• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CLD Kevin

• Austen

• boborino

• Thejones

Cracker wrote:

I dont know what I got myself into by posting the videos on youtube! I've always done it before and no bid deal. But today my views went from 1,500 to 60,000...its on a bunch of websites and now I'm getting PM's (through youtube) from local TV stations and NHK (Japan Broadcasting) wants to introduce my video as one of the interesting video from foreign countries.

What the **** happen?? :shock:

You were greenlit on Fark.com's mainpage yesterday! It got you 15,000 views and tons of links.

http://fark.com/go/5726376

Woo hooo!

great job on the sequencing!

jerrymac wrote:

Cracker wrote:
..................This year may (just may) be the last for this type of show. ................................. NO MORE LADDERS!

This would be a great loss to the creativity of the community. There are a number of very innovative individuals that push us all forward and upward (yourself included). For those of us (myself included) that have some, limited talent but are not as good at conceptualizing new innovations, we look to you to break the ice for us.

I agree with jerrymac. It does take a ton of time to do these displays, but when its up, and you sit back and watch not only the display itself but the joy people get from it, it is well worth it. I would be sad to not see this kind of display next year from you. You improve every year and it truly is amazing.

Try to convince the other members of your household to let you keep it up. :P

Wow Kevin.. 20 bags! We went through around 9 150+ piece bags and an extra large tootsie roll bag. My son had to make a run for more candy. I wish I could have been home to see it. Neighbors down the street said they didn't go through near as many because everyone was too scared to go to their house! HA.. maybe we make it too cute :P

That's the kind of reaction we all hope for when putting up these displays. We love the hobby, the challenge, the comments, and the fun of expressing ourselves through our hobby.

Let us know when they call you for a Letterman appearance!

437k hits.. truly amazing! Mine can be barely classed as a cheap copy.. What's Garth and Wayne say? "We're Not Worthy!!!" :D

Kevin, you are an innovator, a role model and a muse, all rolled into one. You're right up there with those that started this hobby. Take your bows proudly! Bravo!!

TJ Hvasta wrote:

437k hits.. truly amazing! Mine can be barely classed as a cheap copy.. What's Garth and Wayne say? "We're Not Worthy!!!" :D

Kevin, you are an innovator, a role model and a muse, all rolled into one. You're right up there with those that started this hobby. Take your bows proudly! Bravo!!

Thank you for the kind words. You all are too nice and very helpful with a solution when I ran into problems. Have you read any of the youtube comments? Some people are seriously whacked in the head! 90% are great comments....the other 10%...I have no words to express. And they are saying its fake...CG. I don't know why I read them :?

Amazingmg wrote:

Yes, I did see some of the stupid comments on youtube!

Just think, they probably vote too!

Some of them vote..that's a scary thot!!

Kev, those comments that are whacked were made by those dropped, many times, as babies.. Explains a lot! LOL

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Amazingmg wrote:
Yes, I did see some of the stupid comments on youtube!

Just think, they probably vote too!

Some of them vote..that's a scary thot!!

Kev, those comments that are whacked were made by those dropped, many times, as babies.. Explains a lot! LOL

Not just dropped.. But clearly thrown against a wall.

Richard,

You did a great job. I am your neighbor to the South from Odessa. I am glad to see other Texans getting into LOR!

600K views and counting... WOW... I can't seem to get over 2K... great Job... did you advertise your videos? The local news came out here and did a live feed from my yard, but yet still under 2K views... but your Display was pretty awesome! you deserve it. Congrats again!

Thejones wrote:

600K views and counting... WOW... I can't seem to get over 2K... great Job... did you advertise your videos? The local news came out here and did a live feed from my yard, but yet still under 2K views... but your Display was pretty awesome! you deserve it. Congrats again!

First, I wanted to say I really liked your display. You did a FANtastic job! I love rock music. The Black Eyed Peas thing is my kids music.

No, I didn’t advertise. I didn’t want that type of attention because first, I didn’t want a bunch of strangers in the neighborhood…as my neighbors would agree. And second, I didn’t want anything to get stolen. All I did was post it on my FB so my friends and family could see it. I didn’t contact any news source or even feature the video on youtube. But a lot of my FB friends did post the videos on their FB and I’m guessing their friends did the same, and so on….so maybe that’s how it started. Youtube showed at the beginning most of the hits were coming from FB. Then it went on fank.com, fazed.net, smosh.com, ect. ect.

I received an email from youtube this morning….

#21 Most Discussed (This Week)

#86 Most Viewed (This Week)

#39 Top Favorite (This Month)

#9 Top Favorite (This Week)

Thriller 711,000+ views as of this morning.

I spend all day yesterday tearing down my display (about 2/3 done)…it was 95 degrees…and I was thinking to myself as I was sweating to death…I’m never doing this again!

Now I'm sick...I think from over-heating!

Cracker wrote:

First, I wanted to say I really liked your display. You did a FANtastic job! I love rock music. The Black Eyed Peas thing is my kids music.

I spend all day yesterday tearing down my display (about 2/3 done)…it was 95 degrees…and I was thinking to myself as I was sweating to death…I’m never doing this again!

Now I'm sick...I think from over-heating!

Thanks

I know that feeling! I took my entire display down on Monday, (took 5 hours) pulled out 25 18 gallon tubs of christmas lights and extention cords from the attic, and then went and played a softball game that night..... and my back felt it the next day!

Cracker wrote:

That is awesome... #86 for the week with that many hits.... I wonder what #1 recieved?? I bet if you would have done a justin bieber song you would have been #1!!:D

Thejones wrote:

Cracker wrote:

That is awesome... #86 for the week with that many hits.... I wonder what #1 recieved?? I bet if you would have done a justin bieber song you would have been #1!!:D

PLEASE.. Don't do Justin Bieber.. That would ruin such an amazing display! You picked the right songs..

Thejones wrote:

I wonder what #1 recieved??

For the week...6.8 million in 5 days !!! :shock::shock:

Katy Perry new video Firework

I love the ones that think it's fake. I was thinking about making a video showing the screen scrolling and split screen showing the faces moving.. but then I thought... I know it's real... so who cares what they think!