Light-O-Rama Forums

Using LOR Dongle with DMX

djohnson1810

For example: I the cable is connected into the usb485 adapter, and I disconnect and reconnect, the parled light up, but it doesn't respond to the S3 commands.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dominguesg

• djohnson1810

• KenL_MCSE

• eurbani

Sure glad I found this post. I have been receiving this error at almost midnight lately and couldn't figure it out. Now I know I'm just staying up to late. It would be nice if it wasn't labeled an "ERROR" as it had me worried.

2012-11-17 22:41:04 3:Listener [ERROR] Socket 568, connection closed while reading msg header

Technically it IS an error, but since you know the cause you can ignore it.

The listener was in the middle of receiving some data when the connection went poof. The listener doesn't know if the connection went dead because the other side shut down gracefully, or if crashed, someone pulled a cable/etc - all it knows is that something killed the pipe.

Hmm.. I thought the first time that I seen it I was just using the sequence editor. Last night I had the scheduler running for sure. Knowing this I will keep an eye on it. So my assumption, beings I'm running E1.31, is that if this happens and I didn't interrupt it, then I may have other issues?

• The topic was locked