Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale

timmy

LightORamaDan wrote:

Once we know everything about the sale we setup a sale page and put a link on the home page.

This year the sale will start July 1 and run until July 14. We will have more information in about a week.

Dan

Hey Ed, here's your Que, post away.:)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• crabtreechristmas

• Don

• bwaldrep

LightORamaDan wrote:

Once we know everything about the sale we setup a sale page and put a link on the home page.

This year the sale will start July 1 and run until July 14. Wewill have more information in about a week.

Dan

Of course, as luck has it, I'll be on vacation from the 1st thru the 5th...is there ever a point where there is limited stock and one might miss out on sale prices, or is it as long as I order by the 14th, I get the sale price, in stock or not?

This sale is never the crazy fire sale type like the clearance sale. As long as you order during the dates, you're good.

Now, they sometimes also have an incentive to not request your box be sent right away. In the past they've given away controllers, computers etc to winners in the group of people that said it was ok to ship later. You'll get them in plenty of time for the season, but a good way of them dealing with the number of orders.

My 50th birthday falls in that time frame. Maybe Dan will send me a present.

My birthday falls on Dec 25. I always hated that so I told everyone that it was on June 25. Now that I have gone off the deep end with Christmas stuff I have figured what the heck its my birthday anyway besides the fact that we celebrate Christmas for more important reasons.

So I would sure like Dan to send me a Birthday / Christmas present.

I turn 50 on the 20th of Feb 2011, so thinking the special should be "turning 50 in 2010 or within 60 days of Christmas Day"....gets you..well...50% off..of course. Has a nice ring to it..:D

On a serious note, as I decide how much I'm going to buy during the summer sale for my first foray into LOR Christmas fun, I wanted to make sure I understood the software prices if purchased with a controller..part of a starter package.

The "starter package", when purchased with a controller offers the advanced package for 69.95, discounted from the regular price of 139.95 (if you bought it without controller..)...is that correct?

Seems almost too good to be true, but I'm not complaining. If that is the case, I now see why everyone says to just be done with it and buy the advanced package with your first controller.

DonFL wrote:

The "starter package", when purchased with a controller offers the advanced package for 69.95, discounted from the regular price of 139.95 (if you bought it without controller..)...is that correct?

Seems almost too good to be true, but I'm not complaining. If that is the case, I now see why everyone says to just be done with it and buy the advanced package with your first controller.

Well, there are a couple thing to keep in mind. Controllers are like potato chips. You can't stop at one. So you get the software cheap, but you will keep buying controllers. If you actually got the basic software, you'd need to upgrade when you wanted to go to more than 2 controllers. I thought I was done at two, I'm buying my fourth, and I have a small display.

A lot of the old timers got the Advanced version because of a deal we got moving from 1.x to 2.x. But it's really the way to go.

Wow, the sale is July 1st huh. Well I just might have to order myself a birthday present.

My bday is this Saturday, the 26th. so I will hopefully have some money to play with!

I've heard about people getting free stuff, is there anything special you have to do, (Ie; bribe, Have the same name as Dan?) to get on that list? LOL.

Dan C wrote:

I've heard about people getting free stuff, is there anything special you have to do, (Ie; bribe, Have the same name as Dan?) to get on that list? LOL.

In the past, they had a delayed shipping option. One year, the offered free shipping for this option. The past couple of years if you selected this option, you name would be placed in a hopper to get your order for free. There was a set dollar amount on the amount of product they were giving away. So the number of winners was dependent upon how large the early winners orders were.

Dan, here's a suggestion, if you are going to do a similar promotion, cap the dollar amount so you will end up with more winners.

iresq wrote:

Dan C wrote:

In the past, they had a delayed shipping option. One year, the offered free shipping for this option. The past couple of years if you selected this option, you name would be placed in a hopper to get your order for free. There was a set dollar amount on the amount of product they were giving away. So the number of winners was dependent upon how large the early winners orders were.

Dan, here's a suggestion, if you are going to do a similar promotion, cap the dollar amount so you will end up with more winners.

From what I remember the TryForFree promotion last year was capped at $2500 (only one was above that, of the 35-40 winners, from what I recall).

Surfing4Dough wrote:

iresq wrote

From what I remember the TryForFree promotion last year was capped at $2500 (only one was above that, of the 35-40 winners, from what I recall).

This is just my own opinion, but to 'spread the love' I suggest a reduced cap of $1000 is more appropriate. Surely a $1000 discount is still a big surprise! Though I guess in the end it wouldn't make a big difference in the amount of winners..

Awaiting the July 1st sale so that I can order some DC controllers ;)... let's just hope the AU$ doesn't slip too much between now and then! :)

LightORamaDan wrote:

This year the sale will start July 1 and run until July 14. Wewill have more information in about a week.

Dan

I am surprised that we haven't learned any new info or received any teasers with regards to the sale. It is only a few days away.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

I am surprised that we haven't learned any new info or received any teasers with regards to the sale. It is only a few days away.

I agree!

Tim Herberger wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

This year the sale will start July 1 and run until July 14. We will have more information in about a week.

Dan

Hey Ed, here's your Que, post away.:)

As soon as I see a page, I will inform PC how they can light up that house, tree, bush, arch, pole, mini tree, inflatable, blowmold, pumpkin, cutout, mover, wirefram, dog, turkey dinner, trash can, etc. with quality products from LOR.

ErnieHorning wrote:

Just a suggestion to anybody at LOR.

Maybe a link could be setup such as http://lightorama.com/sales that people could check or be directed to do so, that would indicate whether any sales information has been released. It could then either provide a link or automatically redirect the user to an actual sale page.

This could be used for both the not so secret, secret sale and the sumer sale. "Hey, did you check LOR's sales link first?"

I know the sales spawn a lot of discussion and speculation, sometimes over multiple threads, on several websites. Then again, what would we talk about this time of year.:P

Edit: A link could also be added to sign up for the email list.

There is a link on the main page ...
Receive sale notifications:
If you are not on the Light-O-Rama mailing list then join it now and you will receive notice when we have a sale. Sale Information...

DavidPeterson wrote:

This sale is never the crazy fire sale type like the clearance sale. As long as you order during the dates, you're good.

Now, they sometimes also have an incentive to not request your box be sent right away. In the past they've given away controllers, computers etc to winners in the group of people that said it was ok to ship later. You'll get them in plenty of time for the season, but a good way of them dealing with the number of orders.

The one in Feb was like that! Most things were limited and sold fast! I think the summer sale has no limits.

Wouldn't you know it, two days before the sale, my Air conditioner went out. So much for having some extra money for the sale. Time to dip into the college fund I guess...