Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale

timmy

I am looking to purchase the 32 channel starter package and was wanting advice if it is worth waiting on the sale or if I would even save? I ask this because I think the individual components are all that is on sale. I don't know if I will even save anything purchasing these separately or if I should go ahead and purchase the starter package. Thanks in advance.
Tim

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• crabtreechristmas

• Don

• bwaldrep

The sale prices are always worth the wait. You can start you sequencing by downloading the trial version and upgrade it when you get you order.

timmy wrote:

I am looking to purchase the 32 channel starter package and was wanting advice if it is worth waiting on the sale or if I would even save? I ask this because I think the individual components are all that is on sale. I don't know if I will even save anything purchasing these separately or if I should go ahead and purchase the starter package. Thanks in advance.
Tim

Timmy, Controllers (fully assembled) have been on sale every year during the sale.

I'd be surprised if they are not this time.

I just didn't know if the software and all the stuff that comes in starter package were on sale too. Thanks for the quick replies.

Software has not usually been on sale.

I can't recall if starter kits were on sale, though.

Thank you guys! I guess I'll wait another month or so and hope starter kits are on sale again. Do either of you know a good place for tutorial vids for S2 sequencing? LOR website still says under construction. Thanks for all the help!!!! Oh by the way bwaldrep if that is your house as your avatar, it is beautiful!

Nice, probably just when I am on vacation and will have no internet for a week. It will be just my luck.

toddmoon wrote:

How long does the sale go for?

Based on my memory, I want to say about 2 weeks. But Dan I'm sure will send out an email notice before with all the details. (Dates, prices, etc.)

Just a suggestion to anybody at LOR.

Maybe a link could be setup such as http://lightorama.com/sales that people could check or be directed to do so, that would indicate whether any sales information has been released. It could then either provide a link or automatically redirect the user to an actual sale page.

This could be used for both the not so secret, secret sale and the sumer sale. "Hey, did you check LOR's sales link first?"

I know the sales spawn a lot of discussion and speculation, sometimes over multiple threads, on several websites. Then again, what would we talk about this time of year.:)

Edit: A link could also be added to sign up for the email list.

ErnieHorning wrote:

Just a suggestion to anybody at LOR.

Maybe a link could be setup such as http://lightorama.com/sales that people could check or be directed to do so, that would indicate whether any sales information has been released. It could then either provide a link or automatically redirect the user to an actual sale page.

This could be used for both the not so secret, secret sale and the sumer sale. "Hey, did you check LOR's sales link first?"

I know the sales spawn a lot of discussion and speculation, sometimes over multiple threads, on several websites. Then again, what would we talk about this time of year.:)

Edit: A link could also be added to sign up for the email list.

Doesn't this page do most of that already?

http://www.lightorama.com/w_sale_info.htm

You can sign up to receive email and if a sale is on I am pretty sure it is updated.

Certainly you can't miss the summer sale because LOR is usually running some kind of win stuff free promotion.

That is how I got started in 2009, just happened on the LOR website during the summer sale and bought my 16 channel starter package.

After I asked the question I then noticed to sales page from last year. It looks like the sale lasted 15 days last year so I would suspect it would be the same or similar this year.

It is that time of year when I get to cash out surplus unused vacation time at work and I am hoping that I can get my hands of the money while the sale is on and then I do not have to go through the spousal unit for approval of funds.

Ah, the things we do for lights. :)

vipzach wrote:

There is already a link for Sales...

I’m sorry; I never knew that it existed. I just know that twice a year, several people ask when the sale is. And they seem to feel it requires a new thread specifically for them without looking to see that it’s already been asked six times by others.

It would seem easier to point to that location first, sort of like teaching a man to fish.

Once we know everything about the sale we setup a sale page and put a link on the home page.

This year the sale will start July 1 and run until July 14. Wewill have more information in about a week.

Dan