Light-O-Rama Forums

Any Word Yet?

Jeff Messer

Any word on when LOR will have an update out? My time is getting close if I have to make a software change. All props made and with over 500 channels of ac LOR and 7000 channels of pixel I am ready to rock.

Jeff

I guess that's not a good thing then. Just dont understand why someone can't give us some news instead of watching folks change to another software.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

I been thinking about changing over to Joe Hinkle HLS this year if somthing is not announced soon.

Thomas

I been thinking about changing over to Joe Hinkle HLS this year if somthing is not announced soon.

Thomas

You and several other people. 

I been thinking about changing over to Joe Hinkle HLS this year if something is not announced soon.

Thomas

how does that compare to this?  is it easier or just better for RGB?

I converted my all DMX sequences to HLS last year as a test and the was surprised how it played the sequences in correct timing compared to LOR. As for everything else I hope LOR gets it together as I don't want to switch in the least.  I think HLS has some great technology but I just don't get the UI yet.

is there a price on it or is it freeware/donation system?  does it work with LOR controllers or only DMX?

Two different threads, same question, almost two weeks now and still no hint from LOR.  Did  all The admin go away and are ignoring us?   ;)

Edited by shfr26
  • Like 1

we could talk politics, that'll get their attention.  Only kidding :P

are you trying to get us banned!!

I do not understand  ... LSP is having it's problems, but they are being addressed, HLS is getting updated almost daily, nutcracker has teamed up with xlights and is getting more powerful each week. Why do we not hear a word what LOR is planning? Speaking of Nutcracker, if it wasn't for it, I would have been switching to something else long ago. Seams to me if programs like Nutcracker and ItsMeBobo programs can be written and distributed for free, LOR should at least let us in on what they are planning, if anything. Without at least some hope of 64 bit, better universe/channel numbering/renumbering and easier rgb programing I will be forced to look elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, LOR has a lot going for it but needs some updating. Just some thoughts from an old LOR user that has converted to pixels.

John

• Like 1

I promise you they see these threads daily.  I also promise you they have read them all the way through.   LOR has to keep its secrets just like any other software.   In order to have something new and fresh you cant hint at what it is or the competition can now join in.  It would be nice to hear from Dan or any of the Dev team for that matter on what is brewing behind closed doors.  We can not expect them to say much if what they are developing is cutting edge.   This happens all the time in the market.  Look at vehicles.   Ford waited till Chevy unveiled the ZL1 Camaro at 580hp let them have the lime light with a stronger car, more power.  24 hours later Ford released the specs on the new Shelby at 661 HP, it was good timing.  Do you think Ford developed that engine overnight?  Its all about having an edge over the other guys and waiting till they tell you all they have so you can trump them as the better product.   LOR and SuperStar have a lot of potential, I hope they are putting it to good use.  This is becoming a very full market with animated lighting on a upswing.  If the Devs feel its not time yet to spill the beans because they are waiting for LSP to have their big new release with Minleon then so be it.  Perhaps they are just waiting till the meet next month?

And if they wait too long, they will not have as many customers.   People need to know if "The new stuff" will handle what they plan on using in their display.  We can't wait till it's too late to get started, do you want to wait till June or so to determine what your doing with your display?

At least no one has blamed Obama  . . . . .. . .  yet!

That's just a given around here!