Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar visualization wish list

equinator

What would be a nice feature to have, is the ability to add marks or some other type of user setable identification inside the sequencing grid.

I have a 3 string CCP star ontop of my ribbon tree. I prefer to have all 150 blocks of the sequencing grid on one row for morphs and such. Currently, I have 2 yellow stickies on my monitor to show me where the break points are so I don't have to count for every scene and morph I set up.

Yes, that would be a good feature. I had to chuckle when I thought of having to put stickies on the monitor.

For now, realize that SuperStar puts a mark at the beginning and end of a prop. And it should be putting a mark at the end of each CCP. Is it not putting a mark at the end of each CCP string?

Yes, there are the marks that denote the end of a ribbon, every 50 blocks.

But, say for my arches, I am using 2 ribbons for 4 arches. It would be nice to be able to mark the centers as well.

As for the CCP star, it's bizarre. One CCP string of 50 is the outter most star, the next in only uses 40, then 30, then 20, then the remaining 10 from the second string fill the center. That's where the stickies are. :)

I think I see what you are driving at Brian.

I rebuilt the viz file breaking out the star, and making an individual prop for each portion of the CCP string, placing them in a row, and using that file for the row visualization. Now, SuperStar has a white mark placed where they are wanted.

Would it be possible to have Superstar show a vertical line from the timeline down across all the "channels" listed below? I have found it tracking down to be visually hard ( maybe it is my eyes), and having a marker line showing the actual location being played would help.  Maybe "marker on/off" option under view?

Edited by htebault