Light-O-Rama Forums

License Renewal

mcorbo

I have an advanced license that is over a year old. I currently do not have any CCR's, but plan on adding them in the next year or 2.

From what I understand, in order to get the S3 software, it looks like I have 2 options:

1) purchase a License Renewal for $29.95

2) purchase a 2_CCR superstar license for $45.95 that will also renew my license for LOR software so that I can upgrade to S3

Am I correct? So by purchasing the superstar license for an additional $16.00 over the renewal price, I can get an license renewal for LOR and the superstar software for future use, rather than pay the additional $45.95 for superstar when I purchase CCR's?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Don

• Richard Hamilton

• Mike Manzara

• LOR Staff

Top Posters In This Topic

mcorbo wrote:

I have an advanced license that is over a year old. I currently do not have any CCR's, but plan on adding them in the next year or 2.

From what I understand, in order to get the S3 software, it looks like I have 2 options:

2) purchase a 2_CCR superstar license for $45.95 that will also renew my license for LOR software so that I can upgrade to S3

Am I correct? So by purchasing the superstar license for an additional $16.00 over the renewal price, I can get an license renewal for LOR and the superstar software for future use, rather than pay the additional $45.95 for superstar when I purchase CCR's?

Exactly what I did last night. Seems to be the wisest choice. Can then upgrade to more CCRs as needed later.

Got license renewal and added Super Star last night and paid by Pay Pal ($179.00).

Now big problem for now.

It appears that since my Pay Pal email (personal email) is different than my registered LOR email (business email), the license update process did not complete (except the paid part), (have received over 60 email messages re: email mismatch). I used my registered email on purchase. LOR customer support closed for weekend (no voice mail due to error on their system). No new licnese key!

License retreval only shows original 2.9 license.

Based on my experiance for now unless your Pay Pal email is the same as your "official" LOR registered email, DON'T use Pay Pal.

I'll spend the weekend playing with 3.0 (demo). and reading the 540 page manual. (can't sequence as demo only allows protected saves).

jerrymac wrote:

Got license renewal and added Super Star last night and paid by Pay Pal ($179.00).

Now big problem for now.

It appears that since my Pay Pal email (personal email) is different than my registered LOR email (business email), the license update process did not complete (except the paid part), (have received over 60 email messages re: email mismatch). I used my registered email on purchase. LOR customer support closed for weekend (no voice mail due to error on their system). No new licnese key!

Based on my experiance for now unless your Pay Pal email is the same as your "official" LOR registered email, DON'T use Pay Pal.

I'll spend the weekend playing with 3.0 (demo). and reading the 540 page manual. (can't sequence as demo only allows protected saves).

Sorry about the problem. Our automated system only knows how to match up licenses by email address. A few things:

(1) If you can't get through to LOR Customer Support, please send me (bob@lightorama.com) your two email addresses (the one you used to purchase your license and the one you used to purchase your renewal), and I'll see if there's anything I can do about it.

(2) I'm concerned about this: "have received over 60 email messages re: email mismatch". Could you please tell me more about this? Did you get them all in a short period of time? Do you keep getting more and more? Do they all say the same thing? Could you forward me (again, bob@lightorama.com) a copy of one?

(3) Just to be clear: "Protected saves" are something entirely different than what the demo does. You can sequence with the demo. What will happen is that it will encrypt your sequences. Again, this is different than the new "protected sequences" feature.

The only difference you're likely to notice with an encrypted sequence (rather than a normal sequence) is that if you're using the sequence on a different computer than it was originally encrypted on, and you try to do a copy and paste, it will not allow you to. Other than that there will be nothing different about an encrypted sequence (from the point of view of use within LOR programs, that is; third party tools likely will not work on encrypted sequences).

Plus, after you activate your license, if you resave an encrypted sequence using the same machine it was originally encrypted on, it will magically unencrypt itself.

bob wrote:

jerrymac wrote:

Now big problem for now. 

It appears that since my Pay Pal email (personal email) is different than my registered LOR email (business email), the license update process did not complete (except the paid part), (have received over 60 email messages re: email mismatch).  I used my registered email on purchase.  LOR customer support closed for weekend (no voice mail due to error on their system).   No new licnese key!

Based on my experiance for now unless your Pay Pal email is the same as your "official" LOR  registered email, DON'T use Pay Pal.

Sorry about the problem.  Our automated system only knows how to match up licenses by email address.  A few things:

(1) If you can't get through to LOR Customer Support, please send me (bob@lightorama.com) your two email addresses (the one you used to purchase your license and the one you used to purchase your renewal), and I'll see if there's anything I can do about it.

(2) I'm concerned about this: "have received over 60 email messages re: email mismatch".  Could you please tell me more about this? Did you get them all in a short period of time? Do you keep getting more and more? Do they all say the same thing? Could you forward me (again, bob@lightorama.com) a copy of one?

(3) Just to be clear: "Protected saves" are something entirely different than what the demo does.  You can sequence with the demo.  What will happen is that it will encrypt your sequences.  Again, this is different than the new "protected sequences" feature.

The only difference you're likely to notice with an encrypted sequence (rather than a normal sequence) is that if you're using the sequence on a different computer than it was originally encrypted on, and you try to do a copy and paste, it will not allow you to.  Other than that there will be nothing different about an encrypted sequence (from the point of view of use within LOR programs, that is; third party tools likely will not work on encrypted sequences).

Plus, after you activate your license, if you resave an encrypted sequence using the same machine it was originally encrypted on, it will magically unencrypt itself.

Bob I will forward the email on to you, I think I am up to about 75 emails now.

mcorbo wrote:

I was just about to do the upgrade, but I get this message on the SuperStar software page:

S3 Software Suite is required to use this product. This is an addon to S3!

Does this mean I have to purchase both the S3 license upgrade for $30, and the SuperStar software for $80(4 CCR)?

Ditto;
Do we need to do both, upgrade to S3 AND purchase Superstar?
ace_master wrote:

mcorbo wrote:

2) purchase a 2_CCR superstar  license for $45.95 that will also renew my license for LOR software so that I can upgrade to S3

I was just about to do the upgrade, but I get this message on the SuperStar software page: 

S3 Software Suite is required to use  this product. This is an addon  to S3!

Does this mean I have to purchase both the S3 license upgrade for $30, and the SuperStar software for $80(4 CCR)?

ace_master wrote:

Purchasing the 4_CCR license level will also renew your LOR Software License. So, in your specific case, you need only purchase once.

You should only have to do the option that is for S3 and Superstar.

Basically as the sales page is now...the selection second to the bottom.

This will give you the S3 and the level of Superstar that you select.

Chuck

wmilkie wrote:

Ditto;
Do we need to do both, upgrade to S3 AND purchase Superstar?

See my post (and others in this thread.)

Well, I must be dumber than a rock, because(although I believe you) I don't see the option for

"S3 and Superstar"

I see one or the other, but not both.

No need to keep re-hashing this, I'll figure it out.
Thanks for the help thoughjavascript:emoticon(':)',%20'images/emoticons/smile.gif')
cmoore60 wrote:

You should only have to do the option that is for S3 and Superstar.

Basically as the sales page is now...the selection second to the bottom.

This will give you the S3 and the level of Superstar that you select.

Chuck
:P

Don wrote:

ace_master wrote:

Purchasing the 4_CCR license level will also renew your LOR Software License. So, in your specific case, you need only purchase once.

Thank you for clarification on that :P

Sorry about the problem.  Our automated system only knows how to match up licenses by email address.  A few things:

Thanks Bob, I barely pushed send and you got me going. Outstanding support as usual.

Bob Fixed the problem quicker than I would have thought any company would have. 10:30 at night WOW.
Thanks BOB !!!!!

james morris wrote:

i have a free s3 upgrade comming i want to get the superstar software what is the cost im a little lost

Start here: http://store.lightorama.com/sopr.html

1) Verify your license.
2) If you do not have a SuperStar license (as shown in the license verification) then you will want to purchase a SS license. http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html

Why donesn't Dan just add a button for those of us with advanced level S2 software. would be a lot less confusing than order a license renewal then order Superstar that i am not interested in at this time. sounds like an oversell ing issue.