Light-O-Rama Forums
Guest guest

How do you convince wife that you need more controllers?

Guest guest

Whitey,

My wife was the one that pointed out the Carson Williams display on TV and asked me to try and make it happen here. She was a little concerned at the cost, but after comparing the 2005 and 2006 electric bills she's a believer now too!:laughing::waycool::shock:

jeff

Guest guest

Go ahead and buy them..........It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Guest guest

I also forgot. Have them delivered to you at work.

Guest guest

haha I convinced my parents to allow me to get two more than planned because i told them that it would lower the electric bill...which was 100% true. Originally without LOR the bill was about $200 more than the normal bill, but with LOR it was only $50 more then the normal bill which isn't bad at all. Thats about 75% cheaper with LOR in the long run!

Guest guest

at least we are spending our money on something good,and not just for us, but for eveyone around us. my wife may get sick of hearing christmas songs and tired of hearing me talk about what i could do, but in the end she always says that i could be spending money on something that i dont need or that could get me into trouble.

Guest guest

dave wrote:

My wife may get sick of hearing christmas songs...

You know it's funny my wife was sick of hearing the same 10 seconds of songs over and over and over again. Then at our local Mini Plus in Ohio someone said he uses headphones to REALLY hear every detail. I thought - Oh yeah, headphones. Hmmm.

Brain cramp! :]

Guest guest

i use headphones when i dj and i dont like to use them when i dont have too. trust me ive been yelled at many times to put them on. but i am man hear me roar. lol

Guest guest

I like that idea ... buy your wife headphones ... Why should she be destubring the music.

Guest guest

:laughing::laughing::laughing: well it dont always work that way. it doesnt help that i have a powerful sound system for my computer. once again i am man i need more power.

Guest guest

Power .. Sounds like you need a new fuse box or at less a sub-panel.

You may be hooked on PC when you are in the hotel bar drinking ‘adult’ beverages and posting on PC.

Guest guest

not a big drinker but really enjoy it here

Guest guest

ya know the funny thing is i have been looking on lor and going through want im going to buy when the sale starts the last few days and this post was brought up

Guest guest

Easy. I have a slush fund for gadgets. She has a slush fund for (?). Mine is managed better (ie) it has slush in it most of the time.

I need a bigger yard. I can't seem to convince her of same... Any ideas on that one?

Guest guest

I think I'm about to sell an old vintage Trixon drum set I've had for 30 years. If the deal goes through, I smell another 16 channels in my future.

Guest guest

Well for me for the past month I haven't talked xmas to her. I did all my hunny dues listed for the house with no complaints, and the rest has been and still kissing her butt so she cant say no! No but really, I think she is starting to love it as i do, just not the putting it up or down part. so i started small and ask to get 3. and she was cool with it. sooooooooooooooooo, 3 for now but i really want to add 5 more. Got some work ahead of me.:laughing:

Guest guest

Yesterday, I was discussing the possibility of hooking channels to relays, and using the relays to burn Estes model rocket igniters. If you used the igniters in the place of fuses in 4th of July morters, you could launch fireworks to music. It would take a lot of practice, and a lot of morters to get the timing right.

Me buying more controllers is the least of her worries...

(Set the bar very high to make it look like you are settling for much less)

Guest guest

derrickb wrote:

Yesterday, I was discussing the possibility of hooking channels to relays, and using the relays to burn Estes model rocket igniters. If you used the igniters in the place of fuses in 4th of July morters, you could launch fireworks to music. It would take a lot of practice, and a lot of morters to get the timing right.

AWSOME …

Guest guest

clee wrote:

I also forgot. Have them delivered to you at work.

I let the UPS delivery guy tell her about the new controller! :]

Guest guest

Small world , Just tell her it makes you happy, almost as happy as she makes you.:)

Works for me. I hope she buys it. Just make sure the bills are paid first. :)

Mike

Guest guest

derrickb wrote:

Derrick,

A couple of years ago we attempted fireworks synchronized to music using Estes ignitors and a manually controlled (homemade) switch panel. We had to throw the switch at the right time, so it wasn't computer controlled. We had mixed results, but we learned some things.

Trying to "stuff" the ignitor in place of the fuse is tricky, you have to make sure the end with the pyrogen (black stuff on the end) is in good contact with the gun powder. You also have to make sure you have good clips on the leads, our main problem was a bad clip system that did'nt make real good contact with the leads. About 30% of the fireworks failed to ignite. Also, the time between throwing the switch to the time it actually ignites has a fair amount of variance in it, but generally you have to apply power about 0.5 to 1 second before you actually want it to ignite. Using a good 12V source (as opposed to the small Estes 6V launchers) makes for quicker and more reliable ignition.

I've been experimenting with small pieces of Nichrome wire in place of the Estes igniter with pretty good results. It's alot cheaper than the 60 cents or so you pay for each Estes igniter.