Light-O-Rama Forums

Any rumors for LOR 2011?

scubado

Dan,
Can you give a ball park on what the floods are going to cost. That way we all have an idea of what to budget for. I know there gonna be more expensive then the DIY but just trying to get my budget set for this year.

Thanks again for the great products and service.

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• dmoore

• toddmoon

• -klb-

I am hopefully going to purchase up to 244 channels during the feb. sale + up to 4 dc boards. Later in the year I will buy led strings for 2 2x2 led matrixes and 1 8x5 matix using the lor ccb. Is this a good idea? Should I get the g2 controllers? And also I am getting up to another 244 channels in July. Any recommendations?

bwhitehead wrote:

Dan,
Can you give a ball park on what the floods are going to cost. That way we all have an idea of what to budget for. I know there gonna be more expensive then the DIY but just trying to get my budget set for this year.

Thanks again for the great products and service.

Brandon

Copied from Dans earlier post... :
If you purchase the two head package, it will run about $149 per head, this includes cables, enclosures, flood heads, constant current driver, outdoor power supply. A single head package will be about $199

I seem to remember reading that the LOR Floods will be as bright as 20 Rainbow Flood lights... so i guess you're getting what you pay for.

I forgot to mention that I will use a lor flood light (2-6) for our huge roof and for a wash on our house + a wash on our ground.

John2571 wrote:

I am hopefully going to purchase up to 244 channels during the feb. sale + up to 4 dc boards. Later in the year I will buy led strings for 2 2x2 led matrixes and 1 8x5 matix using the lor ccb. Is this a good idea? Should I get the g2 controllers? And also I am getting up to another 244 channels in July. Any recommendations?
I'm thinking about doing a matrix this year... but I'm not sure what size I want to go for... I was thinking to sticking to standard Wide-screen dimensions (16:9) Was looking at doing 32/18 pixels... which is 576 bulbs (6 sets of 100 bulbs)... down side to that idea is the cost, and programming the damn thing, lol.

After this list year and now the water cannons for this years 4th of July I just hope I can afford it. Also, how long will these LEDs from lor be?

the new Cosmic Color Bulbs are 50 light strings spaced 8 inches apart (33.3feet/50 bulbs... a pair of 50 count strings on one controller will give you 66.6 feet and 100 bulbs).

Is 20x as bright as a rainbow flood a stretch? How would they compare in brightness to a standard 75 or 100watt flood?

To correct myself... each flood is estimated to be as bright as 10 Rainbow Floods... not 20. I was thinking about a pair being as bright as 20 Rainbow Floods.
Original post can be found here: http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum25/25718-1.html

LightORamaDan wrote:

-------
The floods have their own high power constant current driver. The card has 6 channels and supports 2 flood heads. They will not be in a kit. The LEDS are high power, surface mount and use a aluminum PCB and are in a sealed aluminum/glass head. Sealed cable connections, etc.. They are not going to be inexpensive floods. One of them probably has the power of 10 rainbow floods (or more).
-------
Dan

• 4 weeks later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

Sorry... I missed this thread for a while.... It was a crazy end of year but I am finally catching up a bit on things not related to immediate customer support.

Here are some of the questions I missed:

Dan any idea when you may be announcing prices for the CCB, and CCF?

It will be soon. We will give an update before the end of Feb.

Oh boy. Not too much longer for an update. ;) I think I'm going to pop.

• 1 month later...