Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 Update?

Robert Burton

Guest guest

Ron Amedee wrote:

ORVILLE
My finger was pointing to the "ignor" button on you!!!
Then you post this!!! You need to get a job soon!!!
I've actually enjoyed this post, I might hire you if you move to Louisiana but you would have to stay off LOR except at lunch and every 15 minute break once an hour ...(so I can get on to see what I missed) Probally wouldn't be no post because you would now be workin'.

Ron,

Sometimes I think the ignore button should work on ourselves, sometimes I should just "ignore myself"! LOL

And I DO AGREE, I DO NEED A JOB!!! Got a couple in the works, but with the way my luck holds out, probably get blown off again (for work that is), but I am trying! Just got blown off the other day because the company wanted someone that had current experience in electronic assembly, like my 40+ years in the industry doesn't and DID NOT account for anything. That did annoy me quite a bit.

Got another one I should be hearing back about hopefully Friday sometime, but we'll see.

As for forums, when I work, I'm NOT usually on the internet unless it is for doing research for parts for the company or in the case of warehouse work, using the UPS, FEDEX site for shipping products. I would only access the 'net at break times or lunch for looking at and reading forums, if even then, very rare for me, I'm usually outside listening to the radio in my car or chatting with other co-workers, usually about light displays. LOL

Believe me, if I could afford to LEAVE Florida and move, Louisianna wouldn't be a bad choice, I do, believe it or not, have some friends that live in the area and I'm not 100%, but may even still have some relatives living there.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• caniac

• TitusCarnathan

• Denise Brunner

I do need someone with electronics background..Got mine with uncle sam in 78 If things get that bad take a NICET test in fire alarm and special hazards and I would deffinatly consider you ...Keep your head high and spirits alive!!!

Orville wrote:

Louisianna wouldn't be a bad choice, I do, believe it or not, have some friends that live in the area and I'm not 100%, but may even still have some relatives living there.

how could you forget about them "kissin' cousins"?!?!?! :shock:

Jim
After third it does'nt count!!! Don't you know nuthin'
Watch Swamp People on Discovery Channel.
Thats like saying everyone from up north is Mafia

Guest guest

Ron Amedee wrote:

I do need someone with electronics background..Got mine with uncle sam in 78 If things get that bad take a NICET test in fire alarm and special hazards and I would deffinatly consider you ...Keep your head high and spirits alive!!!

I will. may check into that NICET TEST, not familiar with that. My electronics background started at 6 years old when my dad would be building stuff in the garage and I'd always be asking and probably driving him nuts asking why you doin' that? or whatcha' buildin'? and a million other questions.

Finally he sat me down and actually started teaching me to solder and by the time I was 7 years old I was building my own little electronic projects. usually blinky light things for Halloween or Christmas using battery operated light bulbs, which killed batteries really fast too. LOL

I was building "Star Trek" phasers LONG before Star Trek came about, just didn't look like the ones in Star Trek, ya know, kids and their imaginations. I had phasers, lasers, masers and I have no idea what other names we gave these light up toys I'd build for the other kids in the neighborhood to play "war" with or use as part of a prop for a school play or Halloween costume.

BTW: I have had a lot of HAZMAT training since I have worked with a lot of different materials that are extremely hazardous and dangerous. Had to take quite a few company supplied courses on how to dispose of them, treatment in case of contact and a host of other things associated with such materials. Albeit, it's been quite a long while now since I was last certified in hazmat materials and the handling of them.

Ron Amedee wrote:

Jim
Don't you know nuthin'

You have to ask???

Thought I had proved that over and over and over and over...

Okay George...there's your cue... :P

Guest guest

Ron Amedee wrote:

After third it does'nt count!!! Don't you know nuthin'
Watch Swamp People on Discovery Channel.

I think Jim's been reading too many Jeff Foxworthy Redneck books about "Southerner's!":P

Ron Amedee wrote:
Thats like saying everyone from up north is Mafia

What? You mean they aren't?:shock:

jimswinder wrote:

wmilkie wrote:
I don't see the download button anywhere

Wasn't it the BLUE pill in 'The Matrix' which let you stay in the wild life of the computer animation?

Orville wrote:

Ron Amedee wrote:
Maybe S10 will have a drop box for post that stray off topic!!!!

It has that and even auto-ignores those people it senses you don't want to read their posts! It even goes as far as adding and removing friends from your forum list depending on if you're p.o.ed at them or not!:shock:

It will even e-mail LORAdmin immediately when topics get overly hostile and censor those posts automatically for them so they can continue to work on all these super secret upgrades, as well as know of any issues on the forums between users,

It will even go as far as ban a user if it senses their posts are getting uncivilized, depending on how and what it seenses, this could be anywhere from a time out in a corner for a week, a month or permanently banned from all forums.

It even goes as far as shutting down their controllers and other display operations until they can learn to behave themselves in a public forum. when it senses they have learned their less everything will work again.

In the above, it also prevents them from buying anything from any site that sells LOR products, so they can't work their way around the banned issue and the inactive controllers and other LOR items. Even if they buy one from another person, as soon as it is connected, the auto-sense will shut it down under the pre-listed diagnoses.

[align=left]It will also have not only a a SPELL CHECKER, but a GRAMMATICAL ERROR CHECKER so we don't keep having all these posts littered with incorrect spelling and grammatical errors. So the EDIT option would no longer be needed!:shock:[/align]

[align=center]

So who is ready to place their order for S10 for 4014?

[/align]
dang, that is probably code name "Caniac".

So does anyone remember what this thread is about?... Oh Yeah S3 Update? So whats the deal, when are you Beta testers going to be happy with it so the rest of us can get ahold of it?:D

kzaas wrote:

So does anyone remember what this thread is about?... Oh Yeah S3 Update? So whats the deal, when are you Beta testers going to be happy with it so the rest of us can get ahold of it?:D
after all the hard work, blood sweat and tears (ok mostly tears and those were tears of laughter) we have put in to derail this thread you dare to bring it back on topic!!!

Well we are all waiting on news and there is a good bit of time before we need to get to work on our next shows so in the absence of such (news) it sorta kills time and breaks up the monotony.

Ok, back to the question at hand...
S3 Update?
Dealing with a smaller budget for my "Light Show" this year and really need to know where my pennies are going this year. REALLY would like a better visualizer. I really think that is the first thing to be looked at. Most newbies aren't going to be dealing with CCR's yet.(wish I could, but can't afford)
??????
Robert

Robert Burton wrote:

Ok, back to the question at hand...
S3 Update?
Dealing with a smaller budget for my "Light Show" this year and really need to know where my pennies are going this year. REALLY would like a better visualizer. I really think that is the first thing to be looked at. Most newbies aren't going to be dealing with CCR's yet.(wish I could, but can't afford)
??????
Robert

Just a wild guess here ... but considering we've seen advertisements in the PlanetChristmas magazine showing us some new products that are going to be revealed at the ChristmasExpo, one might expect the software to be revealed there as well.

(And, for the record, I have zero inside information on this.)

kzaas wrote:

I'm happy with it. : )

does anybody know how much the upgrade will cost for the addition of the superstar software to advanced licence of lor

caniac wrote:

... there is a good bit of time before we need to get to work on our next shows...

You're joking, right? It's fricking May already and you haven't started sequencing yet? Must be nice...