help creating the folder let me know. 

ehgilman@fibrant.com   If you could please. 

Noticed I had a typo on the last command it should be :

audacity2lor.pl poly.txt 3 1  >> output.txt 

Number found where operator expected at - line 1, near "txt 3"

(do you need to predeclare txt?)

Number found where operator expected at - line 1, near "3 1"

(missing operator before 1?)

This is what I get when I type it in.   I am putting a space before and after the 3 and after the 1 and after the >>.   Which one am I not seeing properly?

Number found where operator expected at - line 1, near "txt 3"

(do you need to predeclare txt?)

Number found where operator expected at - line 1, near "3 1"

(missing operator before 1?)

This is what I get when I type it in.   I am putting a space before and after the 3 and after the 1 and after the >>.   Which one am I not seeing properly?

The space before the 3 and after, same for the 1 is correct, after the >> is correct as well.   Have you looked in the polyphonic file for proper format of the file? 

Joel,  Your program sounds great. Could I get a copy Please? and Thank you in advance. todd@lasermaintenancegroup.com

The space before the 3 and after, same for the 1 is correct, after the >> is correct as well.   Have you looked in the polyphonic file for proper format of the file? 

Joel,  Your program sounds great. Could I get a copy Please? and Thank you in advance. todd@lasermaintenancegroup.com

PM Sent

Got it. Got one set of timings out of it, but then started getting an error. I sent you a PM.  I am going to mess with it some more, maybe it is me... And thank you Mr Storms for starting this post. It is very helpful.

Using Joel's file. It will give me timing marks for Poly, and onset, but I get an eror when I try to run the beat.  thanks Grinch. Joel's program is a huge help.

If you are having trouble with a file, open it with Notepad and check the file format.

For BARS, BEAT it should look something like this with a tab spaces between the columns:

1.056508     1.056508    1

3.564263     3.564263    2
6.072018     6.072018    3
8.614603     8.614603    4
11.157188  11.157188   5
Poly and Onset files should look like this with tab spaces between the columns 
7.980000     8.140000    80.000
8.190000   10.160000   43.000
8.190000     8.600000    50.000
Edited by Grinch
  • Like 1