Light-O-Rama Forums

Does anyone know of some funny christmas Sequence Song?

RickAbel43

Who sings your version of Ding a Ling the Christmas Bell? I just listened to both Lynn Anderson and Conway Twitty on utube singing it.

Conway Twitty is the main artist listed on the CD sleeve. Don't have the CD readily available at the moment, but it was a CD that was geared more towards children than adults as there were a few other cute songs on it. Need to find it and see what the album name is.

But I think there may have been another singer listed that does the voice of Ding-A-Ling in my version, but can't say for sure until I can relocate the CD in my collection somewhere around here.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Orville

• WynsWrld98

• Linda

• dgrant

• 2 weeks later...

Im new to all this. I have 48 channels and just built a Mega tree but have major problems with sequences. cAN ANYONE HELP

• 2 weeks later...

I have:

I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas by Gayla Peevy

I Am Santa Claus by Bob Rivers

Aquaclaus by Bob Rivers

Shoppin' 'round For A Christmas Tree by Bob Rivers

Barking Jingle Bells by the Singing Dogs

Dominick The Christmas Donkey by Lou Monte

I Want An Alien For Christmas by Fountains of Wayne

Yellow Snow by Bob Rivers

I want:

The Restroom Door Said Gentlemen by Bob Rivers

Email: forums at drwiz dot net

I wish I had the balls to do "Who Put the Stump" by Bob Rivers.

Last year I did Little Town of Bethlehem by Bob Rivers

This year I'm adding Restroom Door, Going Up To Bethlehem and Jesus' Birthday - that is if I get them all finished.

I did "Frosty the Snowman" by the Ventures. It starts off sounding just like "Tequila". It usually gets a smile when people realize it's a Christmas song.

I did "Frosty the Snowman" by the Ventures. It starts off sounding just like "Tequila". It usually gets a smile when people realize it's a Christmas song.

Give a listen to Frosty by the Jack Frost Band, and We Three Kings by the Ventures if you're looking for something a little different.

Have also used "Wreck the Mall" in my display for the last few years. Considering adding "Parking Spaces" for this year, if I feel like doing it. Still debating with myself on this one. Have also been considering the 12 Redneck Days of Christmas, but have no idea who the artist of this one is, someone sent it to me a couple years ago. And then I've got a lot I could put in, but would have to be a midnight to 3am show since they are all adult themed songs, definitely not kid friendly. :o<_<:blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded mp3 of Bob Rivers 12 Pains of Christmas, created a sequence which previews fine on computer with sound, burn it to an SD card and the sequence is skipped. I went as far to create a simple sequence with all channels on with the MP3 and the sequence still gets skipped in the light show. Anyone have this song in their sequence and if so where did you obtain the MP3 file? The one I have isn't working.

I downloaded mp3 of Bob Rivers 12 Pains of Christmas, created a sequence which previews fine on computer with sound, burn it to an SD card and the sequence is skipped. I went as far to create a simple sequence with all channels on with the MP3 and the sequence still gets skipped in the light show. Anyone have this song in their sequence and if so where did you obtain the MP3 file? The one I have isn't working.

If the MP3 IS NOT in at a minimum 128kbps {I use 192kbps myself and works fine} and/or IS NOT in CBR {Constant Bit Rate}, but VBR {Variable Bit Rate, the DIrector units will skip that sequence because it can't read the MP3 file properly. It may/may not work in the SE, in the SE it usually will not stay in time with any timing marks and will be erratic.

Check the MP3, convert to 128kbps and CBR and it should work from there.

You will need a program like Audacity or some type of Audio Editor to convert the MP3 to the correct format for use with any of the Director units.

I had this problem when I first started, if the MP3 was VBR and over 192kbps, it was skipped, sometimes it would even stop my show dead in its tracks when it encountered a sequence with a VBR MP3 and my display would be dark. Once I converted the MP3 to what the Director would use, no further problems..

The 12 Days of Christmas mp3 I downloaded from Amazon is 256kbps. When I go to the Details tab on the file the only info under audio is the bit rate, I see nothing about constant or variable bit rate so how do I check that for a file?

The 12 Days of Christmas mp3 I downloaded from Amazon is 256kbps. When I go to the Details tab on the file the only info under audio is the bit rate, I see nothing about constant or variable bit rate so how do I check that for a file?

The only way I have been able to verify my files have been changed is with a program, it's FREE, called MP3Tag, in it you can see everything about the MP3, change the info in it, but can't change the bit rate or VBR, you need an audio editor like Audacity for that, which may be able to tell you that info as well. I don't use it, so I can't say for sure.

You can download MP3 Tag here:

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Another FREE program is MP3Gain, which can help to keep all your MP3's the same volume or at least very close.

You can download MP3Gain here:

http://mp3gain.sourc...et/download.php

You want the MP3Gain exe file at the very top of the list.

Both are very easy to use, and both are absolutely FREE!

And you can download the Audacity audio editor here: {Which is also FREE}

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Here's a screen shot of MP3Tag showing the CBR {you have to check the VBR in options to see this}:

MP3Tag Screen Shot showing MP3 file information.

{Post edited to add screen shot}

Edited by Orville

The only way I have been able to verify my files have been changed is with a program, it's FREE, called MP3Tag, in it you can see everything about the MP3, change the info in it, but can't change the bit rate or VBR, you need an audio editor like Audacity for that, which may be able to tell you that info as well. I don't use it, so I can't say for sure.

You can download MP3 Tag here:

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Another FREE program is MP3Gain, which can help to keep all your MP3's the same volume or at least very close.

You can download MP3Gain here:

http://mp3gain.sourc...et/download.php

You want the MP3Gain exe file at the very top of the list.

Both are very easy to use, and both are absolutely FREE!

And you can download the Audacity audio editor here: {Which is also FREE}

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Here's a screen shot of MP3Tag showing the CBR {you have to check the VBR in options to see this}:

MP3Tag Screen Shot showing MP3 file information.

{Post edited to add screen shot}

Thanks. I downloaded the MP3Tag program, I do a properties on the Bob Rivers 12 Pains MP3 I'm having problems with and don't see any info about VBR or CBR, here's what it shows:

MPEG 1 Layer III

Version: MPEG 1 Layer III

Bitrate: 256

Frequency: 44100

Mode: Stereo

Length: 03:42 (222)

the rest of the info on the properties dialog is artist/album, size, length, general stuff, nothing about CBR/VBR.

I also opened the "Extended Tags" dialog box on the file and it gives no useful info re: VBR/CBR.

What am I missing? How are you seeing VBR or CBR with MP3Tag?

Oops, I missed the screen shot you added, I turned on the VBR column and the Bob Rivers 12 Pains MP3 is CBR. Actually I'm having problems with 3 MP3s not working, 2 of them are 256kbps (two Bob Rivers MP3s), another MP3 is 320kbps, all are CBR. I don't understand what is unique about them. Should I try and convert them to WAV files and try them in the show as WAV files? I have about 40 sequences in my show, everything works except for these 3 MP3s, would love to know what's unique to try and know pattern before I burn SD card only to find out some of the MP3s that play fine with the LOR software on PC don't work in my LOR1602MP3. Thanks for the help.